For months I have been waiting for my friend Kyndra’s book to release and seriously, after flipping through it, I literally had to wipe a jug of drool away.
I know, but dang. The book combines a lot of my absolutely favorite recipes made low carb and primal.
I’m talking about recipes like Ruben stuffed sweet potatoes, Chicken pot pie soup, cheddar dill bisuits and more. Seriously there are 85+ low carb, primal and gluten-free recipes with nutritional analysis for each recipe.
You can’t go wrong with the book and I highly recommend you get your copy today. I’m sharing below one of the many incredible recipes inside (OMG, it’s soooo good).
- 1 cauliflower, large head, cleaned and trimmed, but left whole
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, medium, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 oz prosciutto, diced and cooked crisp
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large, covered pot, filled with 1 inch of water, steam the cauilflower over high heat until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain the water and allow the caluiflower to remain ni the hot pot to draw out any excess moisture. This part is very important. You don't want to end up with mac anc cheese soup.
- Place the cauliflower in an 8 x 8-inch casserole dish. using a fork, slightly mash the cauliflower to break it apart.
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter. Once the butter is melted, add the onion to the pan and saute until nice and caramelized about 20 minutes. Remove the caramized onion from the pan and set aside.
- To the same plan, add remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and garlic. Saute until the butter is melted and the garlic is fragrant. Add the heavy cream and the Parmesan cheese. Stir continuously until the Parmesan is melted and the sauce begins to boil. Mix in the cheddar cheese, goat cheese and black pepper. Stir until the cheeses are melted and well incorporated into the sauce. Reduce the heat to low and allow the sauce to thicken as it simmes, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the cheese sauce evenly over the top of the cauliflower. Layer the caramelized onion on top of the sauce. Lastly, layer the crispy prosciutto on top of the ion. Sprinkle with any leftover cheese you may have. Bake for 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 511 Saturated Fat: 25g Cholesterol: 123mg Sodium: 561mg Carbohydrates: 5g Sugar: 1g Protein: 14g