This is a partnered conversation
Sardines are hot right now in the Paleo community and for a good reason. They are a nutritional powerhouse and an excellent source of vitamin B12, selenium, omega-3 fats and vitamin D, to name a just a few nutrients.
Also, let’s not forget, they contain low levels of mercury. They make the perfect travel food and conversation starter. Trust me, if you’re eating sardines out of the can at the airport people are going to pay attention.
Season® Brand sent me some of their Sustainable Harvested Sardines in Olive oil (Roughly 1,300mg Omega-3 Fatty Acids per container ) and Sardines in Tomato Sauce (Roughly 1,100mg Omega-3 Fatty Acids per serving ).
First, I love that this company is the only American sardine brand that has been certified by Friends of the Sea.
All of their sardines are wild caught and they are committed to using methods that don’t impact the seabed.
I’ve been itching to create a recipe for Paleo sardine pâté after trying a friend’s recipe last year.
I wanted to add a subtle sweetness to the recipe so I decided to add caramelized onions to the mix.
In true Kelly fashion, after the onions are caramelized, you simply dump everything into your food processor, pulse until smooth and you’re done.
This was even better the next day!
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 in can Season Brand Sardines olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of the avocado oil and the sliced onions,
- Stir and cover the onions with the oil and cook until browned.
- Remove from the stove and set aside.
- In a food processor, add your garlic cloves and process until minced.
- Add in the Seasons sardines with the olive oil, caramelized onions, dried rosemary, lemon juice and spices and pulse into smooth.
- Place into a sealable glass storage jar and eat with abandon!
This post is sponsored by Season ® Brand. I only share with you my honest opinions and brands that I love.