A crisp and delicious cracker makes a wonderful snack! These paleo crackers are crispy and delicious. They are the perfect canvas for homemade guacamole or paleo hummus made with cauliflower or zucchini, or even slices of paleo”gelatin cheese!”
These crackers are nut-free, so they are perfect for those with nut allergies or sensitivities. They crisp up nicely in the oven. If you find that your crackers aren’t quite as crispy as you like them after they’ve cooled completely, just pop them in the oven for a couple more minutes; no biggie!
You can make these to bring to your next party or potluck with veggie tray, or make them for the kids for a yummy lunchbox or after school snack!
I kept the herbs in this recipe fairly tame so that you can pair these crackers with different toppings. Feel free to increase the herbs or add other herbs to your liking. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cassava flour
- 1 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 egg whites, whisked
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grease a baking sheet with a bit of coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut flour, arrowroot, cassava flour, herbs, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix in the egg whites and coconut oil.
- Form the dough into a ball and press and pat it out on the baking sheet as thin as possible.
- Bake for about 5 minutes.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut into squares and bake for 25-20 more minutes, turning a couple times, or until golden browned and crisp.