This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 8, 2023
Last week was Mr. Bejelly’s birthday and I made him my Paleo Chocolate Chip cookies. It was the first time I’d had a sweet in months and amazingly enough, it didn’t cause any mental anguish later in the day. I can honestly say that the adrenal support supplement my ND recommended has been helping.
I’m going to enjoy a sweet treat every blue moon and for birthdays, but I know that I cannot have them every couple of days like before. I am going to start sharing sweets again and here is the first one up to bat. I love the sweetness of this Paleo Lemon Pound Cake. It’s crazy rich so you only need a small slice and, like me, you can dress it up with some coconut cream and berries. Mr. Bejelly wanted a little more sweetness so I simply warmed up some honey with cinnamon and drizzled it on his slice (he love my paleo cinnamon rolls more).
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon psyillum husk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a mixing bowl add the eggs, vanilla, lemon, honey and butter. Blend together until well mixed.
- Next add in the salt, baking soda and psyillum husk powder. Mix well.
- Then add in the coconut flour and blend.
- Pour the batter in an oiled loaf pan and bake at 350 for 25 - 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.