This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Fall is here so it’s time to stock up on homemade chicken broth. It’s crazy simple to make chicken broth in your slow cooker and even my husband, who never cooks, loves doing this. What you’ll need:
How to make Chicken Broth the Easy Way!
8 cups of water | 2 medium carrots | 2 bay leaves | 1/2 tsp of peppercorn | 2 stalks of celery | 1 small onion | 1 chicken carcass | 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar | A 6 quart slow cooker | Cheesecloth
Again, this is simple. Simply rough chop your veggies and throw into the slow cooker with all the ingredients. Cook on low for 8 hours. Strain through your cheesecloth into pint jars. Store in the freezer.
- 1 chicken carcass
- 2 leaves dried bay
- 1/2 teaspoons of peppercorns
- 2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 stulks of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 8 cups of water
- 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Place all your ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours. Strain with cheesecloth into your pint jars.
- Store in your freezer.