This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 6, 2020
I am knee-deep in creating my cookbook and honestly, I’m starting to feel a tad bit overwhelmed with maintaining my current posting schedule. I’m working on getting some guest posts to introduce you to some amazing Paleo bloggers and I’m cutting down my posts to twice a week. Sometimes you’ll get two new recipes or a recipe and how to/round up. I figure this is better than exploding.
Ok, I know this looks like soft serve but it does firm up like an ice cream once you place it in your freezer. I have no patience, and neither does the Little, for waiting to dig into a big bowl of ice cream right out of the ice cream maker. This was my favorite ice cream as a kid and I’m surprised it took so long for me to make a primal Butter pecan ice cream recipe.
We ate most of this the first day and I had a strong urge to make a second batch but thanks to my cooking schedule my waistline was saved another day.
- 1/3 cup ghee
- 1 13.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Combine the ghee, coconut milk, honey, vanilla, sea salt and cinnamon in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into ice cream maker and run for 20 minutes.
- Scoop out the ice cream and mix in the pecans.
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.