This German Chocolate Frosting is made with all natural ingredients like coconut milk, pecans and maple syrup. The frosting is good that you’ll eat it by the spoonful!
Happy Birthday Week to Me! I always get the most shocked expression when I tell people I’m making my birthday cake.
Seriously who do they think is going to make it? Not Mr. Bejelly and most of my friends think coconut flour is some weird Asian creation.
This year I want dark chocolate. I want coconut. I want to cheat and eat a few pecans. I want frosting.
For the cake, I used my paleo chocolate cake recipe . This is hands down my favorite chocolate cake recipe EVER.
Why this is the Best German Chocolate Cake Frosting
- The frosting is AMAZING! Yeah, I’m putting out there. It is so simple and tasty that honestly I’m not sure it needs a cake. It’s like eating coconut candy.
- It’s made with less than 10 all natural ingredients found in most clean pantries.
- It’s egg-free and Vegan!
Watch the video tutorial
What you’ll need for this Recipe:
- Coconut Milk, canned
- maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract
- Sea Salt
- shredded unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- roasted pecans
How to Make This German Chocolate Cake Frosting
Other Paleo Dessert Recipes, You might Enjoy
Did you make and love this recipe? Give your review below and make sure you share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
- Put the coconut milk and the maple syrup in a small pot on medium high and simmer until it's reduced by half. This can vary quite a bit. It took me 20 minutes but some readers have shared it takes 1 hour to 2 hours.
- Remove from heat and mix in the vanilla, sea salt, and coconut flakes. Stir and let sit for 5 minutes. The coconut flakes will absorb some of the water and thicken it.
- Lastly add in the chopped pecans
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 144mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 7g Protein: 2g