This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 6, 2020
Cookies for breakfast? You betcha! Especially when they are as healthy as these paleo breakfast cookies are! With pecans, coconut, coconut flour, and lots of cinnamon, these are like cinnamon buns in cookie form! Cinnamon rolls were always a holiday tradition pre-paleo and this is a much healthier way to enjoy those flavors.
The pecans add a slight nutty flavor and the cinnamon brings it all together. I especially love the creamy frosting. But the best part? These are grain-free, high-fiber, and sweetened only with raisins! You could probably also use dates or even figs, but my family has raisins on hand more often, so that’s what I use.
If you like, you can add a scoop of your favorite protein powder to these. You can also substitute a different kind of nut for the pecans if you prefer. Sprinkle these paleo breakfast cookies with a bit of shredded coconut if you like!
Make these in advance on Sunday to have as a snack throughout the week. You can also bring them with lunch in a lunchbox to work or school. The coconut flour keeps them from melting too much; so while they should be stored in the fridge, these paleo breakfast cookies are portable.
Tip: You can get these to set up much more quickly if you toss them in the freezer for about 20 minutes after making the cookies; they’ll be ready to eat in no time!
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 cups unsweetened large flake coconut flakes
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon power
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons B grade maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- Place the raisins in a microwave-safe bowl and cover with water. Microwave until the raisins are plump, 1-2 minutes.
- Drain and place in a food processor.
- Heat up a skillet and add the pecans and coconut and cook until lightly toasted. Add to the food processor. Add the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Process until a pasty dough forms.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and mix in the coconut flour.
- Form into balls and press down to form cookies.
- Chill until set.
- In a small bowl, mix together all frosting ingredients. Frost cookies.