This is probably one of the toughest recipes I have ever worked on.
I reworked it six times until I finally got it right and even now I’m wondering if I should tweak it just a bit more.
First, your brand of tapioca flour really affects the outcome of your baked goods. I cheated on my beloved Bob’s Red Mill and it was like I was working with a completely different animal.
I will not make the same mistake again.
Anyhow, the morning this baby finally came together was a dozy. We’re gearing up for The Little and Mr. Bejelly’s birthday and we decided to rent a pressure washer to clean the deck and pool area and, well, I had my fears because I did not marry a handy man.
We all have our strengths and weaknesses and my husband is “allergic” to machinery and computers.
Like oil and water they do not mix and after that episode, I needed something dark and sweet and chocolaty.
Thank the Universe this recipe for Paleo Brownies finally came together.
A couple of tips:
1. Wait until it cools completely to cut it. If you cut into it when it’s warm, it will be very crumbly and might not stick together!
2. Use Bob Red Mill’s Tapioca Flour!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In mixing bowl combine all the ingredients and mix with a heat resistant spatula until you have a thick, almost cookie like dough.
- Pour this into a greased 8" round cake pan.
- With the spatula push the dough so that it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Place in your oven and cook for 15 - 17 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.