This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on September 1, 2022
While you don’t need a wok to cook exceptional recipes, let alone an electric-powered wok, the cooking tool surely makes life easier for all Asian cuisine lovers.
Electric Woks allow you to cook with less oil and evenly distribute heat, which is a massive help if you like to cook complicated meals that require higher heat settings.
There are various types of electric woks on the market, and despite most of them having great standard features, some models just take it to another level. So we took it upon ourselves to test out and review the five best electric wok models for you.
At a Glance:
The 5 Best Electric Woks in 2022
Whether you’re preparing multiple dishes for a party or want to avoid standing in front of the stove for a long time, electric woks always come in handy! And our complete guide below will assist you in selecting the best one for your needs.
1. Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok – Best Overall
- Stainless steel base / Die cast wok bowl with Quantanium non stick
- 6 Quart Capacity / 14" Diameter (family size)
- Removable temperature Control probe
- Cook 'n' Look glass lid
- Dishwasher safe bowl and lid
The Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok is an electric wok made of stainless steel. It outperforms most of the models on the market, making it one of the best electric woks you can get your hands on.
It does an impressively good job at stir-frying, boiling, and stewing your favorite dishes, thanks to its maximum temperature of 425°F. In addition, the nonstick surface makes it simple to clean, regardless of what was cooked.
The Breville Hot Wok offers a 1500-watt butterfly element for heating. The temperature of this heating element means that the wok’s walls heat up evenly, allowing it to heat your food from all angles.
In addition, there are several heat-sensitive layers that allow the heating element to keep cooking at a high temperature for hours on end, so you’ll be able to prepare all kinds of foods and cook several dishes at a time.
This electric wok has a creative temperature control setting; you can set the temperature you require without constantly changing the burner setting, thanks to the 15 different heat settings that help retain heat.
The Breville Hot Wok is very durable as it’s made of stainless steel, which helps cook food more quickly due to its premium heat distribution features.
The BEW600XL’s dimensions are 17.8*9.2*17.8 inches, and the cooking bowl dimension is 14 inches in diameter. These dimensions enable you to cook large quantities of food, making it perfect for meal prep or hosting family and friends for dinner.
The tempered glass cover on this wok allows you to see what’s cooking without removing the lid and letting all the heat escape. This tempered glass lid also helps preserve flavors and retain moisture in your ingredients. And there’s also a steam vent, which allows for perfectly steamed food.
This wok provides nonstick durability with a high-quality bowl made of Quantanium stainless steel, which boosts a healthier eating habits since you’ll be able to cook with less butter and oil.
Breville says that the BEW600XL’s is dishwasher safe. But, in our experience, we found that the coating is easily scratched, so it’s safer to wash it with a non-abrasive cleaning agent and a smooth sponge.
- Tempered glass lid
- 15 temperature settings
- Quantanium stainless steel design
- Heats up to 425°F
- Nonstick surface scratches easily
- Relatively pricey
The Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok is one of the best models on the market; it’s nonstick, has a large cooking capacity, allows you to choose from 15 temperature control settings. So it’s definitely our top pick.
2. Aroma Housewares AEW-306 Electric Wok – Best Budget
- THE COMPLETE WOK KIT: Our wok pan comes with everything you need to cook authentic Asian and modern dishes. Each pack comes with an AEW-306 wok, high domed tempered glass lid, extra-long chopsticks to help you cook along with a steaming rack and a tempura rack. Power Consumption : 120V 60Hz 1500W
- LARGE SIZE & QUICK HEAT UP: This large 5-Quart capacity wok gives you all the space you need to make anything you have in mind. It’s made to handle high temperatures, heat up rapidly and maintain the heat so you can make cooking delicious meals faster and easier
- DURABLE & NONSTICK: Our stir fry pan is made using durable and heavy-duty cast aluminum that can handle daily use in the long run which coupled with the nonstick coating provides you with a simple way to cook even the messiest of dishes without worrying about lengthy cleanups
- COOK LIKE A PRO: The wok with lid is designed with a temperature probe that allows you to maintain a consistent temperature for even cooking. The lid is designed with a steam vent that allows you to control the moisture when cooking or steaming giving you the freedom to make stir fry, soups, fajitas, fried tempura, and much more
- EASY TO HANDLE & CLEAN: The cool-touch base and handles make it easier and safer to use the wok while keeping you in control. The entire wok can easily be disassembled and detached from the base to be cleaned in the dishwasher or hand-washed in the sink
The Aroma Housewares AEW-306 Electric wok is one of the best affordable electric woks available. It has a modern design, heats quickly, and maintains high temperatures while cooking. As such, you’ll find that this wok is valuable for its price.; it’s a mid-priced electric wok that’s built to last.
This electric wok will assist you in making stir-fry, steamed vegetables, and other dishes while giving you the sensation of eating the tastiest food with the most authentic Asian flavors right from your kitchen.
It has a large cooking capacity of 7-quart. That’s why it’s considered better and more practical than normal-sized woks. With this 7–quart capacity, you could cook a large dish with a lot of ingredients to feed a big family gathering for a party.
This model from Aroma is also highly versatile, thanks to its temperature control settings. This wok’s 1,400-watt power allows it to do more than stir fry; you can use it to steam or braise your meal ingredients.
This electric wok comes with a temperature dial along with low and high-temperature settings. You can adjust the temperature with the level of heat that suits the dish you’re preparing, whether you’re preparing a stir-fry or even making homemade French fries.
Furthermore, unlike the previous model from the company, Aroma Housewares AEW 305, the 306 won’t upset your electricity bill because it’s made of thin metal, which makes for better power consumption.
Thanks to its dependable and long-lasting metallic construction, the Aroma AEW-306 is built to withstand anything you can throw at it. Likewise, the ultra-sturdy handles make this sturdy model ever sturdier. All in all, this wok’s design is durable, which means it’d last with you for a long time.
Because the base and handles are heat-resistant, the Aroma Housewares AEW wok is both safe and straightforward to use. The wok’s dome lid is made of tempered glass with an adjusted steam vent which allows the lid to fit snugly.
In addition, this lid creates an airtight seal, preventing accidental spillovers and leakage.
The Aroma Houseware Professional AEW-306 Electric Wok is dishwasher safe. The inner nonstick coating makes it easy to clean, and it’s simple to disassemble and remove from the base for hand washing or dishwasher use.
- Is nonstick
- Has heat-resistant handles
- Is easy to disassemble and clean
- Unmarked heat control settings
- Nonstick coating could be better
The Aroma Houseware AEW-306 Electric Wok is a budget choice that’s built to last longer. Its large cooking capacity of 7-quart, 1400-watt power, and dishwasher-friendly materials make it the ideal choice with the best value for money.
3. Presto Stainless Steel Electric Wok – Best Portable
- A 1500W heating element provides the high searing temperatures needed for stir-fry cooking
- Wok and cover are fully immersible and dishwasher safe with the heat control removed
- Its special Control Master heat control maintains cooking temperatures automatically
- Equipped with an aluminum-clad base that helps facilitate even heating
- Has a tempered glass cover with stainless steel rim and handle
The Presto Stainless Steel Electric Wok has a significant 1500-watt power range. In addition, this wok is highly portable. Because it’s lightweight, you’ll be able to take it to the dining room table or even the outdoor dining area so the whole family would share the fresh meal.
This model has a sturdy and opulent stainless-steel design. It’s designed with stainless-steel loop handles on each side, making it easier to move the wok from one location to another if necessary. It also has an aluminum base, enabling even and rapid heat distribution when cooking.
The electric wok can hold 7 quarts of food, making it suitable for large family meals. It measures 17*14*10 inches, so it has a modest size that will enable you to place it comfortably on your countertop, keep it in your cupboard for storage, or even take it along with you in your car trunk.
The base incorporates 1500-watt heating, allowing for quick heating times and even cooking all over. So, you’ll be able to cook food quickly with this high-heating element that ensures even distribution of heat all over the pot.
The Presto Stainless Steel Electric Wok can also be used as a deep fryer or a steamer to prepare Asian dishes. It generates heat quickly without consuming any oil or fat. So, it’s also perfect for sizzling stir-fry and searing vegetables.
However, one of the most significant disadvantages is the lack of a nonstick coating, which would’ve allowed for easier cooking and cleanup. That means that you’ll need to season the pan to keep food from sticking to it. This disadvantage can be a deal-breaker for some people. But, overall, it’s an excellent purchase. It has a rigid design that allows it to withstand heavy use.
Also, the wok and its lid are dishwasher safe and can be detached from the base for easy cleaning, and both are supposedly dishwasher friendly. However, we found that putting the wok in the dishwasher can cause the aluminum interior to discolor due to the abrasive detergents.
So, we’d highly recommend handwashing it with some non-abrasive brush and dish soap, or you can add a small amount of water to the wok and heat it to 250°F. Once the water is boiling, use the wooden spatula to scrape away any food residue.
- Tempered glass lid
- Sturdy aluminum base
- Large capacity
- Handles aren’t heat-resistant
- Isn’t nonstick
The Presto Stainless Steel Electric Wok is a great option if portability is one of your top priorities. It’s sturdy and quite versatile in its uses; you can pretty much cook anything in, from stir-frying to deep-frying, nothing will stand in your way.
4. Professional Series Electric Wok – Best Versatile Use
- CONVENIENT SPACE to add to your cooking area with this electric wok pan and make all your recipes with ease
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL body and non-stick surface for quality results
- SIDE HANDLES and tempered glass lid let you handle with care and no splattered mess
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE control to cook evenly
- MEASURES 16 5L x 14W x 7 5H" Inches with 900watt power
With the Professional Series Electric Wok, you can easily make all of your favorite braised, deep-fried, steamed, or stir-fried dishes. Better yet, no pre-seasoning whatsoever is needed for the durable stainless surface. Steaming is now easier, thanks to the adjustable temperature control, easy side handles, and tempered glass top.
Because of the wok’s long-lasting stainless-steel body and inner nonstick coating, it keeps food from sticking and makes cooking easier. Furthermore, a nonstick surface is easier to clean than a standard one, as it only requires wiping the inside of the wok with a damp towel once it has cooled.
The Professional Series Chef Electric Wok produces uniform heat distribution and the highest cooking temperature of 440-460°F with a centralized heat source and a spacious 16-inch cooking area to provide you with immaculate and perfect cooking.
The Professional Series Chef nonstick electric wok includes a tempered glass lid. However, the glass lid has a hard plastic knob above it instead of a steel or aluminum handle. And while the lid knob isn’t as durable as metal, the clear glass cover allows you to see what’s inside. The glass cover is ideal for beginners learning to cook and must continually monitor their meals.
On the flip side, the Professional Series Chef Electric Wok is only 16.5 * 14 * 7.5 inches with a somewhat short cord that’s 29 inches long, but it’s not that big of a deal! You can free up more space in your kitchen closer to an available plug and still prepare all of your favorite meals.
And despite this appealing wok being a good performer, it isn’t the biggest or most powerful. However, with only 900 watts and a 4.5-quart capacity, it would do a great job with a family with a few members. It’s also not safe to put the wok in the dishwasher despite it having a nonstick surface. Instead, you’ll need to handwash it yourself.
- Ideal for small families
- Adjustable temperature controls
- High cooking temperature
- Cool-touch handles
- Not dishwasher safe
- Short power cord
The Professional Series Electric Wok is a versatile cooking tool made of durable stainless steel which distributes the heat evenly. It has 900W power, adjustable temperature control settings, and a tempered glass lid for perfect cooking.
5. Nuwave Mosaic Induction Wok – Best Cooking Surface
- MAKE ADJUSTMENTS ON-THE-FLY – Want hotter temperature or need to cook it longer? Simply adjust on-the-fly any time. The digital controls are easy to operate, and the response is immediate. Adjust the temperature from 100°F - 575°F in 5°F increments. Add or deduct cooking time without starting the cooking process over again. NUWAVE is the first to revolutionize the industry by introducing precision temperatures to induction cooking.
- FAST AND EFFICIENT – The carbon steel wok is custom-made for the Mosaic’s induction base, ensuring the curvature of the wok and the base match perfectly. This means that the total surface of the wok comes in contact with the induction surface, ensuring every part of the wok heats up quickly and evenly every time. Ensuring no hot or cold spots for optional cooking experience. With no open flames the Induction Wok cooks faster with virtually no wasted heat and safer than any traditional wok.
- HIGH QUALITY CONSTRUCTION – The Mosaic’s 14-inch carbon steel wok study, lightweight, and easy to season. The unique material and curvature of the wok can reach the perfect stir-frying temperature in less than a minute. The wok also includes an easy grip silicone handle that remains cool to the touch while cooking. With the combination of the Mosaic induction base and carbon steel wok, you can now achieve “Wok Hei” to infuse complex charred aroma and flavors into your favorite dish.
- TRADITION AND TECHNOLOGY COMBINED – With induction technology you get even heat distribution and precise temperature control, wide temperature range, carbon steel wok, tempered glass lid, stainless-steel frying rack, digital timer and wattage control, all combined to be the most complete wok cooking package ever!
- ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES – The NuWave Mosaic Wok lets you make a homemade stir-fry or fried rice in as little as 5 minutes. Beyond stir-fry, the Mosaic is great for soups, pastas, fajitas and even desserts. It is designed to work well when the power source is less than ideal. With 3 wattage settings of 600, 900 and 1500 watts, you can cook anywhere. Now It’s easy to prepare healthy, great tasting meals with a touch of a button.
One of the best electric woks you’ll ever buy is the 14-inch Nuwave Mosaic Induction Wok. This electric wok is unique because of its induction cooking surface and the separate Carbon Steel wok.
When these two pieces are combined together, they create the highest heat cooking experience without the risk of being hurt with burns from intense flames.
The wok also has dialed temperature controls which enable you to either increase or decrease the temperature from 5 °F up to 575 °F. Not to mention how the food comes out delicious and is consistent every time, thanks to the significant 5-quart cooking capacity, which allows adding a lot of delicious ingredients at the same time.
In addition, the Nuwave Mosaic wok offers various heat patterns, precision, versatility, and control that far surpass any other technology found in other wok models.
The Nuwave Mosaic Induction Wok is a true authentic styled wok. However, because of its Carbon Steel surface, it needs to be seasoned after each use. And while that may not be the most convenient thing ever, it means that the more you use it, the better it gets!
It has a significant 5-quart cooking capacity, digital timer, wattage control, tempered glass lid, and frying pan rack, making it one of the most comprehensive wok cooking sets available.
- Reaches high temperatures quickly
- Traditional round bottom, long handle, and carbon steel material
- Can be removed from the base while cooking
- Carbon steel requires seasoning and extra care
- Relatively pricey
The NuWave Mosaic induction wok set is a unique wok! It has an induction cooking surface along with a separate Carbon Steel wok, heats much faster than competitor models with a heat range of up to 575°F, and is super easy to use and clean.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Electric Wok
We know it can be pretty challenging to find a suitable model these days since there are so many to choose from. So, we’ll help you list several factors that you need to keep in mind to pick the wok that will suit your needs.
The material of the electric wok is essential. But, unfortunately, your options are limited! With electric woks, you’re mostly limited to traditional stainless steel or nonstick coatings on highly conductive metals such as aluminum.
Cooking with nonstick is easy; it doesn’t require oil while enabling you to stir-fry, boil, stew, and even deep fry your food. You’ll be able to cook various healthy dishes for so many people in no time.
Unfortunately, the high temperatures can wear nonstick coatings out faster. In addition, you’ll need to be really careful not to use metal utensils to preserve the inner coating for longer.
On the other hand, stainless steel is much more durable. Yes, you’ll need to use some elbow grease when cleaning it, but it basically has no expiry date, and it’ll allow you to use whichever utensils you like.
When purchasing an electric wok, it’s critical to consider more than just the inner vessel material. Because of thick sauces, stuck-on meat, and a lot of searing, it’s essential to think about cleanup when selecting your model.
Most electric woks have detachable parts that can be conveniently washed, scrubbed, or even put in the dishwasher. These detachable parts will also allow you to clean the base effectively. It’s also recommended to look for models with a convenient detachable power cord as well.
Speaking of power cords, consider their lengths and where they’re located to ensure that they’ll work in your kitchen because if they’re not long enough, you’ll have to get an extension cable to use it, which is highly inconvenient.
Electric woks are usually available in sizes suitable for large families, thanks to their wide mouth diameters, high walls, and bowl-shaped interiors.
Because electric woks sit on a stand, they can be made with higher walls than pan-types, giving you more cooking space and a barrier thick enough to tumble with abandon without having to call “meat overboard!”
Most electric woks typically have 12 inches or more of cooking space, making them ideal for batch cooking or cooking for the entire family. Every extra inch will make a significant difference!
So, a 12- to 14-inch wok is a good size for cooking a meal for three to four people, allowing you to stir-fry a generous amount of food without crowding.
The one consistent theme throughout all wok references is heat! So, when it comes to your electric wok, you want as much heat as possible.
Most electric woks have a power rating of around 1500 watts, the same as the maximum power rating for electric skillets. It’s modest power and will help you achieve a lot in the cooking department, and most importantly, it won’t upset your electric bill.
But, if you need more power, then go for higher watts! Some models can produce up to 1800 watts.
You’ll need a model with reasonable temperature control that can quickly heat up and cool down. For electric woks, precision is less critical than responsiveness.
Because if your wok’s temperature control isn’t responsive quick enough to cool down once you turn it off, it might very well result in a burned meal.
The lid of your wok can be transparent (typically made of glass) or opaque (completely closed). We recommend that you pick a wok with a glass or transparent lid so that you can check the progress of the dish without removing the lid and letting the heat escape.
Choose a lid with a sturdy built-in handle that won’t get too hot during cooking.
Electric woks can be pretty heavy. That’s why you should look for a wok with built-in side handles—handles that will allow you to move it from one location to another easily.
Furthermore, many manufacturers have developed “cool handles,” typically made of materials that won’t become too hot while the dish is cooking.
The bottom of an electric wok can be flat or rounded. Most traditional Asian woks have a rounded bottom, making it easier to make delicious stir-fry and other Asian dishes because it prevents sticking. However, a flat-bottomed wok can usually produce nearly identical results if you’re not a detail-oriented person.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Is Better Electric Or Stove Top Wok?
Electric woks have a significant advantage over stovetop woks in that they don’t need to be seasoned. A traditional wok must go through a somewhat complicated seasoning process to avoid future sticking issues—Nonstick electric woks aid in preventing this process.
Another advantage of using an electric wok is that you don’t have to choose between a round-bottom and a flat-bottom stovetop wok. The electric version includes a stand. It can also be used independently, freeing up stovetop space.
An electric wok is also easier to clean than a traditional wok. You can use dish soap to clean electrics, but it may remove any seasoning you’ve applied to the stovetop wok.
How Hot Do Electric Woks Get?
Most kinds of electric woks have a temperature range from 150°F to 446°F, and they adjust their temperature quickly, heating and cooling very fast.
Some models have a rotary dial that has four heat settings: Warm (176°F), Low (302°F), Medium (374°F), and High (446°F).
Now, after listing the features of the best electric wok, you’d be able to choose your best fit.
We recommend the nonstick Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok, the best of all with its large cooking capacity and the 1500-watt butterfly heating element. Plus, it’s dishwasher safe.
If you’re looking for a general-purpose electric wok, then you should get the Professional Series Electric Wok. It has adjustable temperature control to help you cook all of your favorite braising, deep-frying, steaming, or stir-fry dishes.
If you want a lightweight electric wok that allows you to serve food directly from it, the Presto Stainless Steel Electric Wok is the one. In addition, it has a small size, so you could place it anywhere in your kitchen.
Finally, go with the Aroma Housewares AEW-306 Electric wok if you’re on a tight budget. It’s one of the best low-cost models with a slew of great features.