This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on November 2, 2020
This easy Ginger Chicken recipe that is filled with Spicy ginger, garlic, and onions will have your family asking for seconds!
Why The Recipe Works
Ginger is one of those spices that can add a great punch of flavor to your food without adding a bunch of calories to your meal. Whenever we can add a unique flavor to our foods, it helps us to widen the variety of what we are able to eat.
My mom used to make Ginger Chicken for us once a week and after recreating the dish, I remember why I love it so much. It’s an easy paleo chicken recipe using only 10 ingredients but it packs a punch of awesomeness.
The recipe creates a tasty gingery sauce that you will want to hoard share and spoon upon the chicken legs.
What you’ll need for this Ginger Chicken Recipe:
- Chicken legs
- Yellow Onion
- Fresh Ginger
- Sea Salt & Pepper
- Red Onion
- Green Onion
- Coconut Oil
How to Make This Ginger Chicken Recipe:
First combine the coconut oil, chopped yellow onion and ginger in a skillet over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes.
Add your chicken legs to the skillet and add your seasonings. Cover with a lid. Turn the heat to low and allow to cook, covered for 35-40 minutes. Throw in the red onion for the last 3 minutes. Top with chopped green onions.
Notes and Variations:
- For more color on the chicken remove them from the skillet and broil for 3 – 5 minutes and return to the pan.
- If you follow the Paleo diet, this recipe is in compliant to your diet.
- It’s also great on the WW diet with 0 Smart points
If you like this Ginger Chicken recipe, you’ll love:
This Ginger Chicken brings back memories for me. The fact that it is also healthy eating? That’s just a bonus. I hope you enjoy it and create great memories of your own while eating it.
Did you make and love this recipe? Give your review below and make sure you share your creations by tagging me on Instagram!
Savory, sweet ginger and garlic infused chicken legs make an excellent dinner
- Combine the coconut oil, chopped yellow onion and ginger in a skillet over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place your chicken legs in the skillet and add your seasonings. Cover with a lid.
- Turn the heat to low and allow to cook covered for 35 - 40 minutes.
- The chicken legs will release water creating a gingery sauce. Throw in the red onion for the last 3 minutes.
- For more color on the chicken remove them from the skillet and broil for 3 - 5 minutes and return to the pan.
- Top with chopped green onion and enjoy!
10 SmartPoint Weight Watchers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 407Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 240mgSodium: 575mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 46g