This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on April 28, 2020
Mac and Cheese is one of the things I miss on the Paleo diet. There is nothing more comforting and reminds me more of home than this dish so I knew I had to come up with a recipe.
Now, Mr. Bejelly is picky and a texture person. He will not eat anything that is soft so I could not use cauliflower. I decided to try out Jicama in this grain free mac and cheese and it really gives this dish a sweet crispy texture that can’t be beat and works well with all the dairy in this recipe.
This reheats wonderfully and the smell is just heavenly when it’s baking away in your oven (Seriously it will make your house smell like a big hug). Even with Spring approaching the smell just took me back to Fall. I hope you like it!
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb Jicama, cut into 1/4 x 1/4 x 1 pieces
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 3 cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- In a medium bowl add the creme fraiche,heavy cream, sea salt, black pepper and yellow mustard.
- Mix until combined.
- Next add in the onion and jicama and coat well.
- Lastly add in the shredded cheese and combine until well blended.
- Scoop the mixture into a small greased baking pan and bake in your oven at 350 degrees for 45 - 50 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 627Saturated Fat: 32gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 934mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 25g
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.