Smoothies are one of my absolute favorite snacks or quick breakfasts! It’s so incredibly easy to incorporate lots of yummy ingredients as well as lots of nutrition into a drinkable form. The reason I don’t make smoothies more often is because they require so much chopping and so many decisions as far as what to put in the smoothie!
That’s why I absolutely love these smoothie packs; you can decide what to put in your smoothie ahead of time, freeze it, and then when you need some nutrition fast just pop it in the blender and boom – the perfect smoothie! The other thing I love about this is that when you use all frozen fruits and veggies in a smoothie, the smoothie has a much more creamy texture; it’s like a dessert! It’s also so convenient to be able to preserve that huge bunch of ripening bananas on the counter by freezing it!
I’ve created two different fruit and veggie combos to use in your smoothie packs, but feel free to make up your own! A berry and kale pack would be delicious, as would a pineapple, mango, and banana combo. You can add other fruits and veggies to the recipes below as well; spinach might be nice!
Things you could add to your own creations when you blend the smoothie include cacao powder, vanilla extract, chia seeds, collagen peptides, or even some coconut oil for extra good fats! Have fun making your own smoothie packs; this would be a great project to do with kids!
Make Ahead Smoothie PacksPrint
For Chocolate Avocado Smoothie Packs:
- 2 ripe bananas peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and sliced
Orange Apple ginger Smoothie Packs:
- 1 green apple peeled and sliced
- 1 orange peeled and separated into segments
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 1 piece small of ginger 1/4", peeled
- 2 cups nondairy milk of choice per smoothie pack almond, cashew, coconut
- 2-3 tablespoons raw cacao powder for chocolate avocado smoothie only
- Choose which smoothie pack you'd like to make. (You can make them both!)
- Place all smoothie pack ingredients in a plastic quart zipper bag and freeze.
- When ready to make smoothies, take one of the smoothie packs out of the freezer and dump the contents into a blender. Pour the nondairy milk over. (If making the chocolate avocado smoothie, add the cacao powder now.)
- Blend until very smooth.