This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on November 29, 2020
The one thing I love about cooking is how flexible it is. I can’t count on my fingers and toes the number of times I have started a recipe thinking it would be something and once it’s done, realize I had instead created a different creature. Cooking is about going with the flow. Knowing your ingredients and realizing that as long as you follow certain rules, it will turn out all right in the end.
I thought that this was going to be a thin mint cookie recipe and it transformed into a light and fluffy Paleo Chocolate cupcakes recipe that satisfied my need for dark chocolate and peppermint.
Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes with Mint
- 2 cups of Pecans
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint flavoring
- 2 tablespoons B grade maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon palm Shortening
Chocolate Peppermint Frosting
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp palm Shortening
- 11/2 tsp of peppermint flavoring
- Combine the pecans, dark chocolate chips, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder in a food processor/blender and grind until you have a flour.
- In a medium bowl add the peppermint oil, maple syrup and eggs and mix well.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into 12 cupcake tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- To make the frosting combine the chocolate chips, palm shortening and peppermint oil in a pan over low heat. Cook until the chocolate chips are melted and then set on your counter to cool.
- Frost the cupcakes with the frosting and enjoy!
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.
Looks and sounds wonderful, Kelly! Plus I like the itty bitty size!
They look wonderful!
This recipe is right up my alley, I LOVE peppermint and chocolate together!!
These look really good!
That last picture is mouthwatering.
Thanks Jenn 🙂
That looks really tasty. It’s amazing how good chocolate can be, especially cupcakes, when either vegan or grain free.
That looks fabulous! I think I will soon be going on a grain free diet for a while, so I will be sure to come back to your site to try your recipes.
These look great
That looks so yummy and mouth watering.
This looks so yummy.
After Eights are one of my favorite chocolate treats – the frosting on these sound like it would taste just like them!
Gah, mouth watering!
Yum. They look so decadent.
Mmm, those look amazing! Dark chocolate and peppermint are always a perfect pair but in a cupcake oozing with frosting? That’s just a priceless creation you’ve come up with!
These sound wonderful.
These look INTENSE. Which is the best kind of chocolate dessert. 🙂
These look sinful! In a delicious kind of way. 🙂
I can almost taste it! Looks divine!
Absolutely drooling over here!
Just skip the peppermint & I’m all over this 😛
I love anything peppermint & chocolate!
I love the mini-ness of them 🙂
the perfect mouth bites with non of the guilt how in the world to you find time to bake so much and keep the weight off
Those look delicious!
These look incredible and just love the photos!
These look so good and I have those same exact cupcake wrappers LOL.
Anything chocolate and peppermint is a go in my book!! YUMMO!
I bet these little cuties are delicious!
Oh YUMMY. I love chocolate and mint.
Those look great! My daughter is allergic to all nuts except almonds. Do you think this would work with almonds?
It should work a-ok Rhonda 🙂 I hope you like them.
These sound so good!
Can you use peppermint essential oil or is best with peppermint extract?
I’ve never made it with essential oil and while, I know that you can eat essential oils, I would suggest the extract.
OMG! These look so delicious!!
I just started eating paleo and am a huge baker, so I am SO SO SO glad I came upon your site! Its amazing! All your recipes look so delicious! I can’t wait to get baking again! 🙂
I hope you enjoy Allie 🙂 Happy eating!