This is a sponsored conversation. All opinions are my own.
I knew the moment I met Mr. Bejelly he would be an amazing father and the moment I saw him cradle the Little right after he was born, I knew my instincts were right.
The transition from man to father happens in an instant. There are no fireworks, no parades or grand speeches required for such a life changing event and every day I am grateful to know our children are being raised by him. With Father’s day approaching I knew I had to make something special for him.
Pancakes were not going to cut it so I took inspiration from one of his guilty pleasures and made a Keto Fried Chicken Taco Shell also known as the Chicken Chaupla. Of course, I had to run to one of my most favorite stores EVER – Whole Foods Market 365.
If you haven’t been to this store. Go right this minute.
I know what you’re secretly thinking – you want me to run to “whole paycheck?” Well, Whole Foods Market 365 is going to rock your bank account because it’s the same quality and standards of Whole Foods but at a lower price.
Yes, I was able to buy food here for lower than any natural store (even my beloved discount market) and save a ton of money while being able to feed my family the best quality clean food.
It’s a totally win-win, in my humble opinion.
- Thousands and thousands of organic and non-GMO products
- Unmatched selection of gluten-free, vegan and other special-diet foods
- No artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or sweeteners in any of the food we sell
- High-fructose corn syrup, added MSG and hydrogenated fats are not allowed in food
- Only responsibly farmed or sustainably caught wild seafood in their seafood department
- Prepared foods made fresh using only high-quality ingredients like those in our aisles
- Meat department sources only from animals raised to animal welfare standards with no added hormones and no antibiotics, ever
- Loads of local, Whole Trade® and organic produce and flowers
- 365 Everyday Value® eggs all go beyond cage-free
- Dairy and cheese choices from animals not given hormones (rBST/rBGH)
- All cleaning products are eco-friendly and list ingredients
- No parabens, phthalates, triclosan and 100+ more questionable ingredients in any body care in their stores
Now that I’ve shared my love for Whole Foods Market 365, let’s get into this keto chalupa recipe.
One tip, take your time slicing the chicken breasts. Seriously, it’s not a task you want to do fast or you’ll have super thick slices.
I’m really excited to see his face when I whip these up on Father’s Day and I hope your favorite dad enjoys them as much as we do.
- On one plate, add the crushed pork rinds. In large bowl, add the eggs and water and whisk until combined. On a third plate, place the coconut flour. Set aside
- Take the Pollo Asada chicken breasts and slice in to 1/2" thick pieces. You should get 3 "taco shells" from each breast. With a mallet, pound each breast to 1/2" thickness if your "shell" is too thick.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil and melt.
- Take each "Chicken taco shell" and first coat on both sides with coconut flour, then egg wash, then the pork rinds.
- Place the chicken taco shell in the hot coconut oil and cook for 4 to 6 minutes per side until golden brown, remove from the pan and place on a paper towel. Repeat.
- Take your chicken taco shell and fold. You can then add in your toppings like fresh salsa, guacamole, lettuce, cheeses and more.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 245 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 114mg Sodium: 347mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 3g Protein: 26g