This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on December 6, 2020
Every single time I go to the store, I break down and eat a Lara bar. Now, this would be ok, if I could eat nuts but my silly self cannot eat nuts (well ones that are not soaked and dehydrated) so I break out with a rash on my hands horribly and Mr. Bejelly gives me THE LOOK. I hate getting the look and seriously, I don’ t know why I keep punishing myself so I had a tough conversation with myself and said “Girl, stop eating nuts and just make some Nut-free Chocolate Date Bars.”
I wish I would have done this sooner because this recipe is crazy easy, requires no baking and is the perfect sweetness. I ate way too many and was happy we had company over who demolished the rest.
- 1 cup of raw, unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 tablespoons of Cocoa powder
- 3/4 lb of Delget dates
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Place the pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, shredded coconut, cocoa powder and sea salt in food processor.
- Process for 1 minute.
- Add in the vanilla and 1/4 of the dates. Process for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 more dates and process for 1 minute.
- Repeat until the dates are gone.
- Press the crumble into a pan lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.