This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on September 1, 2022
Have you ever come across the situation of being in a very humid environment? The one that makes the skin sticky, the walls wet, and the floor slippery? Let’s face it; it’s a rather unpleasant situation.
One of the main areas of the home that usually accumulates the greatest amount of humidity is the bathroom. Steam, stagnant water, and the water-laden climate cause many germs and bacteria to increase in this area.
Installing a dehumidifier will allow the excess moisture level in the bathroom to reduce significantly. This prevents bathroom mold and bacteria from continuing to grow uncontrollably. Also, it’ll help guarantee the health and protection of your family.
So, we’ve compared some of the best small dehumidifiers for bathrooms on the market, presenting the features and characteristics of each product and where it stands out. Therefore, by the end of this review, you should be able to decide which bathroom dehumidifier will suit your home.
Are you ready? Let’s dive in!
At a Glance:
The 4 Best Small Dehumidifiers for Bathrooms in 2022
This section presents our top 4 picks of small bathroom dehumidifiers and why they’re worth your money!
1. SEAVON – Best Overall
- 【𝗛𝗶𝗴𝗵𝗹𝘆 𝗘𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗗𝗲𝗵𝘂𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻】SEAVON small dehumidifier (size 6.2 x 4.9 x 10.1 inches) keeps moisture below 45%, highly efficient for removing the moisture in the air, keeps you away from wet days. Small dehumidifier with 27oz(800ml) water tank extracts up to 350ml/12ounces (at 86℉,80%RH) of moisture daily in enclosed and small rooms and spaces.
- 【𝗨𝗹𝘁𝗿𝗮 𝗤𝘂𝗶𝗲𝘁】The portable dehumidifier uses Peltier technology, which means it doesn't make a lot of noise while working. Noise is below 35dB, runs quietly without annoying sound, will not disturb your sleep, work or study. Perfect for space like bedroom.
- 【𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗼 𝗦𝗵𝘂𝘁-𝗢𝗳𝗳】The dehumidifier shuts off automatically when the water tank is full to protect against the risk of overflow. The indicator light will flash to remind you draining the tank. Easily removal and back into the air dehumidifier.
- 【𝗖𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵𝘆 & 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗘𝗻𝘃𝗶𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁】According to research, if the moisture in the air above 50% can breed uncomfortable or other health problems. Our dehumidifier starts to work when the humidity more than 45%, it collects moisture and releases fresh air, providing you healthy and comfortable environment. The optimal operating temperature is 59-104°F, below 41°F the effect of dehumidification is not obvious.
- 【𝗘𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗴𝘆 𝗦𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 & 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵𝘆】The electric dehumidifier is effective and energy saving, only using 0.54kW of electricity after running for 24 hours. It's environmentally friendly and more affordable than traditional chemical absorbents.
If you’re worried about your electric bill and are looking for an energy-efficient air filter, the SEAVON Dehumidifier may be what you need. It consumes just 0.54 kW throughout an entire day of use, and its price is quite below the market average. Undoubtedly, it’s one of the best bathroom dehumidifiers out there.
Also, the size of the tank is consistent: 2200 cubic feet (240 square feet), so you’ll have to empty it often. To empty it, you can remove the tank or use the built-in water outlet. Moreover, the auto shut-off function kicks in when the water tank is full. Hence, the dehumidifier automatically shuts off water absorption to prevent overflow.
In addition, it has an auto-restart function that gives you the option of operating the portable dehumidifier with a timer. So, if the model is disconnected from the power supply during operation, it’ll automatically revert to the last selected settings when it’s switched on again.
The SEAVON Dehumidifier also uses Peltier technology. This implies that it doesn’t have a compressor, so it’s quieter than other more powerful dehumidifiers. It’s not that its 35 dB is absolute silence, but it’s not particularly annoying.
Moreover, according to manufacturers, the bathroom temperature should be 59-104°F, and the relative humidity should be above 45% for the best performance. If the temperature isn’t within the specified range, you’ll not obtain the full benefit of the equipment.
- Lightweight and transportable
- Low power consumption
- Affordable price
- Quiet operation
- Auto power-off function
- Limited extraction capacity
The SEAVON Dehumidifier is one of our favorite bathroom dehumidifiers on this list. It’s small, effective, portable, and affordable. Also, its energy efficiency makes it stand out among the others.
2. Pro Breeze Electric Mini – Runner Up
- Compact & Small Dehumidifier: Lightweight, compact, and portable dehumidifier, the mini dehumidifier removes up to 18 ounces of water per day with a 52-ounce water tank capacity. Can cover up to 3000 cubic feet (250 sq ft), leaving ample space for the dehumidifier to function as dehumidifier for bathroom and moisture absorbers for closet.
- Safe Dehumidifier with Auto Shut-Off Function: When full the dehumidifier will automatically shut off and the LED light will turn-on indicating the water tank needs draining. Simply empty the water tank and place it back into the dehumidifier. This easy-to-use dehumidifier acts as a humidity absorber capable of removing moisture for office, home and camping purposes making it a great addition to any household.
- Ultra-Quiet & Efficient Dehumidifiers for Bedroom: Built-in Thermo-Electric Cooling Technology (Peltier) operates without a compressor providing whisper quiet operation in bedroom, bathroom, and office. This means you can read, work, sleep and engage in other activities without any noise disruptions and experience the benefits of fresh high-quality air.
- Removes 18 Ounces of Water Per Day: Optimal function in room sizes up to 2200 cubic feet (250 sq ft). This moisture absorber functions as a dehumidifier for RV, a closet dehumidifier, and commercial dehumidifiers. The dehumidifier has a running cost of just $0.12 per day! An ideal solution to humidity in your home as energy prices rise.
- Lowers Humidity: This dehumidifier functions as a moisture eliminator in areas with high humidity like your home, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, RV, garage or closet. Like all mini dehumidifiers, optimal operating temperature is 59-86°F. It will not work below 41°F.
This dehumidifier has a small and compact design that makes it ideal for small spaces such as your bathroom. It creates a better air quality by eliminating steam, mold, mildew, and bad odors.
Despite its size, the Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier has a removable water tank that absorbs up to 2200 cubic feet (250 square feet) of moisture in the form of water.
And when it’s full, the FULL sensor makes the equipment turn off automatically, without generating risks due to electrical accidents. Also, a LED indicator light will flash so you know it’s time to empty the canister.
However, the Pro Breeze Electric Mini doesn’t offer any setting options. It can only be switched on and off. Also, it features a white design with visible air vents and a blue water tank. When it comes to dimensions, it’s 6.6 x 9 x 12.69 inches, and the weight is 1.8 kilograms.
Furthermore, using this mini dehumidifier is quite simple. Once the tray is full, disconnect it from the current, take out the tray and pour the water into the sink. Then, you put the tray back, and it’s ready to operate again.
Moreover, it uses a Peltier technology system without a compressor, making it silent. You’ll not even know when it’s working. Also, this feature makes it energy-efficient.
And the best part is that this device is so portable; you can freely move it from one place to another because of its compact and lightweight.
- Lightweight and comfortable to carry
- Easy operation
- Auto shut-off
- Little extraction power
- Unsuitable for large bathrooms
The Pro Breeze Electric Mini is one of the best mini dehumidifiers for smaller bathrooms. We like the fact that it has a compact size but still gets the job done. Also, due to its lightweight, you can easily share it with more than one bathroom in the house.
3. Hysure – Most Elegant
- Ultra-Quiet Technology: Use peltier technology with no compressor makes it lightweight and quiet. Noise is below 33dB with no annoying sound, offer quiet and sound when you are sleeping.
- Compact And Convenient For Small Areas: Compact mini dehumidifier with 700 ml capacity tank extracts up to 300 ml (86℉,80%RH) of moisture daily to purify air in small spaces and a convenient option for baby room or other small indoor spaces. is below 33dB with no annoying sound,offer quiet and sound sleeping.
- Energy Saving: Upgrade section dehumidifier with no chemical substances and low energy consumption, It Is an Ideal environmentally friendly solutions for absorbing damp and condensation. Energy saving and eco-friendly, not waste electricity.
- Auto Shut Off: This portable moisture absorber will be shuts off automatically when tank is full and water is ready for removal.
- Perfect After-sale Service: 30 days money back or exchange guarantee, 24 months warranty with professional customer service team to provide friendly and fast support.
The Hysure Dehumidifier is a compact air purifier with a high dehumidification capacity. The device extracts about 300 ml in 24 hours at 86℉ and 80% relative humidity. So, these features make the dehumidifier ideal for rooms up to 215 square feet, such as a bathroom, baby’s room, and other small indoor spaces.
Moreover, the automatic overflow protection ensures that the device switches off automatically as soon as the water tank has reached its maximum capacity.
Furthermore, a green indicator light tells you when the device is working, while a yellow indicator light tells you when the water tank is full. Also, you can connect a hose to the Hysure Dehumidifier for continuous operation.
What’s more, it has compact dimensions of 6.42 x 4.21 x 10.51 inches, guaranteeing that the air dryer doesn’t get in the way but can be stowed away to save space. Moreover, a 24-hour timer allows the room dehumidifier to run at pre-programmed intervals.
In addition, the device has an integrated auto-restart mode. This mode resets the device to the programmed settings if it disconnects from the power supply during operation. This function enables operation with an interposed timer.
Also, the integrated dust filter cleans the air flowing through and can be removed and cleaned if necessary. Moreover, it has a sleek, elegant design. This mini air purifier looks like a tower with a slight curve at the top where the control button lies. In addition, the device is mobile and can be positioned anywhere.
And when it comes to sound, the model is relatively quiet at 33 dB. It’s also energy-efficient, eco-friendly, and will ensure you don’t waste electricity.
- Automatic operation
- Compact dimensions
- Low sound
- Only for small rooms
We like the Hysure Dehumidifier for its elegant design and large removable water tank capacity. It’s suitable for most small bathrooms. Also, its portability is a plus.
4. Rubson Aero 360 – Best for Cutting Down Costs
The practical and small Rubson Aero 360 Dehumidifier is truly a novelty. It has a 360° air circulation system that absorbs humidity from the bathroom, which will help you prevent mold, bacteria, and germs, improving humidity levels by up to 40%. Hence, better air quality is achieved.
Furthermore, this small humidifier is friendly to the environment since it doesn’t need electricity or batteries to work. Instead, it works through a moisture-absorbing tablet that you have to place in a simple way in the compartment it comes with. So, between 12 and 24 hours, it’ll fulfill its natural dehumidifying function.
Therefore, since it doesn’t require electricity or batteries to work, you’ll save some money that could have gone to the power supply.
In addition, the ultra-absorbent tablets are designed to capture moisture and transform it into salt water, which will be deposited in the container located at the base of the device. So, when the pill dissolves, you’ll know when it’s time to recharge your equipment.
Moreover, you can use the mini dehumidifier for up to three months before you’ll need to refill the ultra-absorbent tablets. Also, the device comes with two extra refills in the box.
Note that the dehumidifier works best in small spaces and a little away from the walls to guarantee air circulation; thus, allowing its proper use. So, this feature makes it is ideal for bathrooms.
Also, it has a security system that doesn’t allow the liquid to spill. However, it’s always preferable to keep it out of the reach of children, as the liquid trapped in the ultra-absorbent tablets can cause eye irritation.
- Gets the job done in small spaces
- Practical and saves extra cost
- Energy saving
- May cause eye irritation
- Can corrode metal furniture
- Slow absorption rate
The Rubson Aero 360 is one of the best dehumidifiers because it saves a lot of extra costs. For example, you don’t have to spend money on batteries or electricity. So, it’s suitable for people who want to reduce or eliminate overall maintenance costs!
Buying Guide to Choose a Small Dehumidifier for Bathroom
Buying the dehumidifier that best suits your needs is a task that requires some time. Unfortunately, the wide catalog of models offered by multiple brands on the market means that the purchase process wouldn’t be as fast as we’d like. So, here are a few factors to consider:
Type of Dehumidifier
Before picking a dehumidifier for your bathroom, you should consider the type you need. Let’s have a look at the two types of dehumidifiers.
These dehumidifiers absorb the air in your room with the help of a fan and then channel it through a cooling system. Thanks to this cooling process, the water in the absorbed air condenses, precipitating drop by drop inside the filling tank. The processed air is preheated back to room temperature and expelled back into your room.
These dehumidifiers are the most common and are most effective when the temperature and humidity are high (above 40% relative humidity).
These dehumidifiers base their operation on desiccant materials, the most common being silica gel. The sucked air passes through the desiccant material, which condenses the humidity inside the filling tank through a chemical reaction. Then, an additional airflow regenerates the material to be reused as many times as needed.
Moreover, desiccants perform better than refrigerant dehumidifiers in low temperatures. The reason is that refrigerants tend to get frozen or remain in defrost mode for longer periods and tend not to remove moisture from the air in that state. On the other hand, desiccant dehumidifiers continue removing moisture from the air even at 0°F.
So, whether you should buy a desiccant or refrigerant dehumidifier depends on the prevalent temperature in your geographical region.
Refrigerant-type dehumidifiers consume an average of 250 W, while the desiccant type consumes an average of 500 W of power. We could say the average consumption of a refrigerant dehumidifier is comparable to a refrigerator and a desiccant to that of a washing machine.
However, we have to clarify that dehumidifiers never work at their maximum power and don’t run continuously. This is because most dehumidifiers on the market have humidistats and timers that control their automatic switching on and off, depending on the selected settings.
Noise is a subjective parameter. Therefore, different people have different levels of noise tolerance. However, most dehumidifiers on the market operate between 30 and 50 dB.
For use in a bathroom at night, a device with a noise level of up to 45 dB is recommended. You can use air purifiers with up to 50 dB noise levels in other bigger environments.
Water Removal Capacity
This refers to the maximum amount of water that can be removed in 24 hours in an environment with 80% humidity and a temperature of 30 degrees.
The most common capacities are 12, 16, 20, or 35 liters. But that doesn’t mean your dehumidifier is going to remove this volume of water from your house every day. The total volume of water removed will depend on the relative humidity, the insulation of the environment (doors and windows must be well-closed), and the movement of people, among other factors.
So before choosing your dehumidifier, you need to know the size of the area you want to dehumidify. In this way, you can choose a device with compatible extraction capacity. Otherwise, you may get a device with an inadequate capacity.
Water Tank Capacity
You need to consider the size of the dehumidifier’s water tank. For example, for a bathroom of 430 square feet, we recommend dehumidifiers with a capacity of 600 to 1000 milliliters since they’ll have a good storage capacity.
In this way, you’ll need to empty the water tank fewer times. Also, we recommend dehumidifiers with 1000 milliliters and above for larger rooms and environments.
It’s essential to note that the greater the extraction capacity, the larger your tank will be. This means you’ll need to remove the water compartment fewer times.
Functions and Resources
In general, dehumidifiers have a function in which you can use the humidistat to select the desired humidity. With this function, the appliance turns on and off automatically to keep the humidity at the desired level.
Also, humidifiers have a continuous mode of operation, which keeps the device on until the tank is filled. You can use this mode to dry clothes indoors.
Furthermore, most humidifiers have a silent mode and promise a lower noise operation. However, there isn’t always such a difference. From our own experience, we can say that, even with this function activated, the noise of the compressor is the same. The only difference is a reduction in air circulation speed, which may reduce the total noise a little, but without great differences.
In addition, some mini dehumidifiers may also have a timer, which will allow you to leave them on for a defined number of hours, which is also a way to save energy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Is a Bathroom Dehumidifier Necessary?
A bathroom dehumidifier is necessary because of the mold, mites, and evident condensation that may occur after some pleasant showers (especially if there’s no ventilation). Sometimes, these may cause the relative humidity to go as high as 100%.
In addition, you need a humidifier in your bathroom because of the visible fogging of the mirrors, windows, and the environment in general. Also, the mold on the walls, in the joints of the tiles, and the persistent bad smell of the towels and other clothes that you store in the bathroom are some of the main reasons why it’s necessary to buy dehumidifiers for the bathroom.
How Does the Bathroom Dehumidifier Remove Excess Moisture?
Dehumidifiers have a mechanism of action that requires an extractor, a cold coil, and a tank. The extractor absorbs the air, the cold coil condenses the moisture in the air, and the tank is where water is conserved. In addition, the extractor returns semi-dry air to the space. Also, most dehumidifiers have a second coil that slightly heats the air so that it’s not too cold for you.
Do Bathroom Dehumidifiers Have to Run All the Time?
If the place is a very hot area with high humidity in the air, it’s common and recommended that the equipment is always on. However, dehumidifiers have a humidistat, a small device that measures the percentage of humidity in the air. So, when the required level of humidity is reached, the device turns off, and if it exceeds it, the device turns on automatically.
Does the Dehumidifier Have to Be Installed in a Specific Place?
For the best results, it’d be best if the dehumidifier is located in the part or area of the room where the most moisture accumulates. However, we recommend installing your dehumidifier at the top center of the bathroom.
Are Mini Dehumidifiers Any Good?
Mini dehumidifiers are a great and affordable solution for those corners of the home, such as a bathroom, closet, cabinets, basement, laundry room, or small rooms. This is because they’re compact and can fit anywhere.
All these small dehumidifiers for bathrooms have a lot of interesting features that make them worth the buy. Whichever one you pick will be a good purchase because they all keep the air in your bathroom fresh and healthy. However, let’s recap our top three picks.
For the SEAVON Dehumidifier, we love its energy-efficient nature, compact size, and easy operation. It’s the best bathroom dehumidifier for homeowners who are very particular about reducing electricity costs.
In the case of the Pro Breeze Electric Mini, the emphasis is on its compact size. It’s the most portable bathroom dehumidifier on the list.
In addition, the Hysure Dehumidifier has a stylish and elegant design. It’s a good buy for people who give aesthetics a high priority. Also, it’s no less efficient than the other air purifiers on the list.