This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on October 11, 2022
If you like to start your day with a smoothie or protein shake, you probably know how important it is to have a good blender in your kitchen. An excellent blender should be able to turn your leafy greens and frozen fruit into a blended pick-me-up in seconds, so you can quickly hit the road with a nutrient-packed drink in tow.
You might have heard that Shark Ninja has a line of excellent blenders and may be confused as to which is the best Ninja blender for your needs. If that’s you, you’ve come to the right place. This article will help you make an informed decision.
|Model||Motor Power (watts)||Pitcher Capacity (oz.)||Preset Speeds|
|Ninja Mega Kitchen System BL770||1500||72||No|
|Ninja BN610 XL||1000||62||No|
|Ninja SS101 Foodi Personal Blender||1200||14 and 24||Yes|
|Ninja BL660 Professional Blender||1100||64||No|
Best Ninja Blenders in 2022 Reviewed
With the side-by-side comparison out of the way, let’s learn what makes the food processors on my list the best Ninja blenders available.
1. Ninja Mega Kitchen System BL770 – Best Overall
- POWERFUL CRUSHING: The 72-oz. Total Crushing Pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies with a powerful 2-plus horsepower motor. (64-oz. max liquid capacity).
- FOOD PROCESSING: 8-cup food processor bowl provides perfect, even chopping and makes up to 2 pounds of dough in just 30 seconds.
- 4 VERSATILE FUNCTIONS: All 4 functions – Blend, Mix, Crush and Single-Serve – utilize 1500 watts of performance power to truly customize your drink-making experience.
- ON-THE-GO CONVENIENCE: Two 16-oz. Nutri Ninja Cups with To-Go Lids are perfect for creating personalized, nutrient-rich drinks to take on the go.
- BLADES FOR ANY RECIPE: Stacked Blade Assembly for the pitcher, Dough Blade and Chopping Blade for the processor bowl, and Nutri Ninja Blades for single-serve cups.
The best Ninja blenders combine capacity, power, and functionality into a sturdy and decently-priced machine. If these are attributes you search for when making a purchasing decision, then the Ninja Mega Kitchen System BL770 fits that bill to a tee. I think it’s the best Ninja blender overall.
This blender is powerful. Its 1500-watt motor will turn almost anything that makes contact with its sharp blades to nutritious mush, including ice cubes, frozen foods, and tough ingredients (e.g., nuts). And the blender’s BPA-free (dishwasher-safe) 64-ounce pitcher is a worthy match for its mega food processing capability.
Also, the BL770 looks incredible. Its stainless steel construction gives this high-powered blender reliable sturdiness, making it one of the best-looking countertop blenders in its class. Ninja blender models rarely disappoint in the looks department, but this one steals the show.
Ninja includes some neat accessories with its BL770 model. You get an 8-cup food processing bowl (excellent for mixing dough and making cake batter) and a set of 16-ounce Nutri Ninja cups with the blender. The food processor bowl can mix up to two pounds of batter in less than a minute. Meanwhile, each Nutri Ninja cup makes consuming smoothies on the go convenient.
Also, this blender is versatile. Its two-blade assembly means you can use it for more than chopping vegetables. In addition to making food prep quicker and kneading dough, you can use the BL770 to make puree jams, grind whole-grain flour, and so on.
This isn’t a flawless Ninja blender by any means. Unfortunately, all that blending power makes it one of the noisiest machines on this list.
- Has a powerful 1500-watt motor
- Comes with a massive 8-cup food processor bowl
- Has a beautiful design
- Can be loud when blending
The Ninja BL770 is an excellent choice for people who want the best Ninja blender available. Its 1500-watt motor and two-blade assembly make it a must-have.
2. Ninja BL642 – Runner-Up
- Auto IQ technology features timed, intelligent blending programs that do the work for you, no guesswork required
- Xl 72 ounce total crushing blender pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies
- Nutri Ninja Pro extractor blades break down whole fruits, vegetables, ice and seeds for maximum nutrient & vitamin extraction
- Small, regular, and jumbo multi serve nutri ninja cups with sip & seal lids for nutrient rich super juices on the go
- 1200 watts/2 hp of professional performance power
The Ninja BL642 earns the runner-up spot on my list for being a worthy alternative to the BL770. Like the latter Ninja blender, the BL642 pulls double-duty as a food processor and mixer. So not only is it excellent for blending ice, fruit, and other solids, it’s great for beating eggs and mixing cookie dough.
This personal Ninja blender features the brand’s Auto IQ technology, a set of preset programs used for making different types of blends. Each preset has a set speed and time length for food processing jobs, making it easier to determine the amount of chopping, pureeing, or blending a specific foodstuff requires. Some presets even throw pauses and pulses into the mix.
In addition, the BL642 is smart. It can tell the size of the container mounted to it and, based on that information, display which program has the most suitable speed for the job. Besides its high-tech functionality, it’s easy to clean, featuring dishwasher-safe BPA-free plastic parts.
Ninja includes three differently-sized to-go cups with the BL642, making it convenient to enjoy your blends while on the move. So whether you need a shake for your post-workout meal or a smoothie for a cross-country trip, this blender delivers every time.
The one aspect of the Ninja BL642 that might give you pause is its price. This blender isn’t the most wallet-friendly option among Ninja’s models, so expect to pay top dollar to get it on your kitchen counter.
- Works as a blender and mixer
- Comes with four preset blending programs
- Has three to-go cups
- Quite expensive
If you like your Ninja blenders versatile, then the Ninja BL642 is worth a look. It’s one of the best Ninja blenders that handles jobs a traditional countertop blender is known for, plus more.
3. Ninja BN610 XL – Best Budget
- PROFESSIONAL POWER: 1000 watts of professional power can crush ice and breakdown any tough ingredient.
- XL CAPACITY: The 72 oz professional blender pitcher is excellent for making frozen drinks and creamy smoothies for the entire family. 64 oz. max liquid capacity
- INTELLIGENT TECHNOLOGY: Total Crushing Technology delivers unbeatable power with blades that pulverize and crush through ice, whole fruits and vegetables in seconds.
- ICE CRUSHING: Blast ice into snow in seconds and blend your favorite ingredients into delicious resort-style frozen drinks
- RECIPE INSPIRATION: The included recipe guide provides drink and dish making inspiration.
If, like me, you like Ninja blenders because they’re versatile yet affordable, then check out the Ninja BN610 XL. It’s one of the best Ninja blenders for consumers with modest pockets.
This Ninja blender has a moderately powerful 1000-watt motor that, when combined with the blender’s Ninja Crushing blades, makes quick work of different food types. For example, this blender is excellent at crushing ice and frozen fruit, making it an ideal personal blender for quick smoothies.
Despite its modest price tag, the BN610 XL delivers on one key aspect most personal blenders overlook: capacity. Its pitcher can hold up to 64 oz. of food. This huge capacity means the BN620XL is excellent for people who want to liquefy and store food for a couple of days, as you can blend huge batches at a time.
Also, Ninja throws in a terrific guidebook that contains 25 food processor recipes. Among some of my favorites are the recipes for sauces and dips. So if you need any inspiration for nutritious breakfast smoothies or savory sauces, this guide will be a godsend.
If there’s one place the BN620 XL underwhelms, it’s in the included-accessories department. This Ninja blender doesn’t come with any: no to-go cups, smoothie bowls, nothing. So if you were hoping this food processor could make smoothies and let you take them with you, I’ve got some bad news.
- One of the most budget-friendly Ninja personal blenders
- Comes with a recipe guide
- Huge 64-oz. pitcher
- Nutri Ninja cups and similar accessories aren’t included
The Ninja BN610XL blender is one of the best Ninja blenders for people with modest budgets. If that’s you, consider getting one.
4. Ninja SS101 Foodi Personal Blender – Best for Thick Blends
- THICK SMOOTHIE BOWLS: 14-oz. Smoothie Bowl Maker with built-in tamper blends and powers through frozen foods with less liquid for perfectly thick smoothie bowls, nut butters, and blender ice cream.
- SMOOTH NUTRIENT EXTRACTIONS: 24-oz. Nutrient Extraction Cup with better breakdown for smoother extractions, smoothies, and frozen drinks (vs. BL480). (Extract a drink containing vitamins and nutrients from fruits and vegetables.)
- SMARTTORQUE TECHNOLOGY: Powerful 1200-peak-watt power-dense motor that powers through heavy loads without stalling or the need to stir or shake.
- 6 VERSATILE FUNCTIONS: 6 programs for one-touch blend, pulse, smoothies, extractions, bowls, and spreads.
- AUTO-IQ TECHNOLOGY: take the guesswork out of drink making with intelligent programs that combine unique timed pulsing, blending, and pausing patterns that do the work for you.
Are you partial to nut butter and ice cream? Do you love a good smoothie bowl? If so, the Ninja SS101 Foodi Personal Blender can help to whet those appetites. This smoothie blender excels at handling thick blends with heavy consistency, making it the Ninja model of choice for those jobs.
The Ninja Foodi blender features Ninja’s Auto IQ technology; the four-button blending presets make achieving your desired consistency a precise and effortless task. A powerful 1200-watt motor powers this blending technology, allowing you to convert nuts, vegetables, ice, fruit, and other ingredients into smoothie bowls and spreads.
Ninja provides two pitchers with the SS101: a 14 oz. one for smoothie bowls and a 24 oz. Nutri bowl you can use to make creamy frozen drinks and other treats. Each pitcher doubles as a to-go cup and has a lid that keeps its contents from spilling out when you’re on the move, or the blender’s SMARTTORQUE technology is mashing through food.
The feature of the SS101 I appreciate the most is this blender’s portability. Unlike the other blenders on this list, it doesn’t take up much counter space, despite having accessories like a smoothie bowl maker. And after trying out the 15 recipes in the guide Ninja includes, you won’t have any issues cleaning it (all its washable parts are dishwasher-safe).
My biggest issue with the SS101 is its shelf-life. This blender works great, but don’t expect it to run without issue after a year.
- Comes with two pitchers
- Has a powerful 1200-watt motor
- Excellent for smoothies and spreads
- Has a short shelf-life
Looking for a portable blender that can handle thick blends with heavy consistency? If so, Ninja SS101 Foodi Personal Blender would be your go-to option.
5. Ninja BL660 Professional Blender – Best for Smoothies
- ULTIMATE POWER: 1100-watt motor powers through the toughest ingredients and pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks, smoothies, sauces, and more.
- VERSITILE FUNCTIONS: Professional performance with 3 manual speeds, pulse, and the single serve function for to-go cups.
- XL CAPACITY: 72-oz. Total Crushing Pitcher is perfect for creating creamy frozen drinks and smoothies for the whole family, or entertaining guests. 64 oz. max liquid capacity.
- FOOD PROCESSING: Chop fresh ingredients evenly without any mush. Effortlessly mince, chop, grind, and blend a variety of ingredients for easy meal preparations and recipes.
- ON-THE-GO CONVENIENCE: Blend directly in the 16-oz. single-serve cup, attach the spout lid, and enjoy your creations on the go.
If you love smoothies, you’ll love the Ninja BL660 Professional Blender: it’s the best for them (and other frozen drinks).
This Ninja blender has a 110-watt motor with three-speed options (like single-serving and pulse). You can use it to crush ice, frozen fruits and veggies, and so on. And thanks to a generous 64-oz pitcher, you can blend huge helpings of smoothies, soups, and so on.
One of the BL660’s highlights is its non-locked blade assembly. Usually, blender blades remain fixed in place when the machine is turned on. But not Ninja blenders like the BL660. Its blade rises and falls throughout the pitcher’s height, resulting in smoothly crushed foodstuff. It’s a neat design, but you’ll need to make sure you put the lid on before you hit the “On” switch.
Ninja bundles the machine with two of its 16-ounce Nutri Ninja cups for on-the-go smoothie goodness. Most Ninja blender cups come with to-go lids, and the BL660 isn’t any different. So you can enjoy your smoothies anywhere (e.g., at the gym, in the office, etc.).
Another attribute I like about the BL660 is how it excels as a countertop blender. If you ever throw a party where you need to serve alcoholic beverages like margaritas, this blender will be the life of the party. And since it’s a professional blender, it’ll also perform well in establishments like bars.
However, this Ninja blender lags behind the other models on this list in its versatility: while the other Ninja blenders I’ve reviewed can manage dry blending, the BL660 can’t. So you’ll need to add liquid to the container to get any use out of this machine. Doing otherwise risks damaging the BL660’s blades.
- Incredibly fast blend speed
- Has a sturdy design
- Excellent countertop blender
- Not suitable for dry blending
Get the Ninja BL660 Professional blender if you’re a smoothie lover looking for a machine that doubles as a countertop blender.
How to Choose a Ninja Blender
What factors should you consider when choosing a Ninja blender? Check the following features:
Motor power is the most important factor to consider when choosing a Ninja blender. The blender’s wattage determines its blades blending power, so the blending tasks you have in mind will determine the blender you choose.
The best Ninja blenders have a motor that’s at least 1000 watts. So not only are they excellent at crushing solids like ice and fruit, but you can also run these models continuously without worrying about the motor overheating from use. Conversely, blender motors in the 600-900-watt range can’t manage the heavy-duty blending jobs countertop blenders pull-off with ease.
After motor power, you should consider a Ninja blender based on the model’s pitcher capacity. There are tradeoffs to different sizes: while large pitchers can blend more foodstuff, they take up more space in your kitchen. Meanwhile, a smaller blender pitcher may be portable enough to double as a to-go cup but can’t blend many solids at a time.
Regarding what blender capacity is suitable for batch blends, I’d aim for something close to 60 oz. However, if you don’t need that much capacity (e.g., you’d like to take your blend with you, pitcher and all), a pitcher capacity of between 14 and 24 oz. should be adequate for your needs.
Ease of Use/Maintenance
Some Ninja blenders come with preset blending functions that take the guesswork out of how finely you should blend specific food types to get a decent consistency. These machines even go as far as adding pulses and pauses at preset intervals to mimic the way a human would blend when doing it manually. Aim for these blenders if you desire convenience.
Also, while having a powerful blender is fantastic, the novelty will wear off quickly if it’s difficult to clean. So ensure you get a blender with dishwasher-safe parts so that cleaning it is as convenient as popping it into the dishwasher. And it should go higher on your list if it’s made with BPA-free parts.
Many Ninja blenders do more than blend fruits and vegetables: the best of the bunch double as mixers. Some may come with dough blades, while the professional ones have powerful motors that can mix thick ingredients, crush nuts into butter, and so on.
If you plan on getting a mixer, these Ninja models may help you save cash, as you can kill two birds with one stone when you purchase them. And since they come with a dough blade or two, you won’t need to buy accessories.
Most mid to low-range Ninja blenders fall below five hundred dollars, but not all are created equal. Affordable Ninja blenders may make your pocket smile, but their use may be limited to making the odd smoothie or protein shake. Also, they may not be as durable.
Conversely, if you want a Ninja blender with the blending power to handle different food types and pre-programmed settings that make your life easier, you’ll need to be prepared to spend a little extra on it.
Is a Ninja Blender Worth Buying?
I think they are. Ninja blenders offer an incredible balance between high quality and affordability. Depending on the model you purchase, you can get convenient features like preset blend speeds and incredible blending power. And it’s difficult not to recommend Ninja models that can mix and blend.
Are Ninja Blenders Good for Blending Hot Foods?
It depends. Some Ninja blenders come with plastic pitchers that can’t withstand hot liquids. These blenders are usually more affordable models, so the lack of durability is understandable. However, the higher you climb up the Ninja blender price ladder, the more likely the blender’s pitcher will be able to withstand the heat from hot foods.
Do Ninja Blenders Have Interchangeable Cups?
It depends on the model. Some Ninja blenders have interchangeable cups, but most don’t. You’ll have to do your due diligence before purchasing accessories you’d like to use with your Ninja blender.
Ninja’s blenders are some of the best available, so you can’t go wrong with one of the models on my list. As a quick reminder, the factors you should consider when choosing one of their blenders include the blender’s motor power, pitcher capacity, versatility, ease of use, and price.