This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on January 2, 2024
Store-bought nut milk isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Not only is it way less nutritious than fresh milk, but buying it also wastes so much plastic and cartons.
So, if you want to make your own dairy-free milk at home for health benefits, you’ve come to the right place. I’ll show you the best nut milk makers on the market and tell you why I think they’re the best. I’ll also discuss their weak points so you can really know what you’ll be dealing with.
At a Glance:
- ChefWave Milkmade Vegan Milk Maker – Best Overall
- Almond Cow Milk Maker – Most Time-Efficient
- Nutr Milk Maker Machine – Best for Single-Servings
- Tribest Soyabella Milk Maker – Most Versatile
- NutraMilk Nut Processor Machine – Best High-End
- Instant Pot Ace Nova Blender – Best Large Capacity
- Chef’n Nut Milk Maker – Most Affordable
- Chufamix Vegan Milker – Most User-Friendly
Best Nut Milk Makers in 2022
Now, let’s have an in-depth look at the top nut milk makers on the market.
1. ChefWave Milkmade Vegan Milk Maker – Best Overall
- 6 in 1 Plant Based Milk Maker Machine: Make non-dairy milk alternatives at home. One-touch preset programs - Almond Milk, Oat Milk, Soy Milk, Cashew Milk, Macadamia Milk, Coconut Milk. Customizable flavors - Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, and more!
- Health and Benefits: Pressurized steam, heat and blend technology to eliminate the enzyme inhibitors in raw ingredients that ensure the milk is safe to consume. Rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and protein. Naturally lactose free.
- Convenient: No prep work or clean up needed / Auto-clean function / Delay-start option / Includes glass pitcher for easy and quick storage
- Adjustable brew capacity: 10oz or 20oz batch sizes.
- 1-Year Chefwave Warranty: We want to ensure that you’re satisfied with our products. Money back guarantee. This warranty covers parts and labor so that you can enjoy using it worry-free! ETL Certified.
The Milkmade milk maker from ChefWave is the top when it comes to efficiency and ease of use. Not only does this milk maker come with six preset functions, but it also only requires a little more than a tablespoon of nuts to make a whole pitcher of milk.
Depending on how much milk you want, you can set your milk-making cycle to 10 or 20 ounces, and the best thing is, once the machine is done, it can clean itself due to its brilliant self-cleaning function!
Oh, and let me mention the delay-start feature that enables you to schedule when your milk should be ready in the morning. That way, you can have your milk exactly when you need it without having to wait by the machine until it’s done.
Now, I’ll say this; the nut milk made by this machine may occasionally require a bit of straining for that perfectly smooth, grit-free texture. Still, when you compare this tiny drawback to all that you’re getting, you’ll see why this machine is one of my absolute favorites.
- Easy to use and has a self-cleaning function
- Has a start-delay feature
- Cost-saving as it doesn’t require a lot of nuts
- Six presets (soy milk, almond milk, cashew milk, macadamia milk, coconut milk, and oat milk)
- No nut-soaking required
- Milk always comes out hot ( 180℉) and occasionally needs to be strained
When you consider its start-delay function, ChefWave Milkmade is the optimum choice for early birds who like to drink nut milk with their morning coffee.
2. Almond Cow Milk Maker – Most Time-Efficient
- The Modern Way to Drink Milk - The Almond Cow Machine is an economical, planet-friendly alternative to buying cartons of plant-based milk. Ensure quality ingredients and know exactly what’s in your milk when you use this nut milk machine.
- Make Your Vegan Milk At Home - With a nut milk maker, you don’t have to wait for fresh plant-based milk to be delivered to your doorsteps. Our milk maker measures 12 x 9.5 x 6.5 inches and makes 5-6 cups of milk per batch.
- Versatile and Sustainable - Use your preferred nut, seed, or grain to make pure, homemade plant-based milk in moments. Our vegan milk machine consists of different parts that work together to create delicious, nutritious plant-based milk.
- No Mess, No Fuss, Easy Cleanup - Wondering how to make almond milk using this plant milk maker? Pour your ingredients into the vegan milk machine, press the button, and you'll have fresh milk in seconds. It’s completely hassle-free – just the way it should be!
- No Straining Needed - Our almond milk maker separates the pulp from the milk so you don't have to. Ditch your nut milk bag and switch to this plant-based milk maker.
When you compare the run time of the Almond Cow Milk Maker to any other nut milk maker out there, you’ll find that no one can beat this beauty. Just give it one minute, and you’ll have yourself six glasses worth of milk. Other milk makers take 10-20 minutes to make the same amount, and sometimes even less.
Now, it does use more nuts than the Milkmade, requiring a nut-to-water ratio of 1:2. That’s because it can’t completely pulverize the nuts.
Still, its mesh strainer makes sure to remove any residual nut particles, giving you the smoothest milk possible. And thanks to its special creamer cup, the Almond Cow produces thick, creamy nut milk perfect for making lattes and smoothies.
- Incredibly fast
- Can produce up to six cups in one batch
- Can make thick creamers
- Can make milk from nuts, seeds, and grains
- A bit pricey
- Requires a lot of nuts
If you have a need for speed, then get the Almond Cow Milk Maker. With it, you’ll be having nut milk in a minute, but keep in mind that you’ll use a considerable amount of nuts.
3. Nutr Milk Maker Machine – Best for Single-Servings
- NUT MILK MAKER: Prepare homemade plant-based milk in minutes. Nutr provides a mess free, non-dairy beverage making experience. Our machine blends nuts and grains to achieve a smooth, rich and creamy milk. Plus make a variety of hot & cold plant-based beverages, including creamers, lattes, smoothies, shakes and more! Check out Nutr’s tried & true recipes, or get creative in your kitchen
- MACHINE FEATURES: Easy to use: pour in your choice of nut & flavoring ingredients, add water, and blend; Machine comes with 2 stainless steel measuring scoops, stainless steel strainer, cleaning brush, power cord, and recipe book. Makes 8-13oz of beverage to have fresh milk daily!
- 3 HEAT SETTINGS: Enjoy both iced and warmed beverages! Room Temperature setting for oat and chilled milks, Warm (140 degrees) for warm beverages and creamers, or Hot (212 degrees) for boiling soy & rice milks for safe consumption. Plus use as an electric tea kettle with Water Boil, and Self Clean for a 90 sec rinse cycle and easy clean up! Delay start up to 18 hours to pre-soak your nuts for an even creamier result.
- SUSTAINABLE PROMISE: Ditch the emissions heavy dairy industry and store-bought milk cartons and use the Nutr Machine to make your favorite types of milk at home. Nutr partners with One Tree Planted, a program that plants a tree for each Nutr Machine sold.
- KNOW WHAT’S IN YOUR MILK: Nutr allows you to take control of your nutrition. Store bought nut milk brands can contain unhealthy preservatives and additives. With Nutr, you choose what goes into your milk. Use our recipe book to get started using Nutr regularly.
If your household isn’t a fan of homemade nut milk, then the Nutr is the machine you need.
It only makes about 1.5 cups of milk at a time, meaning that you won’t have enough nut milk to go bad, and thankfully, the princess only takes five minutes. While this isn’t the fastest nut milk maker out there, it’s not the slowest either.
What I love about the Nutr is that it has settings for hot, warm, and room temp milk. So, whether you want to have a bowl of cereal or some hot cocoa, Nutr Milk Maker has got you covered.
You can even use this machine as a tea kettle due to the “water boil” function, and thankfully, it also has a self-clean that makes having milk almost every day pretty much hassle-free.
- You can make oat, soy, almond, rice milk, and more
- Takes up little space
- Perfect for single servings, which doesn’t allow for nut milk waste
- Three temperature settings
- Self-cleaning function
- Its delay function is sometimes faulty
- Manual cleaning is a bit challenging due to the proximity of the electrical parts to the unclean parts
If it’s just you in your house who drinks nut milk, then the Nutr will be perfect for you. It’ll make enough milk for you to enjoy, and you can have it at any temperature you want.
4. Tribest Soyabella Milk Maker – Most Versatile
- Electric Milk Maker: Soyabella milk maker machine makes fresh and heated soy milk, almond milk, rice milk, and cashew milk in just 15 minutes and unheated, raw plant-based milk in as little as 30 seconds
- Versatile Grinding Function: The grinding blades of this soy milk maker grind coffee beans, flax seeds, spices, and other dry ingredients to a smooth, light consistency with their patented helical structure and serrated edge
- Temperature Control: This nut milk maker features different program settings that allow you to control temperature and grinding time with a single touch; built-in safety features prevent messes that can be caused by overflows, dry heating, or overheating
- Food-Safe Structure: Almond milk maker with stainless steel carafe, screens, and grinding blade with BPA-free motorhead ensures your beverages do not come in contact with harmful chemicals; no exposed heating coil makes it easy to clean
- Set Includes: The almond milk maker machine comes with a stainless steel chamber, a motorhead with a grinding blade, milk screen, rice paste screen, grinding cup, measuring and utility cup, cleaning pad and brush, power cord, and a user manual
The Tribest Soyabella Milk Maker is a must-have for any kitchen. Though its name implies that it can only make soy milk, it’s also capable of making delicious homemade almond milk, cashew milk, and any other plant-based milk you want.
The Soyabella can make raw plant-based milk in just 30 seconds, thanks to its powerful serrated, helical blades. Accordingly, this makes it the perfect nut milk machine for raw vegans.
And if you enjoy a warm glass of nut milk, then the heat setting of this machine will ensure you have just the right level of hotness in 15-20 minutes. The crowning glory of this machine is that it can also be used to make rice paste and blended soups. It can even grind coffee beans and spices as finely as any grinder out there.
- Powerful blades ensure smooth nut milk
- Can make raw nut milk in 30 seconds
- Large capacity
- Comes with different heat settings
- Reasonable price
- Heating element is cleverly concealed for easy clean-up
- Can take a long time to heat up
Go with the Tribest Soyabella Milk Maker if you’re looking for more than a nut milk maker. This machine can be used to make other things like soups and purees, but the best thing about it is that it can make smooth raw nut milk in just 30 seconds.
5. NutraMilk Nut Processor Machine – Best High-End
Not only is the NutraMilk Nut Processor an excellent almond milk maker, but it’s also capable of making the most wonderful nut butter. This is all thanks to its powerful blades and 500W motor that can grind nuts in a few minutes.
Basically, with this machine, all you need to do is put in any type of nut (raw or roasted, soaked or unsoaked), and the NutraMilk will give you three cups worth of nut butter with a press of a button.
As for nut milk, pour water into the processor, and the nut butter will be transformed into the smoothest and creamiest nut milk ever, thanks to this machine’s amazing mesh filter. So, with the NutraMilk, you don’t have to use a strainer or cheesecloth.
You can also have up to eight glasses of creamy nut milk after only 5-12 minutes. And even though this machine isn’t self-cleaning, its components are dishwasher safe, and it comes with a cleaning brush.
- Can make nut butter and up to two liters of milk
- Can be used with unsoaked nuts
- Dishwasher safe
- No need to strain the milk
- Processes grains, nuts, and seeds
- Quite expensive
No machine is better for making large volumes of nut milk than the NutraMilk Nut Processor. With a press of a button, you can have two liters of delicious nut milk in just 5-12 minutes.
6. Instant Pot Ace Nova Blender – Best Large Capacity
- Easily and quickly make smoothies, icy treats, nut butters, nut milk, oat milk, soy milk and rice milk. Or customize the cooking temperature for full control when cooking soups, purées, sauces, dips and even baby food.
- Automatically keeps food warm for up to 2 hours after hot blending
- Treat yourself: Easily make frozen treats, milkshakes, puddings, Frappuccino’s, cake and brownie batter, pie dough and more
- Tasty Smoothies: Zip through ingredients with this powerhouse 25,000RPM 10-speed customizable countertop blender making smoothies nutritious and tasty
- The Smart Program for cleaning removes most food and residue from the pitcher and blades in under 60 seconds. Any leftover mess is easily scrubbed away with the included cleaning brush.
If you need to make large quantities of nut milk daily without having to pay $400+ for a nut milk maker, then the Instant Pot Ace Vove Blender will solve your dilemma.
This blender can make you 1.6 liters of nut milk for less than half of the price of a large-capacity nut milk maker. The only catch here is that you’ll need to use a nut milk bag or a cheesecloth to filter the milk, as the blender doesn’t come with a mesh.
Still, when you think about how many other uses you can get out of this appliance, the nut milk bag will seem like nothing.
This product also has eight different presets, including ones for homemade oat milk, soy milk, rice milk, and of course, nut milk. It can even make crushed ice, smoothies, soups, purees, and anything else you can imagine.
- 1.6-liter capacity
- Reasonable price
- Cleans itself due to its Smart Program
- Doesn’t have a self-straining function
If you don’t think paying money for a nut maker is a good investment, then get yourself the Instant Pot Ace Nova Blender. With it, you’ll be able to make a good amount of nut milk, though you’ll need to strain it with a nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
7. Chef’n Nut Milk Maker – Most Affordable
- ALTERNATIVE KINDS OF MILK: Make nut and oat milk at home. Perfect for vegans, lactose intolerants and those that want to reduce waste and energy consumption
- PERFECT TOOL FOR THE JOB: Recipe book included with detailed instructions on how to make Almond, Hazelnut, Oat and Coconut milk
- TOTAL PACKAGE: Reusable mesh filter and silicone spill-proof lid for storage
- AT HOME: Ensure only the healthiest ingredients make it in your natural drinks by making them at home
- EASY TO CLEAN: Glass carafe is top-rack dishwasher safe. Hand wash recommended on mesh filter
If you’ve already been making your own nut milk with a blender and a cheesecloth, then you know how arduous the process can get. So, if you want to make nut milk with no hassle and don’t want to splurge on a new kitchen appliance, then the Chef’n Nut Milk Maker will be just the thing for you.
This appliance is the ultimate strainer and preserver of nut milk. Basically, you soak your nuts for a few hours, throw them in the blender, and pour the nut milk into the Chef’n. Its reusable mesh filter will then get rid of all the gritty particles, leaving you with velvety smooth nut milk in less than 30 minutes.
- Compact, but can make up to 32 ounces.
- Easy to clean
- Can be used to make all sorts of homemade plant-based milk
- The user must have a blender
If all that’s been missing from your kitchen is a good way to strain your milk, then save some bucks and get the Chef’n Milk Maker. It’ll transform your blended nut milk from gritty to smooth in no time.
8. Chufamix Nut Milker – Most User-Friendly
- 3 YEARS WARRANTY // 100% MADE IN EUROPE. 4 stackable pieces: filter, mortar, jar and a lid. Black colour. Stainless steel mesh. Plastic free of toxic components of EU & USA origin. Can be used with hot water up to 210ºF (100ºC). Certified by TÜV Rheinland and Bureau Veritas in Germany, and the Plastics Technology Centre in Spain.
- EMULSION FUNCTION: In combination with a Hand Blender or Immersion Blender (NOT INCLUDED) Vegan Milker grinds and filters at the same time driving a unique patented emulsion that makes creamier plant milks and tasty combinations of coffee (from whole grains, nuts, soy, flakes, etc.). 1 MINUTE to emulsify 1 liter, 1 minute to squeeze the pulp with the mortar and 1 minute to clean the whole tool. Please watch the in-use videos.
- STRAINER FUNCTION: By previously crushing the seeds in a blender or food processor, you can also us Vegan Milker as a mere strainer using its mortar to press the leftover pulp. Please watch the in-use videos.
- FREE RECIPE E-BOOK. Learn how to make coffee combinations, rice milk, coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, and any other lactose or dairy free and gluten free milk from any nut, grain or seed.Turn the leftover pulp into easy vegan dishes. Welcome to the Zero Waste way of healthy living & thinking!
- Despite we are a little company based in Spain (Europe) swimming against the tide manufacturing at home (video on our Store), we became the #1 TOP SELLING in two categories in Europe ("Immersion Blender Accesories" and "Kitchen tools or machines to make nut & soy milk"). Please watch the in-use videos on our Store or just contact and ask if any doubt. Thanks!
Similar to the Chef’n Nut Milk Maker, the Chufamix doesn’t have any motorized blades, but it has one heck of a strainer.
Essentially, all you need to do is add your nuts and water to the device, start up your hand blender, and the nut milk will automatically be filtered in 5-10 minutes. After that, take out the filter, stir the pulp a bit, then place the mortar in the filter and press to get out those last remaining milk drops.
Of course, you can use a regular blender if you don’t have a hand blender, though the process will take a bit more time. Nevertheless, both methods work, and you’ll have an easy time cleaning the product after you take out the leftover pulp.
- Easy to use and clean
- Filters and emulsifies nut milk in a short time
- Works with any hand blender/stab mixer
- Doesn’t come with a hand blender
If you’ve got a good hand blender, the Chufamix Nut Milker will be more than enough to satisfy your nut milk cravings. Just make sure to use the included mortar to squeeze out as much milk as you can from the pulp.
Buying Guide for Nut Milk Makers
When it comes to making milk at home, your milk maker needs to suit your lifestyle and preferences. So, here are a few things you should consider before buying any nut milk maker.
First off, see how much milk a milk maker can make in a single run, and remember, bigger isn’t always better.
Like cow’s milk, nut milk will go bad in 3-7 days. So, if you won’t be drinking a lot of non-dairy milk on the regular, opt for smaller nut milkers.
While having a nut milk maker in your home is wonderful, it still costs a pretty buck and takes up considerable space in your kitchen. So, if you’ll be getting one, try to find one that can also be used for other things like dips, soups, purees, and even coffee.
We don’t have a lot of patience nowadays, so the faster the milk maker, the more you’ll end up using it.
Accordingly, try to look for nut makers with a fast-running cycle. Anything under 10 minutes should be okay, but non-dairy milk makers under the five-minute mark are ideal.
Nut milk needs to be thoroughly filtered and strained to taste good. So, an essential feature of any nut milker is whether it has a filter function.
Sure, you can filter your milk manually, but this takes time and effort. So, if you’ll be paying for a new appliance, you might as well save yourself the hard work.
If you’re looking to make plant-based milk, then any milk maker on this list should do the trick. Still, the ChefWave Milkmade and the Almond Cow milk makers are probably the best machines for the job. They’re both extremely convenient and easy to use, and their price isn’t too bad.
However, if you’ve found something else that better suits your needs and price range, then go with that nut milk maker.