Who doesn’t love cookie dough? And what better time of year that Valentine’s Day to enjoy some yummy cookie dough full of chocolate chunks? Part of the reason I love to make cookies is just to eat a little bit of cookie dough while I’m baking…yum!
That’s why these cookie dough hearts are just perfect; there’s no baking required and they’re a fancy way to eat cookie dough! These bite-sized cookie dough hearts are absolutely perfect to bring to a Valentine’s Day party or just to make for your valentine.
As an added bonus, they’re full of great healthy fats! There’s a low-sugar (stevia-sweet) option for this recipe as well, so even those looking to control their blood sugar can enjoy this recipe!
I made a heart-shaped cookie log with the dough to make the cookie dough hearts easy to slice. If you’d rather pat out the dough and cut with a heart-shaped cookie cutter, that would work as well.
Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough HeartsPrint
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut butter, coconut oil, stevia or honey, and vanilla and mix well.
- Add almond flour and chocolate and mix well.
- Form into a log. Use a knife to cut a notch lengthwise down one side of the log, and carefully mold the opposite side into a point. Freeze until set.
- Cut like an icebox cookie log; you should have slices of cookie dough that look like hearts.
- Freeze the hearts while you prepare the coating.
- Over low heat, melt the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Coat the cookie dough hearts in chocolate and freeze until set.
- Store in an airtight container the fridge.