This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Gummies are a delicious snack or treat. Conventional gummy snacks are made with starches, thickeners, refined sugars, and other yucky stuff, not to mention artificial colors and flavors. It’s so easy to make your own berry gummies with real food ingredients!
These delicious berry gummies are made with grass-fed gelatin to thicken them, which is an awesome source of protein with many health benefits. They are sweetened with unsweetened frozen fruit and pure maple syrup. The recipe also has two cups of spinach in it which provides an amazing source of nutrients and antioxidants. If you make sure to blend the mixture really well to get it very smooth, you won’t taste the spinach in the finished product at all!
You could easily change this recipe up to fit your tastes and what you have in your fridge. You could swap the spinach out for kale or spring mix, or you could use a different kind of berry. If you want to get really adventurous you could try swapping out the berries for a different fruit altogether; like pineapple or mango.
With Halloween coming up, these gummies would make the perfect nutritious treat to hand out in place of sugary candy.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 cup frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups fresh spinach, packed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2-4 tablespoons B grade maple syrup
- ½ cup . gelatin
- ½ cup water
- In blender, combine the blueberries, strawberries, spinach, lime juice, and maple syrup.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- While the liquid heats, dissolve the gelatin in the water.
- As soon as the berry and spinach mixture boils, remove it from the heat and whisk in the gelatin.
- Pour into molds or an 8”x8” glass baking dish and chill until set.
- Remove from molds or cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Sodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 11.7gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 6.4g