This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on April 24, 2022
During the last couple of years, baking has become a popular pastime with people all over the world. Now, whether you want to try your hand at baking bread or delicious French pastries, you need to have a good oven to achieve good results.
However, not all people have the space or the budget for a full-size oven. Accordingly, people turned to countertop ovens and started exploring their options.
Still, there are various types of ovens out there, including ones with a convection setting or an air-fry feature. There are even some oven-stove combinations available. So, how can you decide on an oven when you’re overwhelmed by the numerous choices? Do you just choose from the higher-end models and call it a day?
Well, you don’t have to do that as we’ve scoured the internet to find the best countertop ovens for baking. So, keep reading to find the best oven for your needs.
At a Glance:
The 11 Best Countertop Ovens for Baking in 2022
To help you make your decision, we’ve listed down below some of the best countertop ovens we’ve managed to find as well as their advantages and disadvantages. So, take a look and see if you can find the oven of your dreams.
1- KitchenAid KCO224BM Dual Convection Oven – Best Overall
- No Flip, Perfect Air Fry Creations.The no-flip air fry basket helps make air frying easy without the need to flip ingredients halfway through the recipe.
- Never over-cook your meat again and achieve the perfect degree of doneness with the built-in temperature probe that alerts you when your desired temperature is reached.
- Cook more with 25% more* capacity and make your favorite tenderloin, whole chicken recipes, even a sheet cake or full one-pan dinner, with the included 9" x 13" baking pan. *Compared to model KCO124.
- Even-Heat Convection Technology so you can cook chicken up to 20% faster with Dual Convect Bake.* *Compared to Bake setting; 3 lb chicken.
- This countertop oven preheats fast to 350 degrees, in less than 4 minutes, so you can get your favorite dish cooking and on the table in no time.
The Dual Convection Oven from KitchenAid is an absolute gem. Not only is it a great oven, but it can also be used as an air fryer. Moreover, it has 12 different cooking features, some of which include dough puffing, dehydration, and of course, baking. These features will get you through your everyday cooking challenges without having to worry about choosing the correct time and temperature.
Still, what’s truly wonderful about this oven is the fact that it can preheat to 350 degrees in a matter of minutes. Furthermore, since it uses even-heat convection technology, you know your baked goods will come out completely cooked through and just perfect.
What We Like:
- You can easily fit a 9″ x 13″ baking tray into it
- Comes with even-heat convection technology
- Has a built-in temperature probe
- Comes with a no-flip air fryer
- Its timer can be set up to 360 minutes
- Has an interior light to check your baking without disrupting its progress
- Installed with a nonstick interior for easy cleaning
What We Don’t Like:
- Lacks proper insulation, so its exterior can get a bit hot when cooking and baking
- The temperature probe isn’t 100% accurate
- May produce a bit of smoke when using the air fryer
The KitchenAid Dual Convection oven isn’t as big as a full oven, but it functions just like one, and some may even say better. It has a variety of temperature settings and features that you can manually adjust if you’d like. Just make sure to wear your oven mittens when handling it.
2- COSORI Air Fryer-Toaster Oven Combo – Most Cooking Options
- 12 FUNCTIONS: Choose the preset that’s best for you without needing to set a temperature. Pick from Toast, Bagel, Pizza, Bake, Roast, Air Fry, Broil, Cookies, Rotisserie, Dehydrate, Ferment, or select Warm to keep your food ready to serve
- LARGE CAPACITY: Cook for 5-7 people with the 32-quart/30-litre air fryer toaster oven, which can fit a 13-inch pizza, 6 slices of bread, or an entire rotisserie chicken
- CONVECTION FUNCTION: Reduce your cooking time by using the Smart Air Fryer Toaster Oven. Use the convection fan for fast and even cooking—especially if you like crispy results. This function is perfect for a rotisserie chicken
- RECIPES & ACCESSORIES: Check out the included 100 recipe book and 6 accessories such as the crumb tray, fry basket, food tray, wire rack, and rotisserie fork set for more cooking options. To purchase a toaster oven baking set, search “CAO1-3AC”
- LESS OIL: Air fry your food with up to 85% less oil than traditional deep-fried foods, making for a simpler cooking experience. Turn your toaster oven into an air fryer
If you’re a diverse baker with a large repertoire, then this COSORI Convection Oven will be just the thing for you. Not only does it have various preset cooking functions to help perfect your bagels, cookies, and so much more, but it also comes with an interior light to make sure you don’t mess up your baked goods in the process.
Amazingly, you can also use this countertop oven as a toaster, broiler, air fryer, and rotisserie, and it comes with all the needed accessories. And best of all, it comes with a recipe book to help you take full advantage of its capabilities.
What We Like:
- User-friendly design
- Adequate capacity
- Various preset functions
- Has an interior light that turns on 1 minute before the meal is done to alert you
- Comes with a recipe book
- Offers three rack positions
- Comes with a wire rack, removable crumb tray, food tray, air fryer basket, rotisserie handle, and rotisserie fork set
What We Don’t Like:
- Tends to smoke with grease
- Hard to clean
- Can produce a loud sound with some options
- Can only take a 9″ x 13″ baking pan if it’s without a handle
This convection oven from COSORI is a wonderful device to have in your kitchen. Using it, you’ll be able to cook all your favorite meals and bake your favorite desserts. The only thing to keep in mind is that it will require frequent cleaning sessions, especially if you’re air frying food on the regular.
3- LUBY Large Countertop Toaster Oven – Most Convenient
- Large countertop oven - Enough for baking a 14-inch pizza, roasting a 20-lb turkey, a family cake or a nice tenderloin and comfortably fit 24 cup muffin trays. Four rack positions. More at a time. Usable interior dimensions are 16-3/8 W x 15-7/8 D x 8-1/2 H (upper element to rack at lowest position ).
- French door designed - When the door is open, it does not occupy the space of the desktop, and the operation is more convenient.
- Separate temperature selector - separate and precise temperature control for upper and lower racks, allows you to set two temperatures for different foods at a time, provides maximum cooking flexibility.
- Simply control & 60-minute timer - set the temperature and timer to your exact specifications using the easy-to-turn knobs. The auto shutoff and signal bell give you peace of mind that your food won't overcook once the time is up.
- Fast & even heating - Luby electric oven can be heated fast and even by the four heating Tubes. Perfect for broiling turkey, fish, baking pizzas, cookies, toasting bread and keeping food warm, just about everything!
Looking for a countertop oven that can fit a 24-muffin tray or 18 slices of bread at a time? Then, this large countertop toaster oven should be your go-to.
Not only are its dimensions large enough for almost any baking endeavor, but it also comes with four different rack positions. Moreover, it has the handy little function of auto shutoff, where the oven totally turns off once the timer is up. That way, your cookies, and cupcakes will never burn and always come out perfect.
Still, what’s truly great about this oven is the fact that you can select different temperatures for the upper and lower racks, allowing you to cook two different meals at a time. And if all that hasn’t sold you on this oven yet, then the swinging French doors that don’t take up any extra space on your countertop should.
What We Like:
- Large working dimensions (16.38 W x 15.98 D x 8.5 H)
- French doors allow you to check on food without letting too much hot air escape
- 60-minute timer and auto-shutoff function
- Different upper and lower temperature adjustments
- Beautiful and stylish exterior
- Comes with a baking tray, bake tray handle, and two wire racks
What We Don’t Like:
- Not all temperatures are specifically marked on the dial controls
- Takes quite a bit of time to heat up
- Not a convection oven
- The timer has to be used for the oven to work
- Doesn’t have an interior oven light
Even though this LUBY countertop oven will take up a lot of space on your counter, it’ll be totally worth it, given how practical it is. With it, you’ll be able to cook large meals and toast as much bread as you want. Just know it’s not a convection oven, though some websites may claim it is.
4- Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Convection Oven – Best for Large Quantities
- Countertop convection oven features convection technology for fast, even heating
- Digital settings for pizza, bake, broil, toast, and defrost
- Large interior fits 2 take and bake pizzas, a family sized chicken, or 18 slices of bread
- Easy clean interior and 90 minute timer with auto shut off feature
- Includes 2 oven racks, a baking pan, and an integrated broiling rack. Watts: 1500W
For a countertop oven that can cook large quantities of food at a time, go with the Oster Extra Large digital convection oven. Though this oven can be used for cooking small and simple meals, it was made with feeding a family in mind. As such, you can fit inside large casseroles and baking pans, no problem. Even two family-sized pizzas are no challenge for this oven.
Thankfully, this oven comes with different digital settings to make cooking various meals easier. Moreover, its interior is relatively easy to clean, unlike other ovens. The last thing worth noting is that this oven has a 90-minute timer that has an auto-shutoff feature. Accordingly, you can put your food inside and go about your day without having to worry about your food turning to a crisp.
What We Like
- Digital controls for baking, broiling, defrosting, toasting, and pizzas
- great energy efficiency as it uses 50% less energy than traditional ovens
- Large interior with two rack positions to accommodate the size of your food
- Convection technology allows fast heating and even heat distribution
- Offers a temperature range of 200-450
- Come with a baking pan, an integrated broiling rack, and two oven racks to hold all your cooking
What We Don’t Like:
- Its exterior heats up quite a bit, especially with higher temperatures
- Has a tendency to run too hot
- Doors open beyond 90 degrees with no resistance
You should pick the Oster XL convection oven if you’re looking to cook and bake large quantities of food. It works just like a regular oven but takes way less energy. Still, keep in mind to open the glass door carefully to avoid any unfortunate mishaps.
5- Wolf Gourmet Elite Convection Toaster Oven – Best High-End
- A WOLF OVEN IN COUNTERTOP FORM: Enjoy all the features of a full-size Wolf oven, like interior lighting, precise temperature control and convection heating, in a compact, energy-efficient form.
- ADVANCED CONVECTION TECHNOLOGY: Countertop convection oven continuously circulates heated air throughout for even roasting and baking with no hot spots.
- 7 COOKING MODES: Bake, Roast, Broil, Warm, Proof, Bagel and Toast functions offer you greater control and consistent, predictable results.
- PRECISION TEMPERATURE PROBE: Offers the control to cook meat to an exact preferred internal temperature for tender, precise results.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: 2 easy-glide oven racks, a baking pan with broiling rack insert and temperature probe are included so you can get cooking right away. Black knobs included to change knob color if desired.
If you’re looking for high quality and you don’t mind paying the price for it, then this elite convection toaster oven from Wolf Gourmet will do the trick.
It has everything a countertop oven should have, from various cooking modes to a precision temperature probe that guarantees your meats and cakes are at the correct internal temperature. And since it’s a convection oven, your pastries and baked goods will all be evenly heated, with no burnt edges or hot spots.
Best of all, it has five heating elements to make sure the oven’s temperatures are always accurate and consistent.
What We Like:
- Comes with a spring-loaded door that makes opening and closing smooth and gentle
- Comes with two racks that can be repositioned in three different levels
- Interior light to easily check the food’s progress
- Removable side rack holders and a nonstick interior for an easy cleaning job
- Compact, user-friendly, and energy-efficient
- Comes with silver and black knobs for customization purposes
- Can fit most 9″ x 13″ baking pans and stoneware dishes
- Comes with seven cooking modes and an integrated temperature probe
- More insulated than the regular countertop oven
What We Don’t Like:
- Quite pricey for a countertop oven
- A little bit heavy
- Takes a while to toast bread
The Wolf Gourmet Elite countertop oven will make cooking and baking as easy and as straightforward as can be. So, make sure to get it, that is, of course, if it’s within your budget.
6- Breville Mini Smart Oven – Best Smart
- The Breville Mini Smart Oven with Element iQ System is for the cook who desires a countertop oven that bakes the perfect pizza, delicious cookies and toasts evenly; Don't let Mini fool you as this space saving oven offers 8 cooking functions
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 4 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it's needed to create the ideal cooking environment for perfect results every time; Fast 1800 Watt preheat gets your meals on the table more quickly
- 8 COOKING FUNCTIONS: Super versatile mini smart oven with 8 cooking functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Bake, Broil, Pizza, Roast, Cookies and Reheat
- SMALL CAPACITY: The 16.1 x 14.2 x 10.4 inch interior fits 4 slices of toast, bagels, cookies, tuna melts, 6 cup muffin tray and 11 inch pizzas; Complete with 3 rack positions, pull out crumb tray and auto shut off
- LCD DISPLAY: LCD display to more easily access the built in smart functionality, choose from 8 cooking functions
The Element IQ System is what sets this smart oven apart from other ovens. Basically, this system directs power to where it’s most needed, thus ensuring your food is perfectly cooked every single time.
Additionally, that oven has eight cooking functions, helping you to cook and bake a variety of things, including cookies, pizzas, and bread. Moreover, it has an auto-off feature to make sure your food doesn’t burn. As you can probably tell by now, this oven isn’t called a smart oven for no reason.
Nonetheless, don’t let the word “mini” scare you. This oven can still fit four slices of bread and a 6-muffin tray quite easily. Moreover, its nonstick interior makes for an easy cleaning job.
What We Like:
- Smart oven due to its Element IQ system
- Highly versatile even though it’s compact
- Auto-off feature and intuitive control panel
- 1800 watts, which means it heats up fast
- Comes with a crumb tray
- Nonstick interior and great temperature control
- Can fit a 9″ square baking pan
- LCD display that alerts you when you’ve left the oven plugged into an outlet
What We Don’t Like:
- Relatively short lifespan
- Doesn’t toast evenly
This mini Breville Smart oven isn’t called smart for nothing. It truly makes cooking and baking easy, and you’ll certainly enjoy using it.
7- Mueller Toaster Oven – Best Compact Design
- Even Toast Technology - The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a time and the sleek compact design fits nicely on your counter-top, while the curved interior makes room for a 9” pizza or 4 slices of bread.
- Small Package With Big Oven Heat - Wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F lets you cook with the convenience of an oven and the natural convection circulates air for faster, even cooking
- Multi Functional - Our toaster oven comes with many features and cooking functions some of which include: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food warm.
- Built In Timer – The 30 min timer includes precise toast settings
- Made in China
If you’ve got a small kitchen and you want something that doesn’t take up too much space, this compact Mueller toaster oven is the one for you. Plus getting a portable electric stove will also help you save space.
As all bakers know, counter space is absolutely critical. That’s why a small and practical countertop oven hits the mark.
Still, just because it’s small doesn’t mean it’s basic. Quite the opposite, really.
In fact, this toaster oven has four cooking functions, including broiling, toasting, warming, and of course, baking. Moreover, it has a wide temperature range that allows you to cook in temperatures ranging from 150 to 450 ° F.
Furthermore, this oven comes with a 30-minute timer with a built-in auto-off function as well as two rack positions and a multi-purpose pan.
All in all, this Mueller toaster oven will be sufficient for most baking endeavors.
What We Like:
- Compact design with a small footprint
- Timer with auto-off feature
- Stainless steel finish
- Faster and more energy-efficient due to its small size
- Affordable oven
What We Don’t Like:
- Doesn’t include a crumb tray
- Inconsistent temperature
The Muller toaster oven is great for any baker who’s on a budget and has limited counter space.
8- Cuisinart TOB-260N1 Chef’s Convection Toaster Oven – Best for Pizza
- ENDLESS FUNCTIONS: With 1800 watts of power you are able to dual cook, sandwich speed convection, pizza, bake, broil, toast, waffle, bagel, leftover, keep warm including several other options
- CAPACITY: Fits 13-inch pizza, 9-inch x 13-inch baking pan and 9 slices of bread. .95-cubic feet inside oven toaster
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: This digital convection toaster oven has large blue blacklist display with door sensor to activate oven and non-stick interior for easy clean up. The Exact Heat sensor maintains precise oven temperature – Always Even toast shade control and a convenient auto-slide rack for convenience
- INCLUDED: This beautiful brushed stainless steel unit comes with a 13-inch pizza stone, 2 cooking racks, 9-inch x 13-inch enamel baking pan and broiling pan. Also includes interior light, clock and 2-hour timer with front pull-out crumb tray and recipe book
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
If you’re a pizza lover, then make sure you get the Cuisinart Chef’s convection toaster oven. It’s big enough to fit a 13-inch nonstick pizza pan, and it has an interior light so that you can periodically check on your pizza.
Moreover, you can program the oven according to the size of your pizza, and it’ll select the correct time and temperature. And as if that wasn’t enough, its racks automatically slide out so that you can easily check on your food.
This oven is also great for non-pizza-related cooking. It has a multitude of cooking functions to help out beginner cooks and bakers. Additionally, it has convenient digital controls and a dual cook feature. And amazingly enough, just as you can program the oven according to your pizza size, you can also program it according to how many slices of bread you have.
What We Like:
- Allows you to add an additional 30 seconds to any function you select
- Dual cook feature
- Can be programmed according to size or quantity of food
- Has separate convection activation buttons
- Its speed convection feature allows cooking without having to preheat
- Four rack positions
- Nonstick walls
- Comes with two oven racks, one drip pan, broiling pan, crumb tray, and a 13-inch pizza stone
What We Don’t Like:
- The button labels tend to rub off after a while
- Doesn’t last as long as other ovens
- Can have a slightly weird smell
This countertop oven from Cuisinart is the perfect pizza oven. It has all the right features for making a homemade or frozen pizza, yet you can still use it for cooking and heating up other frozen foods just as well.
9- Hamilton Beach Countertop Toaster Oven – Most Budget-Friendly
- Easy access to food and countertop the roll top door moves up and out of the way so you can have safe, easy access to your food before, during and after cooking
- Easy to keep clean door is up and out of the way of messy spills and drips
- Convection, bake, broil & toast 2 rack positions and included bake pan makes it easy to get started on cooking a variety of foods
- Fits 6 slices of toast, 12 inches pizza and 9 inches X11 inches bake pan Spacious interior gives you room for cooking everything from snacks to side dishes
- Easy to use contoured knobs not only is this new design easier to maneuver, but they’re safer too
As much as we hate to admit it, convection baking doesn’t exactly come cheap. So, if you’re a baker on a budget, then we strongly recommend the Hamilton Beach countertop toaster oven.
Its clever roll-top door is designed to slide up, leaving your counter space nice and unoccupied with the added bonus of a clean door. Moreover, it has contoured knobs that are easy and safe to use.
Despite its petite appearance, it can still fit up to six slices of toast and a 12-inch pizza pan. Accordingly, you can use it to heat up various frozen snacks and side dishes to your heart’s content.
What We Like:
- Highly accessible and easy to clean
- Has a good number of cooking modes
- Relatively spacious
- Allows you to choose between bake and convection modes
- Timer knob comes with a stop mechanism that makes the stay-on feature safer
What We Don’t Like:
- Its exterior tens to overheat
- Varying quality
The Hamilton Beach countertop toaster oven is a wonderful budget-friendly option that’ll save you lots of counter space.
10- F.BLUMLEIN Steam Convection Oven – Most Safe
- 👨🍳【1 Product, 10 Functions】 Save space by combining ten kitchen appliances into one! This steam oven can be used in the following modes: steam, hi-temp steam, grill, convection oven, combi (steam+grill+convection), fermentation, and sterilization. There is also a preheat and defrost mode.
- 👨🍳【Family Sized】 Use all 1.1 cu. ft. of space to cook a full-course meal without spending half the day in the kitchen. Big enough to cook an 18-pound turkey or a 12-inch pizza with room to spare.
- 👨🍳【Faster Cook Times】 The cooking area circulates heat faster than a traditional range oven, leading to shorter preheating and cooking times. Set the cooking time from 5 minutes up to 3 hours, depending on the function selected.
- 👨🍳【User-Friendly】 The stainless steel outer panels are safe to the touch while the triple-layer glass oven door gives you a sneak peek at what’s cooking. Activate the child lock to prevent children from opening the door and burning themselves.
- 👨🍳【Front-Cooling Exhaust】 The exhaust system protects you and your cabinets from steam damage by trapping heat inside the oven while exhausting cool air from the top of the front panel.
The F.BLUMLEIN steam convection countertop oven is our pick for the safest oven. It comes with ten different cooking modes, including steam, grill, fermentation, and sterilization, to name a few. As such, whether you want to have roasted meats or make a sponge cake, this oven will have you covered.
Fortunately, this countertop convection oven is large enough to fit nine slices of bread or a 12″ frozen pizza easily. Moreover, its stainless steel outer surfaces are generally safe to touch, unlike most countertop convection ovens. And to top it off, it has a child lock that protects your kids from accidentally burning themselves, as well as a front-cooling convection fan that protects your cabinets from hot steam damage.
What We Like:
- Has a steam option that’s 50% larger than other steam ovens, which means that steam can last for about 180 minutes, rather than the regular 80-120 minutes
- Its timer can be set anywhere from five minutes to 3 hours
- Fast and consistent cooking
- Relatively good insulation
- Child lock
- Exhaust system makes sure to circulate hot air inside the oven and only release cool air, which helps to protect your cabinets from damage
- Comes with 25 pre-programmed recipes for vegetables, snacks,
- Ten oven functions
What We Don’t Like:
- The touch display can be slow to respond at times
- The door may require a bit of muscle to open
- Water may accumulate at the bottom, which will need to be properly dried before the next usage
This countertop convection oven is great for a variety of things, from defrosting and preheating to grilling and steaming. Best of all, it comes with a child lock to ensure the safety of your children.
11- Panasonic FlashXpress Toaster Oven – Best for Toasting Bread
- A Compact, Easy-to-Use Oven Toaster: Toast, bake, brown, and reheat to perfection, no preheat required—two infrared oven heating elements are positioned at the front and back for maximum efficiency
- Six 1-Touch Controls: Six preset cooking functions for the foods you love, plus reheat, defrost, and more, so that making it just right couldn’t be simpler
- For So Much More than Just Toast: A compact toaster oven that makes meals, snacks, and sides perfectly using a manual temperature control and timer
- Safety Features: Toaster ovens baking rack is connected to the oven door to smoothly pull the rack toward you as the door is opened; auto shut-off helps prevent overcooking and burning
- Compact, Attractive Design that Fits Anywhere: The FlashXpress toaster unique design and small footprint is perfect for any kitchen décor or countertop
The Panasonic FlashXpress toaster oven is absolutely perfect for toasting bread and making easy desserts like cookies and brownies.
Due to its infrared quartz heating elements, you can bake, toast, and brown your food swiftly and efficiently, with no need for preheating. And thanks to its six preset cooking functions, your cooking and baking days have just gotten much simpler.
What’s truly great about it, though, is its baking rack that’s connected to the oven door. This means that once you open the door, the oven rack will move forward, making it easier to check and take out your food.
Finally, this oven has a 25-minute timer with an auto-off feature that ensures you don’t forget your food in the oven. So, if you usually make foods with short cooking times, this oven will be the one for you.
What We Like:
- Has a smart sensor that turns the oven on and off to maintain the correct temperature and prevent food from turning to a crisp
- Has auto shutoff feature
- Comes with a square baking tray and a removable crumb tray for ease of cleaning
- No preheating required
- Compact oven
- Has interior light
- Wide temperature range (250 to 500° F)
- Six cooking modes
- Connected baking rack
What We Don’t Like:
- Short baking cycle (25 minutes), which means you have to reset the timer multiple times mid-cycle to prevent the oven from shutting off
- The interior light keeps flickering on and odd, which can be annoying for some users
The Panasonic FlashXpress is the absolute best for baking stuff that gets done in less than half an hour, such as cookies and brownies. Nevertheless, you can still use it for longer baking periods, but you’ll have to reset the timer a few times.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Countertop Oven for Baking
So, now that you’ve looked at different countertop ovens, which one should you go with? Well, we’ll tell you a few general things you need to consider when it comes to ovens, as well as a few other things you need to pay attention to if you’re planning on baking. So, let’s get started, shall we?
Of course, safety should be your number one concern when it comes to buying any heat-producing devices, convection and toaster ovens included.
Now, you’ll notice that most countertop ovens can get pretty hot on the outside. That’s why you need to find a countertop oven that has a good door that’s easy to use as well as knobs/buttons that won’t burn your fingers once the oven is on.
Furthermore, you should make sure that the knobs are well-made and tend to stay put once you’ve adjusted them.
The look of your oven should be one of the first things you should consider for countertop ovens. That’s because it’ll take up a sizable chunk of your counter, and your eyes will fall directly upon it once you walk into the kitchen.
So, try to choose a design that matches the rest of your kitchen décor when it comes to color and style. Fortunately, countless models and designs are available nowadays, so you’re bound to find something you like.
Generally, the higher wattage countertop convection ovens have, the faster and more consistent the oven will be.
Most ovens have a wattage ranging from 1200 to 1800 watts. So, try to choose one with 1300 watts or more to stay on the safe side, and go even higher if you’ll be using your oven a lot. Finally, make sure your outlet is able to handle the power for your oven to work as it should.
This is an important point to consider when choosing a convection oven for baking. Ask yourself, do you plan on making large quantities of food, or are you just baking for a couple of people? Depending on your answer, the size will greatly differ.
Another thing to keep in mind is how much counter space you have available for an oven. Sure, bigger ovens are more versatile and can cook way more food than smaller ovens. However, they also tend to be heavier and harder to move around. Moreover, they take up a lot of space that you may need to spread out your ingredients or roll the dough.
Still, typically larger ovens can double as toasters and sometimes air fryers, which means you can clear your countertop of other devices that have the same function. In the end, it’ll all come down to your judgment.
Preset Functions and Extra Features
If you don’t have a lot of baking and cooking experience, then you’ll be better off with a countertop convection oven that has various preset functions.
Basically, these functions make it easier for you by selecting the correct time and temperature for different cooking tasks, such as roasting or broiling. Some models even have an air fry feature, if you can believe it. As such, using those preset functions, you can simply place your food in the oven and forget it.
However, if you’re an experienced baker, then you may not need any preset cooking functions. So, whether you’d like to get an oven with these numerous functions or not will totally be up to your cooking expertise.
Ease of Cleaning
Small ovens can either have a regular interior or one that’s non-stick. For ease of cleaning, most people go with the non-stick route. However, some claim that these non-stick surfaces can produce harmful fumes at certain temperatures.
So, if you’d rather go with a non-stick oven, then you have to get one with removable racks and accessories, or else cleaning grease and removing remaining food particles will be an absolute nightmare.
Lastly, try to get a countertop oven made of stainless steel so that it won’t rust with every cleaning session.
One thing you should always keep in mind when buying a countertop convection oven or toaster oven is the price. Generally, the more you pay, the more features the oven should have. Moreover, a higher wattage that allows you to cook food faster usually comes with a higher price tag.
Also, remember that if you want a more extended warranty period, the more you’ll have to pay. So, balance what you want with how much you’re willing to spend, and try to pick a countertop convection oven that reflects that.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Countertop Ovens More Efficient Than a Full-Size Oven?
Absolutely. Thanks to their small size, countertop ovens heat up much faster and more evenly than regular ovens, without needing as much energy. As such, they allow you to save energy, which results in a smaller electrical bill.
What Dishware Should You Use in a Countertop Oven?
Generally, you can use the same pots and pans you would use with a regular oven. This means that metal, ceramics, and Pyrex cookware are all okay, but make sure their handles aren’t made of plastic.
How Can You Properly Maintain Your Countertop Oven?
First off, use a drip tray to catch any oils and juices that may spill over firing the cooking process. Then, once you’ve finished cooking, find the oven a wipe, especially at the sides and bottom. Finally, once a month, heat up a bowl of water with half a lemon and scrub the oven once it cools down.
What’s a Convection Oven?
Quite simply, a convection oven differs from a regular oven by way of its fan and exhaust system. This system circulates the hot air within the oven, guaranteeing even heat distribution and consistent temperatures. As such, whether you’re cooking a steak or a whole chicken, the food will be cooked much faster, and you’ll easily achieve brown, crispy outsides and soft, juicy insides.
Is There Difference Between a Toaster and a Countertop Oven?
Typically, you’ll find the words toaster and countertop oven used together or interchangeably, and in the general sense of things, they’re basically the same.
However, toasters, aka toaster ovens, are usually much simpler than countertop ovens. Meanwhile, countertop ovens have different features and capabilities that allow a more diverse use. Accordingly, you can use it the same way you would a traditional oven.
As you can see, various types of countertop ovens are available nowadays, and each is suited for a certain job or has a certain edge over the others.
For example, the Oster extra large digital countertop convection oven is great when you need to make a lot of food. Meanwhile, the COSORI air fryer-toaster combo gives you more versatility, while the LUBY countertop toaster oven is very practical and easy to use.
Still, if you’re still torn on which oven to choose, then we advise you to go with the KitchenAid KCO224BM dual convection oven. It isn’t too expensive, yet its quality is quite good. Moreover, it comes with several cooking features that will make baking much easier.
Still, before making your decision, make sure to ask around and read the reviews to make sure you don’t regret your choice.