This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on November 28, 2020
One of my favorite things to make is freezer jam. One, it’s so simple and two, it’s SO SIMPLE. You can even use frozen berries to make a new batch of jam when you run out.
What you’ll need:
1 lb of frozen blackberries | 1 tbsp of gelatin | 1/4 tsp of sea salt | 1/4 cup of honey | 1/2 tsp of vanilla
Throw the blackberries, sea salt, vanilla and honey in a medium pan and bring to a boil
Let the mixture cook at a low boil for roughly 45 minutes or until the mixture is reduced by half.
Leave your pan on the stove and then mix in the gelatin. Mix for 1 minute and then pour into your mason jar.
Let cool and either seal the jar up with a lid and store in your freezer or in your fridge . Once opened it is good for one week.
The biscuit is my Paleo sweet potato biscuit recipe. I did make two changes. I used cashews instead of walnuts and I used white sweet potatoes versus garnet.
- 16 oz frozen blackberries
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 tbs . gelatin
- Combine the blackberries, sea salt, vanilla and honey in a medium pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium boil and let cook for roughly 45 minutes, until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Turn off the heat but leave the pan on the stove.
- Add the gelatin and mix for one minute.
- Pour the jam into your canning jar and cap with a lid. This makes about 1 1/4 cups of jam.
- let cool and then store in your freezer.
- Once opened the jam lasts for one week.