This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on October 16, 2019
Made with a mix of gluten-free flours, these Paleo Orange Scones are perfect with your afternoon tea or topped with jam!
Last week I got a cold and, as usual, my taste buds went into hibernation.
It wasn’t until Sunday that I finally felt confidant that anything I created in my kitchen wouldn’t be some strange disaster of salt and too many eggs.
I went into my kitchen and stared at my pantry for a good 30 minutes before I decided to try to adapt one of my all time favorite scone recipes. This is the recipe that won the the heart of my Mother-in-law.
Actually, I’ve learned that the saying “The stomach is the way to a man’s heart” pretty much applies to anyone.
If you cook them a good meal, they can’t help but think kind thoughts about you.
This is so simple but tasty and seriously pretty darn close to the original. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups Superfine Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
Orange Honey Butter
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- In your food processor, add the liquid ingredients and pulse for 30 seconds to combine.
- Shift in the dry ingredients and pulse until you have dough.
- Take the dough and roll out into a cirlce that is 1/2 thick.
- Cut the dough into triangle pieces and place on baking sheet lined with a silpat.
- Turn on your oven and set it to 350. Set the baking sheet inside and bake for 20 - 23 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- To make the sauce, in a sauce pan over medium heat add the honey, butter and orange juice and cook for 3 - minutes.
- Brush the tops of the scone withe butter and enjoy!
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.