This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on November 29, 2020
Santa will love these snacking on these gluten free snowball cookies. Made with pecans, they are covered in a delicious coconut powdered sugar that everyone will love.
The holidays are almost upon us, and that means an abundance of delicious holiday treats! Christmas is easier to survive and enjoy when you are armed with your own supply of gluten free Christmas cookies!
Fortunately gluten free cookies are easy to make with grain-free flours and unrefined sweeteners. They taste delicious, too; your friends won’t even notice the difference!
These Gluten free snowball cookies are the perfect winter treat. They are soft on the inside and studded this delicious crunchy pecans.
On the outside, they are dusted with homemade powdered sugar. They look so pretty and would go very nicely alongside other gluten free cookies for a holiday cookie platter.
Homemade powdered sugar is very easy to make from unrefined coconut sugar. All you need is a food processor and a fine-mesh sieve!
These cookies would be perfect to bring to your next holiday party, or whip up a batch to enjoy throughout the week with afternoon tea.
You can omit the pecans to make this treat free of nuts. Maple sugar would make a very nice paleo powdered sugar as well.
Some notes about this Gluten Free Snowball Cookies Recipe
If you can tolerate grass-fed butter, it is very nice in these cookies because the slightly caramelized flavor of the butter plays very well off the nutty pecan flavor.
However, these would still be scrumptious made with melted extra-virgin coconut oil. Ghee would work well, too.
The ingredients you need for this recipe
These easy gluten free snowball cookies are good enough for Santa!
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, or butter, melted
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Powdered Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a large baking sheet with a bit of butter or coconut oil.
- Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl and mix in the coconut sugar and butter or coconut oil.
- Stir in the pecans, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, salt, and baking soda. Let sit a minute to set up. If the dough is still runny, you may add an extra tablespoon of coconut flour.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Powdered Coconut Sugar:
- Combine the coconut sugar and arrowroot in a food processor.
- Process until powdery.
- Sift through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Sift again, this time over the cookies so they get all dusted with powdered coconut sugar.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g