November 8, 2013   By Kelly Bejelly

Paid Endorsement Disclosure: A Girl Worth Saving is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to AMAZON.COM. This post may contain affiliate links and/or ads from Amazon or other affiliate partners. We only recommend products or services that we have personally tried and love. When you make a purchase through any of these links, we earn a small commission on each sale, which allows us to cover a portion of the cost of this site. This has no effect on your sale price and is simply a cost of doing business for the company you are purchasing from.

paleo pumpkin granola

Ok, I’m going to be honest.  When I started to create this recipe following the principles of the 21 Day Sugar Detox, I thought it was going to suck.  I know.  Also, I’m not huge into pumpkin.  However, I realize now that I love pumpkin when it’s fresh roasted.  Lord, what a difference in flavor.  The flavor difference is similar to eating a tomato fresh from the garden and one you can buy from the grocery store in the middle of winter.  Even my husband ate a couple of handfuls, which shocked me to the core, since he hates pumpkin.

paleo pumpkin granola

Anyhow, this Pumpkin Granola recipe is super simple and is nut-free and vegan to boot.   If you’d like to kick up the sweetness I recommend adding 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup.

paleo pumpkin granola

Pumpkin Granola

1. Place the pumpkin puree, vanilla, salt, melted coconut oil and pumpkin spice in a bowl and mix.
  2. Then add in the sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and coconut shreds and blend until well coated.
  3. Pour this onto a baking sheet and spread evenly.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 -15 minutes.
  5. Let sit out for 30 minutes and enjoy!

paleo pumpkin granola

© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

• November 8, 2013 at 11:06 am

Oh, Y-U-M. I’m definitely going to make this later on this afternoon so that I can have it for breakfast tomorrow with fresh almond milk. Thank you for posting another great 21DSD recipe!

• November 8, 2013 at 3:07 pm

I love to snack so this would be great to munch on,

• November 9, 2013 at 6:28 am

This granola looks pretty fabulous to me!! I’m so glad you came around to pumpkin! Home-roasted tastes SO different from a storebought can!

• November 9, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Holy smokes it does!! Thanks Joanne.

• November 9, 2013 at 8:03 pm

YUUUUUMMMMMM
    I am racing to the store tomorrow for ingredients! This looks so amazing and easy! Thanks for sharing

• November 10, 2013 at 6:50 am

yummy! This would definitely be something hubby and I could enjoy.

• November 10, 2013 at 9:06 am

I’ve never actually roasted a pumpkin myself but I can imagine how amazing the taste difference is. I would totally love to dive into this, not too much though because I can’t handle THAT much pumpkin taste.

• November 10, 2013 at 4:52 pm

You had me at pumpkin! This sounds like a great snack!

• November 10, 2013 at 4:57 pm

You’re so right! Fresh pumpkin tastes completely different to me. I like this idea and want to try it. But, I generally want to try everything you post! Have you considered doing a Paleo cooking show? I would so watch that! 😉 Seriously. You’d be perfect.

• November 18, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Thanks hun! I would love to do something like this! Now to find the time 🙂

• November 10, 2013 at 6:16 pm

oh yum! this looks SO good!

• November 10, 2013 at 7:11 pm

This looks great! I’d love to try some in my greek yogurt 🙂 Not sure if that’s Paleo though…

• November 10, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Delicious!! Super easy and I have all the ingredients! yay!

• November 11, 2013 at 5:19 am

Oh my pumpkiny goodness, this looks awesome! And just in time because I’m giving up honey and maple syrup for a few weeks. I’m making it today! Thank you 🙂
    Eliza

• November 11, 2013 at 7:50 am

I am going to Pin this because I really want to make it – soon!

• November 13, 2013 at 4:31 pm

I cannot wait to try this! Granola/cereal is one thing I seriously miss since going grain and sugar free!

• November 15, 2013 at 1:55 am

I don’t know if I should admit this, but I’ve never roasted a pumpkin! Some food blogger, huh? I think I need to remedy that this year, and then maybe make some granola with the fruit of my labor. 🙂 Thanks for a fun, healthy recipe!

• November 15, 2013 at 1:21 pm

It’s so simple! Also, you know how canned pumpkin has that bitter aftertaste. You get none of that with fresh roasted and it’s sweet.

• Natasha
    November 18, 2013 at 5:01 pm

I am a little confused on the steps in the recipe. Do you mean “blend” on the pumpkin, oil, spice, etc, then “mix in a bowl” with the seeds & coconut? Iris backwards (I think?) in the recipe. Can you clarify? Thanks!

• November 18, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Hi Natasha, it’s a one bowl recipe. I found that you need to mix the spices in with the wet ingredients so they get evenly dispersed.

• July 15, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I made this last night (even though my house was sweltering hot). Yummy!

Today I walked into the kitchen and was “munching” while I decided on what to eat for lunch. I still had some granola in my mouth when I took a bite of grilled chicken. YUMMY!! So I tossed some chicken chunks and granola in a bowl and garnished it with cilantro. Even more yummy! Weird combo, but a taste bud pleaser 🙂

• July 17, 2014 at 7:10 am

That sounds delicious! I am going to have to try it!

• Alyssa
    December 27, 2015 at 3:37 pm

My granola did not come out hard. It was very soft. I used canned pumpkin. Any suggestions.

• December 28, 2015 at 9:07 am

I would bake it a touch longer and let it sit out for at least an hour to “harden” Alyssa