This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on November 29, 2020
These healthy carrot cake bars make the perfect treat! Gluten-free and Paleo, you will love the warm comforting spice and the rich taste of fall in each bite.
I can consider Alexis the Queen of Clean Eats and when her cookbook Lexi’s Clean Kitchen released I knew I had to get a copy. After flipping through the book and filling it with over 30 bookmarks, I knew that this book was a winner!
Lexi’s Clean Kitchen is packed with more than 150 nourishing recipes, full-color photos, shopping lists, how-to guides, and simple tips for customizing your clean lifestyle, making each step of the way approachable and, above all, enjoyable!
Lexi delivers healthy meals packed with flavor, like Thai Meatballs, Classic Chili, One-Pan Arroz con Pollo, Maple-Glazed Salmon, and Sriracha Lime Chopped Chicken Salad, with healthier options of your favorite indulgent foods, like French Toast Sticks, Perfect Waffles, Birthday Cake, Easy Sandwich Bread, and more.
- 1 cup Superfine Blanched Almond Flour
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon power
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup grated carrots
- ⅓ cup raw walnuts, chopped, garnish optional, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1½ cups Vanilla Buttercream Frosting, page 288, or more as desired
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt until well blended. Whisk in the eggs, applesauce, vanilla, and ginger, if using, until smooth.
- Fold in the carrots, walnuts, raisins, and chocolate chips, if using.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish, smooth out the top, and bake for about 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- While the cake is baking, make the frosting and set aside.
- When the cake is done, let it cool completely in the pan before frosting or cutting.
- Spread the frosting evenly across the top of the cake and garnish with extra chopped walnuts, if desired. Cut into 9 to 12 bars to serve.
- Store the bars in a closed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days