February 7, 2014   By Kelly Bejelly

Paleo chocolate Waffles

If you just said “No, she did not just put chocolate sauce all over those Paleo chocolate waffles.” Yes. Yes, I did.

Even though these are waffles, this is a dessert ya’ll.  They’re perfect for something a little bit different for Valentines Day when the standard chocolate covered strawberries sound boring or you just need to get down on some chocolate goodness.  These are waffles are HUGE so expect to share (or not if you so choose).  I hope you enjoy them as much as we did!

Paleo chocolate Waffles

Chocolate Waffles

Chocolate Waffles

Chocolate Sauce

• 2 tbsp of coconut oil
  • 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips

1. Combine all the ingredients for the waffles in a large mixing bowl and blend until well combined.
  2. Turn on your waffle maker to high
  3. Pour 3/4 cup into your waffle maker and cook for 4 - 5 minutes. Remove and Repeat.
  4. For the Chocolate Sauce place the coconut oil and dark chocolate chips in a small sauce pan and on low and melt the chocolate. Whisk to combine and pour over the waffles.

gluten free chocolate waffles

© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

• Suzanne
    February 7, 2014 at 12:12 pm

look fabulous!!

• February 7, 2014 at 6:42 pm

These look absolutely amazing I am thrilled I’ve found your blog, over the past two years my decades ago allergy shots have worn off, and my eczema is absolutely awful, I have been in denial and too lazy to change my diet partly because I have a family to cook for. I’m allergic to wheat, corn and rice!! :/ Thank you, Thank you!! I mean totally grain free?! I’m tripping over here, please keep it up!! 🙂

• Tiffany
        January 13, 2016 at 6:02 am

I must have done something wrong. Just starting the Paleo life style. My waffles fell apart, were very bland & eggy. Nothing sweet about them. Help!

• Jamie
    February 7, 2014 at 9:43 pm

You could even make up some whipped coconut cream to put on top!

• February 8, 2014 at 10:27 am

I like the way you think Jamie 🙂

• Justine
    February 9, 2014 at 7:03 am

I woke up with a pretty nasty head cold this morning and these look like the perfect comfort! So making these!

• February 16, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Okay, that took me a minute. Had to go grab a paper towel to clean up the drool. Chocolate waffles with chocolate sauce is what I imagine would be a breakfast option daily in heaven.

• Lexie
    February 26, 2014 at 8:17 pm

I whipped these up in no time for me and my kids today, and they were fantastic! I added a tiny bit of pure maple syrup to the sauce to sweeten it up a bit for our tastes, and replaced the coconut and almond flour with just one cup of Mama’s Almond Blend Flour. I also made them vegan by replacing the eggs with ground flax seed. I really can’t believe how easy and delicious they were! Definitely a treat that I don’t have to feel guilty about giving to my kids.

• February 27, 2014 at 12:03 pm

I’m glad they worked out Lexie!

• February 27, 2014 at 4:27 am

These look absolutely incredible. Double chocolate, yep!

• February 27, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Thank you Nichol 🙂 We had these for dinner last night 🙂

• amanda strand
        November 19, 2014 at 8:15 pm

woudl these work w/o the coco nut flour? i have an intoelreance to it 🙁

• November 19, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Hrmm. .. you should be able to tweak the recipe since there is only 1/4 cup. I suggest lowering the eggs and applesauce until you get right consistency.

• amanda strand
            November 22, 2014 at 1:45 pm

thanks! and my hubbys allergic to almods..wud another nut flour work?

• Linda
    February 14, 2016 at 1:11 pm

I did not like these probably if I add some Honey or something else they might be better. To much chocolate for me.

• October 11, 2016 at 5:49 am

I made these over the weekend, and holy smokes! So easy and delicious. And no guilt in eating them!

• Christine Grasser
    November 5, 2017 at 6:03 am

I was only cooking for myself so I divided the recipe in four and it made one waffle. What a delicious recipe. I was looking for a simple chocolate Paleo waffle and I found it. I didn’t add the chocolate chips or make a chocolate sauce but I topped with raspberries and strawberries and a small amount of pure maple syrup. Just delicious. Was like dessert for breakfast