This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on November 29, 2020
Coconut lovers will not be able to resist the flaky coconut and dark chocolate in these Chocolate coconut cookies. They are easy and delicious.
So, I’m really really trying not to eat a ton of desserts. However, I felt it was a shame not to make a couple of special recipes to celebrate the Holiday season.
My husband loved this recipe. He told me this was hands down his absolute favorite cookie recipe that I had ever made. Seriously, this man can eat his weight in chocolate chip cookies so I don’t think when I made these cookies he would react the way he did. It takes a special cookie to get that reaction however he’s always been a big fan of chocolate and coconut.
Honestly, I was shocked since well I just dream about my chocolate cake recipe every single day.
However, it did make me feel special to see that I still have it. This recipe is egg-free and dairy-free! That’s right, you don’t need ingredients like granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, and baking powder for this recipe.
Chocolate Coconut Cookie (Vegan)
- 13.5 oz Coconut milk full fat
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup arrowroot
- 10 oz large flaked coconut
- 2 oz flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk full fat
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Place the coconut milk and maple syrup in a pot and place over the medium high heat and whisk until well combined.
- Cook this until the liquid is reduced by half. Note: This was boiling the entire time I had this on the stove and it took 15 minutes.
- Remove from the stove and add in the root and stir. It will firm up.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add the coconut and almonds and pour in the coconut milk mixture. With your hands, mix the dough. This is kinda a workout. Continue to mix until it forms a large dough ball. Take the dough and grab a small piece and rough into a 2" wide ball. Place on the parchment paper and press with a cup or your hand until flat (about 1" thick)
- Repeat until all the dough is gone. Place in the oven and bake until the coconut is golden brown, roughly 15 to 18 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a medium pot over low heat add the dark chocolate chips and coconut milk and mix with a spoon until smooth.
- Take each cookie and spread some frosting over the top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g