I’ll admit that I was dragging my feet when it came to using Cassava flour. I was like, uggggg, another flour to learn.
However, I knew it was time to get all up in it and I’ve discovered that it is seriously super close to traditional wheat flours. It has a 1 to 1 ratio!
What a mistake it was avoiding it because now I can pull out some of my old wheat flour recipes and enjoy them again. Anyhow, I made these biscuits over on 20 Dishes’ Facebook page and you can watch the video here.
Cassava flour brands vary considerably. I created this recipe using this Cassava Flour. When I tried to recreate it as written with another brand it DID NOT come our right and needed to be adjusted.
Even then, the flavor and texture were subpar. For this reason, I only recommend this Cassava Flour.
Gluten-free Buttermilk BiscuitsPrint
- reheat the oven to 350 Degrees. Line a Baking Sheet (https://20dishes.com/ss-baking-sheet) with A Silicone Mat (https://20dishes.com/S-mat)
- In a mixing bowl add the dry ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Add in the butter and work it into crumbs with your hands until the texture resembles crumbs. Then add in the egg and milk and mix with a spoon until you have a fluffy dough.
- Grab your baking sheet and either make drop biscuits or use the Wonder Cup (https://20dishes.com/wc) and make perfectly portioned biscuits).
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.