This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Every now and then I like to have a paleo dessert and these are my go to for a rich, chocolaty cake-like coconut flour brownies.
This recipe came about when I wanted to make something extra special for Mr. Bejelly for Valentine’s. We’re a strange pair and rarely give each other gifts on holidays but pepper them throughout the year. Coconut Flour is a tricky beast so after fussing about in the kitchen and creating many disasters, that did get eaten by the way, I hit the head on the nail in this paleo dessert recipe.
There is something about pairing coffee (or my favorite dirty chai) with chocolate that just brings out its deep rich undertones. It’s an important ingredient so don’t skip it. You can get creative if you like and switch out the applesauce with something fun like pureed apricots or cherries if you wanted to spice things up.
- 2 Tablespoon Brewed Coffee
- 3 Tablespoons Cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- First in a large bowl whisk together the coffee and cacao until you get a paste.
- Next add in the vanilla, melted butter, honey, applesauce and eggs and beat.
- Slowly start mixing in the coconut flour, baking soda and baking powder
- Then add in the chocolate chips and pour the batter into a greased 8″x 8″ pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 309Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
© 2011-2012, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.