The world is inundated with fast food chains, cafes, coffee shops, and restaurants that it is hard to make a name for yourself if you are just opening up your own eatery. The best way to make your mark and set yourself apart from the competition is to be unique and have fresh ideas that will appeal to those in your local area. This article will give some crazy ideas for a restaurant that will not only set you apart from others, but will make you the talk of the town.
- Popular culture spin off. One of the best ways to gain notoriety is to play off of what is popular. While this is a great idea for the moment, you will have to change from time to time when a new trend is popular. This may not seem like the best idea but it has great potential. For example, if you live in Scranton, PA, where the hit show The Office is set, you could open an Office-themed restaurant. The Office has a great following and people flock from all over the world to see hot spots that were frequently mentioned in episodes of the Office. Anytime you play off of a hit show, you will have popularity, at least for the moment.
- Food trucks. In many busy cities, food trucks are all the rage. People do not have time to sit down and enjoy a meal during the business day and therefore prefer to stop by a food truck and grab their lunch while on the go. Cupcakes, crepes, hot dogs, gyros, and chinese food are all trucks that grab the attention of those passing by. To be different, consider opening up a cafe-type of food truck. Offer lattes, espresso, and delicious macchiato concoctions to caffeine-hungry patrons at all hours of the day. To get started, check out the great coffee appliances at ekuep.com.
- Kids Town. Create a restaurant that has no rules and is set up just as a child would want it. There are bright colors, fun characters on the walls, and perhaps a playground inside. Offer special times of the day such as story time or maybe have a napping area where the child and parent can nap. Perhaps offer mindfulness or meditation for children and baby and mommy yoga classes. Of course serve kids favorite cuisine in the food area.
- Doggy Cafe. Another great idea for a cafe or small eatery is an outdoor area that allows dogs. Perhaps there is even a dog park off of the cafe that patrons can allow their trusty pet to play while they enjoy a nice cup of coffee or sandwich.
- Playground bites. Playgrounds often are lacking food and drink. After playing for awhile, it is highly likely that your child will want a snack or a drink. Having a playground snack or lunch shack set up is a great way to provide a service to hungry kids and desperate parents.
- Mom’s Spot. Mom’s are always looking for a break. A cafe or restaurant that is created just for mom’s could be just the remedy they are looking for. Perhaps you offer babysitting for an hour or 2 at a time so that busy moms can stop and read a book or enjoy a cup of coffee in quiet while you watch their child. A place like this is surely to become a fan favorite right away.
- Dad’s Pub. Dad’s like to have a cold beer after a long day and what a great way to relax than to hang out with other dad’s. A pub marketed specifically at dad’s is a great way to bring in thirsty patrons, especially on game day!