One of my favorite things to make is freezer jam. One, it’s so simple and two, it’s SO SIMPLE. You can even use frozen berries to make a new batch of jam when you run out.
What you’ll need:
1 lb of frozen blackberries | 1 tbsp of gelatin | 1/4 tsp of sea salt | 1/4 cup of honey | 1/2 tsp of vanilla
Throw the blackberries, sea salt, vanilla and honey in a medium pan and bring to a boil
Let the mixture cook at a low boil for roughly 45 minutes or until the mixture is reduced by half.
Leave your pan on the stove and then mix in the gelatin. Mix for 1 minute and then pour into your mason jar.
Let cool and either seal the jar up with a lid and store in your freezer or in your fridge . Once opened it is good for one week.
The biscuit is my Paleo sweet potato biscuit recipe. I did make two changes. I used cashews instead of walnuts and I used white sweet potatoes versus garnet.
How to Make Blackberry Freezer Jam using GelatinPrint
- Combine the blackberries, sea salt, vanilla and honey in a medium pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium boil and let cook for roughly 45 minutes, until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Turn off the heat but leave the pan on the stove.
- Add the gelatin and mix for one minute.
- Pour the jam into your canning jar and cap with a lid. This makes about 1 1/4 cups of jam.
- let cool and then store in your freezer.
- Once opened the jam lasts for one week.