Think that getting an at home massage is only for the uber wealthy, think again. Zeel Massage on Demand is an affordable luxury that everyone will love and my Zeel Review shares what I love (and hate) about this service.
One of the things that Mr. Bejelly and I love is an amazing Swiss massage. However the combination of two young children and being certified helicopter parents means that getting out to a spa is few and far in between.
We’re the couple who is lucky to have one date night a year.
Yes, I said it and that’s us.
I am planning on exploring the babysitter apps but that’s for another post.
So, I was happy as a clam when I discovered the Zeel Massage App. Now, we could get massages back to back and not have to worry about hiring a sitter.
Zeel Massage On Demand Review
Zeel is the first on demand mobile massage service and they started in 2010. They only work with licensed massage therapists that they vett (y’all this is not like finding a random massage therapist on craigslist).
We’ve used the service 7 times and trust me, I plan to book many more massages with this service.
Pros of the service
- At home on Demand and you can book a massage therapist in as little as an hour, 365 days a week.
- Competitive pricing compared going to a spa (if you are like my family this is cheaper because you don’t have to pay for childcare)
- I don’t know a single person who isn’t so relaxed they could take a nap after a massage. Now you are at home and you can do this!
- When you find a therapist you like, you can favorite them and they will be contacted first when you request a massage.
- Amazing customer service. Seriously, I had issues with getting text messages and they went above and beyond to make sure I was contacted when I signed up for a massage.
- Tip is automatically added to the cost of the service so there is no expectation to tip when your therapist shows up.
Cons of the Service
- I really wish that the therapists had a calendar page. I really wanted to book our favorite therapist (who also happens to be a reiki practitioner) and would have like to just look at her calendar and picked the day that works best for us. The only way to do this is to email customer service and ask them for her times.
How much does Zeel cost?
Pricing depends on where you are located. I’m in the Portland, Oregon area and it’s $128 for a 60 minute massage (this includes tip).
How to Save Money on Zeel
Option 1: Zeel Subscription membership
I’ve been thinking about investing in their monthly membership because it saves you $10 on each massage.
How it works
Each month you are issued a credit for a massage. If you don’t use it then it rolls over to the next month and your credits do not expire.
You also get a $249 massage table for free when you sign up!
Option 2: $20 Zeel Credit
If you are a using Zeel for the first time, you can get a $20 Zeel Credit when you sign up using my link.
Option 3: Spafinder
You can use Spafinder gift cards for Zeel! If you don’t know, Spafinder always has some sale going on.
Here’s how I save money on Zeel using Spafinder:
Step 1. Go to Zeel.com and book an appointment. Use this link to get a $20 credit towards your first massage.
Step 2. Click this link to save 25% off a Spafinder Gift Card (You must buy at least $50 in gift cards for this to work and use coupon code spacraze25. )
For example, for a back to back massage for me and DH, it’s $258 (this includes tax and tip). When you go to Spafinder enter a custom amount for gift card.
When you checkout using this link and use code spacraze25 to save 25%.
Make sure you buy an egift card!
This way can put the code into Zeel.
Now Login to Zeel.com via your Desktop. Click the menu in the top right and select Add Promo Code.
Go to the section that says add Credit to your account and input the Spafinder egift card. If you have any issues entering the code email Customer service and they will do it for you.
You will be charged for your massage after you receive it and they will automatically use your account credits for payments.
So for our first double massage, we only paid $179!!
In a nutshell, I love Zeel
We are lifetime customers and I love how easy and convenient it is. If you’ve used Zeel share how your experience was below.