Pumpkin Spice Waffles and Spiderman

paleo pumpkin waffles

This is a partnered conversation

Fall is in the air (although it’s 94 degrees today) and I knew that I had to break out the pumpkin and the pumpkin spice.  I was shopping at my local Grocery Outlet after receiving the Wow Alerts  that coconut flour was on sale. I grabbed a couple of bags and while wandering the isles, The Little screamed with happiness when he saw this Spiderman costume for $15.

He wore it for 4 days straight. I wish I was joking.  After some major  bargining, I got him to store it in a special place so it would stay in one piece for Halloween. The variety of goods they carry is one of the reasons I LOVE Grocery Outlet. I never know if I’m going to find organic coconut oil or my kiddo’s Halloween costume.

kids spiderman costume

Anyhow, back to the pumpkin spice waffles.  We’re off of nuts and starches right now and I  had a hankering for a fun waffle recipe , so voila! this recipe was born.

It is crazy good and I highly suggest you double the recipe. It’s also Kid Spiderman approved 🙂

Notes:

• These waffles are more cake-like and you will have to flip them out of your waffle iron.

paleo pumpkin waffles

Pumpkin Spice Waffles and Spiderman

Servings: 4 waffles

1. Preheat you waffle iron.
  2. In your blender add all your ingredients and pulse until completely mixed.
  3. Pour 1/2 cup on your waffle maker and cook until completely done. This waffles are very soft when they are done. I had to turn my waffle iron upside down to get them to drop out.
  4. Repeat until all the batter is gone.

paleo pumpkin waffles

This post is sponsored by Grocery Outlet. I only share with you my honest opinions and brands that I love.

1. Annie September 14, 2015 at 10:43 am

Hi.. have you tried with banana instead of pumpkin puree by any chance ? Or do you think it would work.? Same ratio ?

1. Kelly Bejelly September 14, 2015 at 11:48 am

I havne’t hun. I think it would work and I would start with the same ratio.

2. Stacey September 15, 2015 at 12:19 pm

I would love to eat those with Spiderman, how cute!

3. Amy September 15, 2015 at 12:55 pm

Finally a nut free pumpkin waffle!!!! YEA! Thank you, Kelly! 😀

1. Kelly Bejelly September 15, 2015 at 2:39 pm

Yeah! Enjoy Amy! I’m off of nuts so expect more coconut flour recipes 🙂

4. jessie September 25, 2015 at 10:55 pm

I agree with you about the nuts too much use of almond meal. need more variety. thank you this one will try

5. Jeffrey November 7, 2015 at 10:20 am

I’m off eggs right now and am looking for a substitute. Can I substitute unsweetened apple sauce? If so, any thoughts on ratio?

1. Kelly Bejelly November 20, 2015 at 9:56 am

I would do gelatin egg. This recipe is very soft and applesauce will not bind it correctly.

6. Claire November 14, 2015 at 1:24 pm

Add 1 T of flax meal… No longer will you need to turn the iron upside down!

1. Kelly Bejelly November 20, 2015 at 9:55 am

Thanks for sharing that amazing top Claire!

7. Tara November 19, 2015 at 2:24 pm

These look great and I’m excited to try. I also wanted to comment and say I love Grocery Outlet. I just moved to southern Delaware County, PA (near Philly) and I found one and tried it out. This store is amazing!

1. Kelly Bejelly November 20, 2015 at 9:47 am

Isn’t it? I seriously have a major crush on Grocery Outlet 🙂

8. Alex B. February 6, 2016 at 7:56 am

These did NOT work for me, even as pancakes; the batter was way too thin. I used Tropical Traditions coconut flour. I know there’s a lot of variation among the brands, so I’m guessing that’s what went wrong. I probably could have done with half or less of the water!

1. Kelly Bejelly May 2, 2016 at 9:09 am

Sorry it didn’t work hun. I’ve been using Nativa brand.

9. Tracy October 2, 2016 at 6:24 am

I have a can of Farmers Market Organic Pumkin Pie Mix…Can I use that instead of the Pumpkin Puree? The ingredients say “organic pumkin pie puree, organic cane sugar, organic cinnamon, organoc nutmeg, organic ginger, organic cloves, and organic allspice.”

1. Kelly Bejelly November 13, 2016 at 4:41 pm

You will probably have to skip the sugar in the recipe hun. It should work ok.

10. Ashley December 3, 2016 at 12:01 pm

These tasted amazing!!!! So excited to find a Paleo waffle recipe I love. However, mine was super stuck to the waffle iron….like so stuck that I had scrambled waffles! My mixture was pretty thick and we sprayed the iron…. Any suggestions? Would LOVE to be able to use this again and have it in actual waffle form. Thanks!

1. Kelly Bejelly December 10, 2016 at 10:43 am

You might try adding one more egg hun 🙂