This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on August 7, 2020
Summer in the air! I spent Mother’s day outside drawing all over the sidewalk with chalk with my son and just relishing that I didn’t have to be in the kitchen. When we came inside and I pulled these from the freezer and my son and I literally sat down and ate the entire batch in an hour. After my first bite of these Strawberry ice cream bon bons, all I could think of was that I was eating frozen Starburst candies.
The Little loved them. Seriously it’s amazing how fast a 2 1/2 year-old can shovel down a dish when he’s so inclined. Even now when he’s Cartwheeling past the screen he keeps pointing at the computer and asking to eat this.
This is so simple and I am going to have to admit that I’ve become a huge fan of the freeze dried fruits so expect to see more recipes with using them. I hope you enjoy it!
- 1.2 oz bag freeze dried strawberries
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted.
- 2 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- In your food processor add the freeze dried strawberries and pulse until completely crushed.
- Then add in the melted coconut oil and banana chunks and pulse until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a silicone ice cube tray and freeze for 4 hours.
- Remove and try not to eat them all in one sitting.
© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.