Thanksgiving is days away and now that I’m following a Keto lifestyle, I’m trying to figure out what is the best way to spend my carbs for the day. First, I am going to blow my 20 carbs for the day and probably do 50, so yeah. Let’s just get that out in the open.
My must have food for Thanksgiving is Dressing and Pecan Pie. I HAVE to have these two dishes. I was flipping though my Paleo Eats cookbook and realized that my pie crust is totally low carb and keto. Sweet! I’m not sure what I’m going to do for the pecan filling at the moment but it will come to me (I’m kinda magically that way).
- 1¼ cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the almond flour, coconut flour and salt in a large bowl and mix with a fork.
- Add the melted coconut oil and egg and blend with a spoon until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough in the bowl for 30 seconds.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper and place a second piece on top.
- With a rolling pin, roll it to 1/4" thick circle.
- Place in a pie place and trim the ends with a knife to fit. Pinch together any cracks or tears.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 148 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 97mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g