Chocolate Chip Banana Mug Bread

paleo banana bread in a mug

Since I’m on my dessert for oneย kick, ย I thought it would be fun to make an easy Banana mug bread recipe.

First, this recipe is crazy good.

It’s the kind of recipe that can put sunshine into your ย day and you won’t feel the least bit guilty because you ended up eating a whole loaf.

I really wanted to add walnuts to the recipe but I didn’t have any but trust me that I’ll do it the next time I make this.

paleo banana bread in a mug

Servings: 1 person
Prep Time 1 person 1 minute Cook Time 2 minutes

1. Mix ingredients in a bowl and then add to your mug Microwave for 2 minutes

1. Tarah @ What I Gather May 18, 2015 at 9:18 am

This looks so good! I am all about super-simple treats without a bunch of ingredients I don’t even have. Having a bag of chocolate chips in the house can be dangerous, though. ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Rachel May 18, 2015 at 8:00 pm

This looks divine. And dessert in a single serving is exactly what I need because will power? Me? Nope.

3. Kymberly Pectelidis June 1, 2015 at 7:14 pm

Just made this recipe. Took me a couple of minutes to throw it all together and microwave. Super easy and super yummy!

4. Amber June 3, 2015 at 4:46 pm

THANK YOU!!! Thank you for sharing a single serving scrumptious dessert with us! I had everything on had except chocolate chips which is fine because I am allergic to chocolate ๐Ÿ™ This dessert is seriously magic in a cup & take VERY little time to create! I made my own almond flour by zipping a little under 1/2 cup almonds through my food processor. Since I didn’t process then to a super fine powder, there was added texture to my banana bread which left me not feeling bad for omitting the walnuts (which I am also allergic to!) I added the mixture to a bowl with the egg & 1 small/medium banana which was a little more than the called for 1/4 cup. I added the rest of the ingredients & popped in the microwave for 2 minutes. To mu utter surprise, I now have a delicious dessert just for ME! Thanks again & have a super day! <3

5. Wendy June 10, 2015 at 6:50 pm

SO quick and easy!! I substitute Cashew flour as didn’t have any Almond and it worked perfectly. I also didn’t have any chocolate chips and used Cacao nibs instead…chocolate chips would be SO much better lol.
    I will definitely make again. Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

1. Kelly Bejelly August 2, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Love what you did Wendy. I’m glad you enjoyed it.

6. Karen August 3, 2015 at 9:34 pm

I saw this tonight and had to make it. Measured out the ingredients and realized I was out of bananas. I used 1/4 cup frozen pineapple, thawed with tsp of ghee. Mashed and used as replacement for banana. It was awesome. Thank you for sharing. I’ll get bananas later in the week and give the original a go. ?

1. Kelly Bejelly September 10, 2015 at 11:22 am

Wow, I love the changes you made Karen!

7. Anna August 15, 2016 at 1:39 pm

Hi Kelly, I don’t own a microwave, its a personal preference.
    Would it cook differently in the oven using a muffin tin??
    Thanks

1. Kelly Bejelly August 18, 2016 at 9:15 am

You can bake this at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes hun.

8. Casey the College Celiac June 17, 2017 at 7:11 pm

Mug cakes are always a good idea! And I’m a sucker for banana mug cakes with a lil’ chocolate ๐Ÿ˜‰

9. Renee Kohley June 19, 2017 at 4:19 pm

This is the perfect “momma needs a break during naptime” treat! Thanks!

10. Kari - Get Inspired Everyday! June 20, 2017 at 6:01 am

Single serving desserts are a lifesaver for me because I always find it hard with bigger desserts not to just keep eating them until they’re gone! This looks scrumptious and you can’t beat the chocolate banana combo!

11. Jean June 20, 2017 at 1:48 pm

I can’t believe this takes less than 5 minutes! Almost dangerous haha. I’m saving this so I can try it later!

12. Irena Macri June 20, 2017 at 3:41 pm

You make dessert so easy! I might even have all these ingredients on hand right now… yum!

13. Michele Spring June 20, 2017 at 4:39 pm

I love mug breads so will definitely be trying this one out, especially since it doesn’t have a gazillion ingredients!

14. Tina June 20, 2017 at 4:41 pm

Kelly, this mug bread looks so delicious! Can’t wait to try it!

15. ChihYu June 21, 2017 at 6:07 pm

This looks so simple and delicious to make ! Perfect for breakfast ! Thank you !

16. Jo Romero June 25, 2017 at 7:48 am

I love to have some mug recipes just in case I get a craving for something a bit off my plan! Lovely for a treat, and this looks fab. Thanks for a great recipe ๐Ÿ™‚

17. STACEY CRAWFORD June 25, 2017 at 10:10 am

You know I love recipes in a mug! This one looks super tasty!

18. Holley Marth June 25, 2017 at 11:15 am

Such a quick and easy treat! I’ll make one for work tonight, the perfect snack!

19. Cristina Curp June 25, 2017 at 5:25 pm

I have a weak spot for mug cakes. This is too good… and too easy ๐Ÿ˜‰

20. Katja June 25, 2017 at 6:48 pm

YUM! And so easy!

21. Becky Winkler June 25, 2017 at 6:49 pm

We don’t have a microwave anymore, but now I’m tempted to get one just for this recipe!!

22. Emily @ Recipes to Nourish June 25, 2017 at 6:53 pm

I love chocolate chip banana bread, now this is so fun! A perfect treat for one … yes please!

23. Darryl June 26, 2017 at 6:50 am

This post has put sunshine in my day! So much deliciousness in such a short time of prep time. Exactly what I love!