Butter Pecan Ice Cream recipe

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

I am knee-deep in creating my cookbook and honestly, I’m starting to feel a tad bit overwhelmed with maintaining my current posting schedule.  I’m working on getting some guest posts to introduce you to some amazing Paleo bloggers and I’m cutting down my posts to twice a week.  Sometimes you’ll get two new recipes or a recipe and how to/round up.  I figure this is better than exploding.

Ok, I know this looks like soft serve but it does firm up like an ice cream once you place it in your freezer.  I have no patience, and neither does the Little,  for waiting to dig into a big bowl of ice cream right out of the ice cream maker.   This was my  favorite ice cream as a kid  and I’m surprised it took so long for me to make a primal Butter pecan ice cream recipe.

We ate most of this the first day and I had a strong urge to make a second batch but thanks to my cooking schedule my waistline was saved another day.

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

Butter Pecan Ice Cream

Butter Pecan Ice Cream Recipe

1. Combine the ghee, coconut milk, honey, vanilla, sea salt and cinnamon in your blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Pour into ice cream maker and run for 20 minutes.
  3. Scoop out the ice cream and mix in the pecans.
  4. Destroy!

ยฉ 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

1. Britt @ One&20 January 20, 2014 at 11:03 am

Oh, this looks sooooo good. Butter pecan was a flavor I hated as a kid, but that was because I had no sense. It is so delicious now.
    I am gifting myself an ice cream maker when I get to my goal weight (and hopefully won’t gain it all back a week after), and a low carb version of this recipe will definitely be one of the first I try!

1. Kelly Bejelly January 20, 2014 at 7:49 pm

It’s really good:) I broke down and made a second batch today and it’s gone. Good luck reaching your goal!

2. Christine |Taste of Divine January 21, 2014 at 8:03 pm

Butter pecan has always been my favorite flavor! Now I soooo wish I had an ice cream maker, I would try this recipe for sure. One of these days…

3. joannabanana21 January 23, 2014 at 3:40 pm

haha destroy is definitely an accurate word for what i’d do to this ice cream!!

4. Emily February 6, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Thanks for the recipe! I made this tonight using maple syrup instead of the honey. It was done mixing after only 10 minutes – possibly my coconut milk is thicker than normal (Golden Star brand)? It was definitely delicious! My sons (6.5 and 3.5) and husband and I all loved it! I used soaked and dehydrated pecans and I think it would be even better if I sweetened those (I’m thinking maple syrup and the dehydrator) next time. Thanks again!

5. Karen Dawson February 7, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Can this be made another way if I don’t have an ice cream maker? Thanks for your help!

1. Kelly Bejelly February 7, 2014 at 12:42 pm

You can try freezing it in ice cubes and then put it in your food processor.

6. Jamie February 17, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Kelly, this looks great! Keep up the great work, try not to stress, you’re undertaking a huge task with your cookbook. Hope you are finding joy along the journey. Take care!!

7. Bree February 18, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Just made this today as a treat for after dinner tonight and omg it’s so good! I love how easy it is to make and that there’s no chilling anything for 6 hours beforehand. This will definitely become a go to treat in our house ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. Kelly Bejelly February 18, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Yeah! This seriously is one of my favorite recipes ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m so glad you enjoyed it.

8. Alison February 18, 2014 at 4:13 pm

Kelly- I always wonder why coconut ice creams do not contain egg yolks. Have you tried making this recipe with egg yolks? Do you know why you would or would not use egg yolks (unless allergic) in a coconut milk based ice cream? This sounds divine, can’t wait to try it!

1. Kelly Bejelly February 18, 2014 at 7:14 pm

Honestly Alison I have no idea. I always think of having to cook it when I add egg, silly me. I’ll try it next time!

9. Helen June 10, 2014 at 11:40 am

Wow! This looks amazing!! And my favorite flavor!!! I have one question though, what could I sub for the ghee? I can’t have it ๐Ÿ™ I am loving your website I just found you! Everything looks wonderful!

10. Helen March 25, 2015 at 3:29 pm

I have a 4qt ice cream maker and this is my first time using it. After 20mins mine is still liquid. I am hoping another 20mins will do.

1. Kelly Bejelly March 27, 2015 at 5:50 pm

Hrmm. .. did you use low fat coconut milk? I hope it worked out hun.

11. Marcella July 26, 2016 at 10:41 pm

This recipe just might make me gift myself an ice cream maker. Does it have a strong coconut flavor?

12. Carolynn May 20, 2017 at 8:16 am

What are the carb counts on the ice creams.