Low Carb Pizza Crust (Keto)

This is the best keto pizza crust recipe that’s made with almond flour. Seriously, it has a great bready chew and holds up under a huge pile of toppings!

low carb pizza crust

So, I’m doing the low carbish thing.

And all I could think about was pizza. I was dreaming about eating pizza and seriously, if you’re not watching carbs like a hawk, my other paleo pizza crust recipe is insane.

But, yeah, I’m watching my carbs.

Not going Keto or anything but staying between 50 to 80 carbs a day.

So back to pizza. I’ve been dreaming of tearing up a crust and finally, after many a failure got a winner.

You can skip the Parmesan cheese if you would like to make it completely dairy-free.

low carb pizza crust

What we love about this Keto Pizza Crust

• It’s NOT made with cauliflower
  • It has the perfect bread-like texture and is different from a fathead dough

Recommend Low Carb Pizza Toppings

• Top with onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, mozzarella, pesto sauce, bell peppers, olives and more!

low carb pizza crust

Low Carb Pizza Crust

Low Carb Pizza Crust

Yield: 10 slices
Make this Keto pizza dough and top with all your favorite toppings!

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl add in the coconut flour, psyllium seed husk, spices,Parmesan, olive oil and hot water.
  3. Mix with a spoon until well combined.
  4. Add in the almond flour and eggs until you have a sticky dough.
  5. Place the dough on top of a piece of parchment paper and cover with a second piece of parchment paper.
  6. Roll out into a circle and place on a pizza sheet. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and place the pizza crust in the oven.
  7. Bake for 25 minutes.
  8. Remove the crust from the oven
  9. Increase the oven heat to 400 degrees.
  10. Remove the bottom sheet of parchment paper and place your sauce and toppings on the top.
  11. Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
  12. Remove from the oven and let cool for 3 to 5 minutes.

Notes

Add mushrooms, pepperoni, sausage, green bell peppers and more on top of this almond flour pizza crust.

Nutrition Information:
Yield: 10 Serving Size: g
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 113 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 276mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 4g

1. tamar cohen June 15, 2015 at 9:24 am

I love the color of that crust! Its looks so crunchy crispy

2. Vanessa June 15, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Omg Kelly this crust + the whole pizza looks delicious! Can you deliver?!

1. Kelly Bejelly August 2, 2015 at 6:11 pm

Ha! If we are ever in the same neck of the woods, then yes!

3. kariane June 15, 2015 at 1:42 pm

This looks great. I look forward to trying it. I’ve been making a Vegetable-Crust Pizza, but it’s definitely not what you think of when you imagine a traditional pizza.

4. Marla June 16, 2015 at 1:16 am

Thank you mam, a crust without cauliflower.All this is stuff in my cabinet or frig… all the time.

And on another note…. all you guys reading this should REALLY check out 20 dishes. I am a new CONVERT and so totally enthused.

I am fixin; to discipilize you. I’m so exicted about what has happened in just one week of using 20 Dishes that I’m blog bombing. I’m learning how to have supper ready every night, for exactly the right amount of people. and not bust my butt. Today it took me 10 min to prepare supper, it did take baking time of an hour, but I was getting ready for work so I didn’t even notice that time.. I didn’t make the one hour of prep for the week, it took me almost double (it is my first week of doing this,) and those two-ish hours made my Monday, and my kids Monday, fantastic. And tomorrow… Chicken and veggie soup with leftover salad from tonight. Talk about simplicity and ease.

5. Jean June 16, 2015 at 8:06 am

I’m always on the lookout for a primal pizza crust and recipe this looks amazing!

6. Irena Macri June 17, 2015 at 2:23 pm

This crust looks awesome! In fact, I want to grab the slice straight from the screen.

7. Linda Hermanson June 20, 2015 at 10:16 am

Is there an acceptable substitute for the psyllium seed powder?

8. Karen July 7, 2015 at 7:40 am

You say there’s a dairy-free option. Is the parm cheese optional or is there a good non-dairy sub? Thanks! Can’t wait to try.

9. Nikko July 10, 2015 at 10:21 pm

You’re adding to my to-do list with all these amazing recipes.

10. Carole Taylor January 7, 2016 at 6:18 pm

I want to try this recipe but I don’t know what psyllium seed powder is. Where do you purchase it? Can you omit it?

11. Howard May 30, 2016 at 3:25 pm

How many carbs per crust?

12. Rosie July 8, 2016 at 12:50 pm

Does the psyllium seed taste weird?

13. Erica July 30, 2016 at 6:39 am

Hi we are a nut free house. What can I sub for almond flour?

1. Kelly Bejelly November 13, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Can you do seeds? I would try sunflower seed flour

14. Retta October 1, 2016 at 3:51 pm

The instructions say to remove the bottom sheet of parchment paper, but the photos show it still in place. Is it necessary to remove it? Or is there something missing from the instructions?
    I’m keen to try this recipe, it looks great!

1. Kelly Bejelly November 13, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Hi Retta, I just had it there for the photo hun. You want remove to paper so the bottom of the crust can crisp up.

15. miranda November 6, 2016 at 2:46 am

so gonna try this next week!! I am doing low carb as well, not strict or keto , something like you so, I like recipes like this with some carbs.

16. Julie December 4, 2016 at 7:20 am

How many carbs per slice or pizza?

17. Rm January 21, 2017 at 7:21 pm

A lot of the recipe like pizza crust and bake good use coconut flour!!! My LO is super allergic. Are there others without coconut flour used in them? But still taste good?

18. Emily January 24, 2017 at 5:53 pm

Thanks for the recipe! I tried this tonight – only changes were omitting the Parmesan cheese and subbing in flax meal for 1T of the almond flour. Oh, as I wrote that, I just realized that I forgot the oil – oops! I bet it would have been better with that. It was good how I made it – I wish I could have gotten it a bit crispier (maybe the oil would have helped that), but it was quite good for being low carb. It would be good just at bread to eat – I think I might try it as pita bread next time.

19. Jen October 29, 2017 at 5:52 am

Hi, I’m intolerant to dairy and in the ketogenic diet. Sadly a lot of the low carb pizza base recipes have cheese in them. What difference would it make to the pizza if I omit the cheese? I’m hoping for a tasty, crispy pizza base!

1. Kelly Bejelly October 29, 2017 at 10:52 am

I make it without cheese all the time hun. It’s ok to skip it!

20. Jenny January 17, 2018 at 1:23 pm

I take coarse psyllium husks all the time as a supplement. If I grind it in my food processor for this recipe will that work?

21. Steph May 14, 2018 at 11:28 am

Super excited to try this! Your other pizza crust changed.my.life. Like truly😂Thank youfpr sharing. Namaste🙏