July 27, 2017   By Kelly Bejelly

Last weekend we headed to coast to hang out with Mr. Bejelly’s family.  It had been two years since we were able to join them (last year I was pregnant with Bubba and I really did not leave the house at all during this time.)

Anyhow, the weather was incredible.  There is just something about the salty air and aroma of the ocean that just puts me into instant relaxation mode.  On Saturday we do a family potluck and I was in charge of bringing dessert.

I knew I had to make this Easy Peach Crumble Cobbler.  What seems like a million years ago, but really, was just junior high, one of my friends brought this dish to a school potluck. I had thirds and begged her for the recipe.    When she told me, I didn’t believe it could be so simple.

Now, I don’t do high sweet desserts because, I just can’t and this is a high sweet dessert.  If you want to reduce the sugar in the recipe, I’m going to recommend you don’t use the syrup that comes with the fruit and replace it with the equivalent amount of water.  Also, when I made this at the coast I used Hodgon Mills Yellow cake which has less sugar than the Pamela’s Vanilla Cake I used in the recipe.

Easy Peach Crumble Cobbler

Servings: 6 people

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Pour the canned peaches into a 9" baking dish.  If you are trying to reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe, replace the liquid equivalent or the syrup with water.

3. Pour 1/2 bag of gluten-free yellow cake mix over the top and then the butter over the top.

4. Place in oven on top of a baking sheet.  After 45 minutes, check the crumble and poke holes in the top near spots that are dry.   Also, add more melted butter to the top where the dry spots are.

5. When the top is golden brown and bubbly, remove from the oven and let cool before eating.

© 2011-2017, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

• July 31, 2017 at 10:35 am

Gah! This is so easy! No way! We just picked up peaches from the farm so I’ll make some filling – I’m totally making this!

• August 1, 2017 at 3:59 pm

DAAAAAAAANG!!! This recipe looks so good! Better get me some peaches!

• August 2, 2017 at 2:55 am

I’ve got a lot of ripe peaches on the counter right now, so I might make something like this with fresh fruit while it’s in season. Don’t have that flour but I can probably make up a similar GF flour mix, right? Thanks for the inspiration.

• August 2, 2017 at 1:48 pm

What a simple and delicious recipe. It totally reminds me of the southern dump cakes we used to make using those unhealthy boxes of jiffy cake mix! I’m going to give this a try with a grainfree cake mix! Thanks for the great idea and recipe! 🙂 Yum!

• August 3, 2017 at 2:44 pm

That yellow cake mix sounds super convenient. Looks so delicious!

• August 4, 2017 at 5:35 pm

These peach crumble cobbler will be perfect for everyday afternoon tea ! So YUM !

• August 4, 2017 at 6:35 pm

First of all, swoon!!! I LOVE peach cobbler! When I first read the title my eyes played a trick on me and read “each peach” and my mind went right to a childhood book “Each Peach Pear Plum” that my mom read to me {which had pie in it}. Anyway, so yummy and fun that somehow this reminded me of a lost memory.

• August 6, 2017 at 5:39 am

YUM! I have a big bag of peaches just waiting to be baked into something. Now I know what I’m making today.

• August 7, 2017 at 9:33 am

Great recipe – also loved the advice of how to reduce the sugar. Simple really, but sometimes we need these hints and tips! Great work!

• Cristina Curp
    August 7, 2017 at 10:20 am

So easy! Perfect recipe to make with my kiddo!