June 14, 2015   By Kelly Bejelly

low carb pizza crust

So, I’m doing the low carbish thing.

And all I could think about was pizza. I was dreaming about eating pizza and seriously, if you’re not watching carbs like a hawk, my other pizza crust recipe is insane.

But, yeah, I’m watching my carbs.

Not going Keto or anything but staying between 50 to 80 carbs a day.

So back to pizza. I’ve been dreaming of tearing up a crust and finally, after many a failure got a winner.

You can skip the Parmesan cheese if you would like to make it completely dairy-free.

low carb pizza crust

low carb pizza crust

Low Carb Pizza Crust

Servings: 10 slices
Calories: 112 kcal

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl add in the coconut flour, psyllium seed husk, spices,Parmesan, olive oil and hot water.
  3. Mix with a spoon until well combined.
  4. Add in the almond flour and eggs until you have a sticky dough.
  5. Place the dough on top of a piece of parchment paper and cover with a second piece of parchment paper.
  6. Roll out into a circle and place on a pizza sheet. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and place the pizza crust in the oven.
  7. Bake for 25 minutes.
  8. Remove the crust from the oven
  9. Increase the oven heat to 400 degrees.
  10. Remove the bottom sheet of parchment paper and place your sauce and toppings on the top.
  11. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
  12. Remove from the oven and let cool for 3 to 5 minutes.
Nutrition Facts
Total Carbohydrates 6g 2%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 4g 8%
Vitamin A 2.7%
Calcium 4.9%
Iron 3.4%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

low carb pizza crust

• June 15, 2015 at 9:24 am

I love the color of that crust! Its looks so crunchy crispy

• June 15, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Omg Kelly this crust + the whole pizza looks delicious! Can you deliver?!

• August 2, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Ha! If we are ever in the same neck of the woods, then yes!

• June 15, 2015 at 1:42 pm

This looks great. I look forward to trying it. I’ve been making a Vegetable-Crust Pizza, but it’s definitely not what you think of when you imagine a traditional pizza.

• Marla
    June 16, 2015 at 1:16 am

Thank you mam, a crust without cauliflower.All this is stuff in my cabinet or frig… all the time.

And on another note…. all you guys reading this should REALLY check out 20 dishes. I am a new CONVERT and so totally enthused.

I am fixin; to discipilize you. I’m so exicted about what has happened in just one week of using 20 Dishes that I’m blog bombing. I’m learning how to have supper ready every night, for exactly the right amount of people. and not bust my butt. Today it took me 10 min to prepare supper, it did take baking time of an hour, but I was getting ready for work so I didn’t even notice that time.. I didn’t make the one hour of prep for the week, it took me almost double (it is my first week of doing this,) and those two-ish hours made my Monday, and my kids Monday, fantastic. And tomorrow… Chicken and veggie soup with leftover salad from tonight. Talk about simplicity and ease.

• June 16, 2015 at 8:06 am

I’m always on the lookout for a primal pizza crust and recipe this looks amazing!

• June 17, 2015 at 2:23 pm

This crust looks awesome! In fact, I want to grab the slice straight from the screen.

• Linda Hermanson
    June 20, 2015 at 10:16 am

Is there an acceptable substitute for the psyllium seed powder?

• Karen
    July 7, 2015 at 7:40 am

You say there’s a dairy-free option. Is the parm cheese optional or is there a good non-dairy sub? Thanks! Can’t wait to try.

• Nikko
    July 10, 2015 at 10:21 pm

You’re adding to my to-do list with all these amazing recipes.

• January 7, 2016 at 6:18 pm

I want to try this recipe but I don’t know what psyllium seed powder is. Where do you purchase it? Can you omit it?

• Howard
    May 30, 2016 at 3:25 pm

How many carbs per crust?

• Rosie
    July 8, 2016 at 12:50 pm

Does the psyllium seed taste weird?

• Erica
    July 30, 2016 at 6:39 am

Hi we are a nut free house. What can I sub for almond flour?

• November 13, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Can you do seeds? I would try sunflower seed flour

• Retta
    October 1, 2016 at 3:51 pm

The instructions say to remove the bottom sheet of parchment paper, but the photos show it still in place. Is it necessary to remove it? Or is there something missing from the instructions?
    I’m keen to try this recipe, it looks great!

• November 13, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Hi Retta, I just had it there for the photo hun. You want remove to paper so the bottom of the crust can crisp up.

• miranda
    November 6, 2016 at 2:46 am

so gonna try this next week!! I am doing low carb as well, not strict or keto , something like you so, I like recipes like this with some carbs.

• Julie
    December 4, 2016 at 7:20 am

How many carbs per slice or pizza?

• Rm
    January 21, 2017 at 7:21 pm

A lot of the recipe like pizza crust and bake good use coconut flour!!! My LO is super allergic. Are there others without coconut flour used in them? But still taste good?

• Emily
    January 24, 2017 at 5:53 pm

Thanks for the recipe! I tried this tonight – only changes were omitting the Parmesan cheese and subbing in flax meal for 1T of the almond flour. Oh, as I wrote that, I just realized that I forgot the oil – oops! I bet it would have been better with that. It was good how I made it – I wish I could have gotten it a bit crispier (maybe the oil would have helped that), but it was quite good for being low carb. It would be good just at bread to eat – I think I might try it as pita bread next time.