I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Calphalon. I received product samples and a promotional item to thank me for my participation
Two weeks ago I came to the scary relization that I had been using toy knives to cook for the last 25 years.
Ok, let me back up. So two weeks ago I was sent the Calphalon Self-Sharpening Cutlery Set. I can honestly say this is the first time I’ve ever had a grown up, professional set of knives and I finally connected how much time I had been wasting in my kitchen with my old set.
Seriously, I went from spending 20 minutes cutting vegetables, fruit and meats to 10 minutes flat. Cutting through chicken was like cutting through butter.
Want to see what I’m talking about? Watch this video showing how to cut an onion with these amazing knives
Did you see how simple it was for him to chop through an onion. It wasn’t just skill, it was raser sharp knives that made the work as easy as pie. By the way, you can check out more Knife Skills Videos here.
Another feature I love about this set is that they are self-sharpening! Seriously, built into the stainless steel block are cermaic sharpeners so that the simple act of removing the knives from the holder, sharpens the knives. Yes! No more special trips to see a knife-sharper, which, come on, who has time for?
The knives are made with high-carbon, no stain forged stainless steel and, let’s just say it, are plain sexy.
So, I knew I had to create a fun recipe with these knives so I whipped up some Gluten-free Pineapple Fried Rice. I did a lot of chopping, dicing and cutting but it was fast, fun and easy.
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 3 cups of cooked rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 4 tablespoons of coconut aminos or gluten-free tamari
- In a large skillet over medium, melt the coconut oil and add the onions and garlic. Saute for 3 to 4 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Take the cut chicken and sprinke with 1/2 teaspooon of sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Place the chicken the skillet and cook for 6 to 7 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Add in the frozen peas and carrots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then add in the pineapple and rice and with a two spoons, lightly toss the rice to combine.
- Sprinke the rest of the salt and pepper over the rice and add in the tamair.
- Toss again to combine and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and serve immediately.
One lucky person has the chance of winning the same set that I recieved! Contest entrants are only eligible to win once per sweepstake, per household as part of a campaign sponsored by Influence Central. Enter via the Rafflecopter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway