Gratitude is an underrated virtue. Feeling thankful for the wonderful things in your life can do a lot to improve your mood and your view of yourself. It’s easy to forget all the blessings in our lives when things get difficult or when our inner naysayer is being particularly loud. Taking time to remember the good things can bring an entirely new and positive perspective to a negative situation. Starting your day by focusing on gratitude and positivity is a practice that can have a tremendous effect on every aspect of your day.
Start Your Day by Focusing on Gratitude and Positivity
Giving thanks can get you started on the right foot. You’ll leave the house feeling more optimistic and content than you would otherwise. That feeling can last throughout the day, and it can also serve to insulate you from any stress or obstacles you encounter in your regular routine. Let’s consider some easy ways to get started each day with a practice of gratitude and positivity.
Start a Journal
A gratitude journal is one of the easiest ways to keep your blessings at hand. Start your day by writing down three to five things you’re grateful for in your life. You can expand upon that and write details about each, if you choose. This simple act starts your day on a positive note. You can also look back at past entries any time you need a pick-me-up about just how great your life is.
Affirmations are concise, positive sentences. Usually, they’re personal statements about yourself and your life. Affirmations are meant as a reminder of your gifts and abilities. They’re an awesome tool for reminding yourself just how wonderful you are as a person. You can really boost your self-confidence with this effective practice. Create an affirmation and repeat it out loud several times. Soon, you’ll absorb the message and carry it with you as you go about your day.
Reflect on Your Blessings
Sometimes, just sitting in quiet contemplation to reflect on your blessings can be enough. This type of meditation focuses your thoughts and grounds you in mindfulness. It’s a way of centering yourself and purposefully beginning your day with gratitude and positivity. Sitting with a cup of tea in a quiet place is sufficient, or you can choose a more formal meditation position of sitting on a pillow placed upon the floor. It doesn’t matter, as long as you have privacy and can be alone with your thoughts.
Keep these techniques in mind if you’re looking for a way to begin each morning with purpose and to guide your day in gratitude. You’ll notice a shift in your attitude and in the ways in which you manage obstacles you encounter. Problems won’t seem as significant when you create a morning ritual such as this.
20 Gratitude Affirmations
- I’m grateful to always have the ability to choose
- I’m grateful for another day to grow on my journey
- I’m grateful for sunshine.
- I’m grateful for all the people in my life.
- I’m grateful for healthy food in my belly.
- I’m grateful for my body.
- I’m grateful for music.
- I’m grateful for laughter.
- I’m grateful for good health
- I’m grateful for my house
- I’m grateful for my successful career
- I’m grateful for warm baths
- I’m grateful for beauty in the world
- I’m grateful for the earth which provides so much for my body
- I’m grateful for my dog/cat.
- I’m grateful for books
- I’m grateful for my husband
- I’m grateful for my children
- I’m grateful for all the convenience in my life and most things are only a touch of my fingertips away
- I’m am grateful for the Divine.