This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on October 18, 2020
Are you keen to sweat it out in the sauna? There are so many health benefits to taking a regular sauna session that we all should be doing it every day. However, getting to the gym or the sports club for a sauna isn’t always possible.
Fortunately, home saunas can bring the experience into your daily lifestyle without breaking your bank account. In this post, we’ll review the 5 best infrared sauna models.
Quick Lineup: Full Infrared Sauna Reviews Below
What to Look for in the Best Infrared Sauna?
There are plenty of options for choosing a home sauna. Follow these tips to help you settle on the right choice for your home and your lifestyle.
Size and Space
The size of the sauna and the space you have in your home are top considerations. There are different types of saunas, and each of them has unique characteristics. When selecting your ideal sauna, choose the model that suits your room.
Some infrared saunas feature a design where you leave your head outside of the sauna chamber, while others allow you to immerse yourself totally in the sauna experience.
Bigger is not always better when it comes to choosing your sauna. Larger models cost more to run and take longer to heat. If you only need a sauna for yourself, consider getting a single-person model.
What kind of infrared technology does my sauna use? There are three types of infrared light – near, Mid, and Far.
Most models emit Far infrared light (FIR). The body absorbs these lightwaves, creating the sweating effect you get in a traditional steam sauna.
FIR panels and bulbs are the most cost-effective infrared technology for manufacturers, and it’s the go-to infrared tech for home saunas.
Check the sauna to see the positioning of the FIR panels. Do the panels target key areas like your neck and knees? Most FIR heaters come with large heating panels on the sides and rear of the sauna.
Some models don’t include a front heat panel, as it might cause discomfort on your face. You can find some saunas with smaller front panels to round-out the heating effect.
Infrared saunas use heat panels that convert electrical current into infrared light. As a result, the tech emits a non-native electromagnetic field, producing no stress on the body. Look for saunas that have zero EMF levels.
If you’re going with a traditional sauna, look for models using traditional hardwoods. Avoid materials like plywood, as they distort under heat.
Some personal home saunas include a design with materials like mylar and other fabrics to provide a collapsible frame that’s easy to store.
Avoid cheaper home saunas. These models often include construction with glues that release volatile organic chemicals (VOCs). These gasses are toxic and can damage your health.
Customer Support, Returns, and Warranty
Look for manufacturers offers warranties on its products. Buying the cheapest model might not be the best solution.
Look for saunas offering a balance between price and quality. Check if the seller provides a returns policy and a warranty on your new sauna.
What are the Health Benefits of an Infrared Sauna?
There are plenty of health benefits to using your sauna.
- Enhanced sleep quality
- Improved immune function
- Reduce anxiety and fatigue
- Detox your body
- Get relief from sore muscles post-workout
- Heal joints and ligament injuries
- Enhance your circulation
- Give your skin that glowing look
People rely on saunas to help them manage a variety of health-related issues. If you’re wondering about the science on infrared saunas, consider these studies.
Clinical research on ten subjects shows infrared sauna treatments reduce the effects of chronic fatigue syndrome.
According to a study of ten individuals, infrared saunas help enhance recovery and reduce muscle soreness from exercise-related stress.
A report shows infrared light therapy can reduce the effects of hypertension caused by high blood pressure.
The 5 Best Infrared Sauna FAQ
How Do I Use an Infrared Sauna?
So, how do you use your infrared sauna to get all the health benefits associated with the treatment? Follow these tips to get the most out of your home infrared sauna.
Q: Why Do I Need to Stay Hydrated in the Infrared Sauna?
A: The sauna increases the air temperature around your body, causing you to sweat. As you lose body fluids, you start to dehydrate.
Dehydration eliminates any positive effect the sauna has on your body. Make sure you drink enough water during the day and keep water on hand when using the sauna.
Q: What’s the Best Temperature for My Infrared Sauna?
A: Average temperatures for infrared saunas range between from 100˚F to 150˚F. If you’re a beginner, start on the lower end of the scale, and increase the temperature as you adjust to the sauna effect.
Q: How Much Time Do I Spend in the Infrared Sauna?
A: Beginners should send ten to 15-minutes in the sauna. As you progress, you can extend your time.
Q: What Do I Do After My Session in the Infrared sauna?
A: After finishing your sauna session, take a few minutes to allow your body to cool down before getting dressed. Remember to keep drinking water to stay hydrated.
Q: How Many Times Per Week Should I Use My Infrared Sauna?
A: Most experts recommend using the sauna at least three to four days a week. However, as you adjust to the infrared sauna experience, you can use it every day without adverse health results.
Q: When Should I Avoid Using My Infrared Sauna?
A: Follow these tips to know when to avoid using the infrared sauna.
- Never use the sauna if you’re under the influence of alcohol
- Never use the sauna if you’re feeling sick
- Avoid standing up quickly after finishing your sauna; it may cause you to develop a dizzy spell or pass out
- Remember to hydrate! Failing to drink enough water could result in heat stroke or passing out
The 5 Best Infrared Sauna Reviews
- #1 PERSONAL SAUNA: Can’t get to the spa but want to experience the benefits of sauna therapy? No problem This indoor sauna kit comes with everything you need to get your sauna on in the comfort of your own home
- PORTABLE SAUNA UNIT: Have a mobile beauty spa or want to move your sauna dome from one room to another? Our infrared sauna is conveniently portable You can pick it up or pack it up when need
- ENJOY AND RELAX: Use this sauna to relax after a day of work, while reading books, listening to music, play on your mobile phone, watch movies and so on
- INCLUDES SAUNA CHAIR: While other saunas require you to build your own sauna room using your own stool or chair, our portable sauna comes with a comfortable (and foldable) sauna chair
- SAVE MONEY ON BEAUTY SALON : the mini sauna room can service for a long time and save your money to pay to beauty salon shop
If you’re looking for a compact and convenient home sauna, try the SereneLife personal in-home spa. This model is a great choice for people that live in apartments and don’t have the floor space for a full sauna in their home.
You get a compact, folding design with an integrated carry handle for easy transport. Set this model up in minutes, and start the sauna. You get 1,500-Watt heat panels, producing no EMF levels for safe use. This set comes with a sauna chair included and a head hole with hand zippers on the sauna’s front.
You get a wired controller with a 60-minute timer and adjustable temperature settings. This model comes in a choice of three color designs.
- Portable design with integrated carry handle
- Compact storage and transport
- Comes with sauna chair and hand zippers
- Wired controller
- A great choice for at-home use
- Available in three color designs
- Not an immersive sauna experience
- PERSONAL SAUNA: Can’t get to the spa but want to experience the benefits of sauna therapy? No problem This indoor sauna kit comes with everything you need to get your sauna on in the comfort of your own home.
- PORTABLE SAUNA UNIT: Have a mobile beauty spa or want to move your sauna dome from one room to another? Our infrared sauna is conveniently portable. You can pick it up or pack it up when need.
- ENJOY AND RELAX: Use this sauna to relax after a day of work, while reading books, listening to music, play on your mobile phone, watch movies and so on.
- INCLUDES SAUNA CHAIR: While other saunas require you to build your own sauna room using your own stool or chair, our portable sauna comes with a comfortable (and foldable) sauna chair.
- SAVE MONEY ON BEAUTY SALON : The full size sauna room can service for a long time and save your money to pay to beauty salon shop.
If you want an immersive but collapsible infrared sauna experience at home, try this SereneLife model. You get a full-sized sauna and spa chamber for relaxing, measuring 35.4″ X 35.4″ X 70.9″ (LxWxH). You can stand inside this model and move around.
The interior of the sauna features a mylar liner to insulate the sauna, maintaining a stable temperature. You get a wired controller with a timer and adjustable heat settings, and there’s a sauna chair, and heated footpad included with your purchase.
This model comes with a collapsible frame, allowing you to take it apart and store it away after use. It’s the ideal personal sauna for detoxing, stress relief, and eliminating fatigue. You get a high-powered heating element producing 1,500-watts of IR energy through the carbon heating element.
- Large stand-up design
- Mylar reflective material to enhance heat
- Collapsible, portable design
- Includes sauna chair and heated foot pad
- Wired controller with timer and heat settings
- Challenging assembly
- Delivery: This item will be delivered curbside only on a pallet by a freight carrier.
- Wood: Natural reforested Canadian Hemlock wood construction
- Capacity: 1-2 person - Overall Dimensions: 39 W x 36 D x 73 H inches
- Temperature: operates up to 140F (Ideal between 118 to 135F)
- Heater: 6 infrared carbon low EMF energy efficient heating panels (EMF between 6-10MG - 6 to 8 inches from the heating panels.)
This stylish hardwood IR sauna is a great choice for homeowners with dedicated installation space. You’ll need an electrician to help you install this unit, but it’s worth the hassle.
You get a beautiful cabinet design with space for two people. There are six large carbon heating panels on the sides and rear of the sauna, and this model heats up fast, operating between 100F and 140F.
You get a glass front door and a handle integrated into the front door design. This model features dimensions of 39″ W x 36″ D x 73″ H.
The clean design and spacious heating cabinet make this an ideal choice for mid-sized families and couples. However, remember to take a towel into the sauna with you – this model gets a hot seat quickly.
- Seats two occupants
- Construction with Canadian Hemlock wood
- Carbon IR heating panels
- Low EMF levels
- Stylish design
- Not portable
- Requires professional wiring
- Seat gets hot
- Two separately controlled heat sources (each ranging from 110 to 150 deg F) surrounding the body with soothing, deep-penetrating, and healing FIR heat from all directions
- Full body heating with 5 heating pads in thermal dome (timer adjustable up to 60 minutes) and 2 heating pads inside therapy mat (working timer 5 minutes to 2 hours)
- Far Infrared is more than 80% efficient and does not emit harmful Electro-magnetic Frequencies (EMFs) like traditional electrical heat
- Simple to set up and low maintenance, 2 dome sections slide together to half the size for space-saving storage
- Lifetime Warraty! Fast Delivery & Free Shipping!
Lie down and relax as your body detoxifies itself in this lay-flat IR sauna. With this model, you get heat from all directions. This sauna includes a heating mat and a heated dome for optimal efficiency when operating your sauna.
You get five full heating pads inside the dome, with an adjustable thermostat and a 60-minute timer. This sauna emits no harmful EMF levels, and you get a comfortable, relaxing experience as you lay down and enjoy the heat.
This model offers a simple setup, with a lifetime warranty on manufacturing defects. This IR home sauna comes with operating temperatures between 110F to 150F, allowing you to flush toxins and relax while laying down.
Take a nap, let the time work, or use the hand zippers to read a book or watch your iPad. This model’s dome design allows for the fast, efficient heating of the air inside your sauna. The curved design lets the heated air circulate freely, avoiding hot spots in your sauna.
- Innovative design with lay-flat position
- Fast heating times
- Five thermal heating pads
- Remote timer and heat control
- No EMF emissions
- Lifetime warranty
- No standing option
- This item will be delivered curbside. To have the item delivered to a location of choice on your property, kindly make additional arrangements with a third party provider ahead of delivery
- 7 Low EMF FAR Infrared Carbon Heating Panels
- Full 2 person capacity
- Natural Reforested Canadian Hemlock wood construction
- FM-CD Radio with MP3 Aux Connection
If you’re looking for the ultimate home sauna, we recommend this Dynamic Saunas model. With the
Bilbao 2-Person Corner Infrared Sauna, you get an attractive corner design with a spacious cabin.
This sauna can accommodate up to three people, with the corner design adding more space to the cabin, providing more room for heating panels. You get seven carbon heating pads included with the Bilbao sauna, delivering fast, controlled heating of the sauna with low EMF levels.
This sauna features design and construction with genuine Canadian Hemlock hardwood. The finish on this model is stunning, with large glass panes on the front door. The control panel mounts to the exterior of the sauna, offering full temperature control and timer settings.
We like the integrated entertainment center included with this model. You get an FM-CD Radio, as well as an MP3 Aux Connection for your phone or device. The cabin features built-in speakers, allowing you to pass the time listening to your favorite artists or enjoy an e-book while you sweat.
This model requires professional installation by an authorized electrician. Ensure you get an installation certificate before they leave. The large size of this IR sauna makes it our top choice for large single-family homes.
- Seats two to three people
- A great choice for family homes and entertainers
- Low EMF emissions for safe use
- Carbon heating panels for fast heating times
- Stylish construction with Canadian Hemlock hardwood
- Entertainment center included
- Corner design won’t fit flat spaces
The Best Infrared Sauna Reviews – The Verdict
After reading through the reviews, you should have your eye on your preferred model. However, if you want our opinion, we recommend going with the Dynamic Saunas Bilbao 2-Person Corner Infrared Sauna.
This model has everything you need in a sauna. You get space for two or three people and a full entertainment system integrated into the design. We like the Canadian Hemlock finish and the fast heating times from the carbon IR panels.