This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on March 8, 2022
As foamed milk and coffee lovers, we know the allure of the creamy foam layer on top of a beverage, and we’re always looking for ways to get that classic Instagram-worthy drink at home. Frothers can come in handy, but in your case, it’d have to be a plant-based milk frother, particularly one for oat milk.
But there are electric frothers, manual frothers, and all types of frothers, all with different features, capacities, and more. So, how do you pick just one? Follow along to get the best oat milk frother for foam milk.
Why You Need to Buy an Oat Milk Frother
Although frothers are typically used to froth coffee drinks, you can use them to aerate milk. But why should you buy an oat milk frother? Well, it:
- Creates Foam: The process leaves thick foam on top. It can also create tiny bubbles on top of the frothed milk, which only lightens the milk’s consistency and increases its volume.
- Reduces Fat Content: This is great news if you’re drinking skim milk, oat milk, or other milk types that are low in fat content. This decrease in fats entails an increase in volume.
- Enhances the Flavor: Frothed heated milk is simply tasty, thanks to its perfect foam and bubbles.
- Makes Better Espresso: The secret to a cafe’s quality espresso cup is frothy milk. Its light texture or consistency makes espresso more sweet, creamy, and foamy.
The 4 Best Oat Milk Frothers in 2022
Since you’re looking for recommendations, here are the best milk frothers for oat milk.
1. Zulay Kitchen Milk Boss OG – Best Overall
- VELVETY RICH CAFÉ-QUALITY FROTH - AT HOME IN UNDER 30 SECONDS This high-speed milk frother is the last tool you’ll need to turn your homebrew from ‘meh’ to ‘DREAMY'. Nothing hits the spot quite like a toasty morning cup of Joe, finished off with a velvety, rich froth on top. Who needs a trip to the coffee shop when you can save time and money by whipping up barista-quality coffee for you and your whole family to enjoy! Plus, it makes the perfect gift and portable companion.
- EASY TO USE...EVEN EASIER TO CLEAN A touch of a button is all it takes to go from flat milk to luxuriously creamy. No pumping, whisking, or shaking necessary. Enjoy hassle-free cleaning without the mess that comes with regular espresso machines or other electric mixers. Simply run it for a few seconds under hot water. To store, tuck it away or sit it on the included metal stand, elegantly displaying it on your countertop.
- ULTRA-VERSATILE AND INNOVATIVE Love coffee but not a fan of dairy? The Milk Boss frother has you covered. Powered by two AA batteries (not incl.), the stainless steel whisk can easily whip up silky smooth froth on all types of milk - half and half, creamer, soy, almond, cashew, hazelnut, whole milk, and other dairy such as butter or cream. Plus, it can also make light work of matcha, hot chocolate, protein shakes, supplement drinks, salad dressings, cocktails, whisking up eggs, sauces, and more.
- MAY THE FROTH BE WITH YOU Making delicious coffee at home shouldn’t be messy, complicated, or...downright boring. Most electric frothers and manual french press style machines require too much technical know-how with temperatures, angles, frothing positioning techniques. The Milk Boss frother makes it dead-simple to create rich foam with the touch of a button - every time. Designed with your convenience in mind - this powerful handheld frother feels solid and balanced in your hand when used.
- CONFIDENCE-BACKED LIFETIME GUARANTEE, OUR ZULAY PROMISE Lifetime guarantee...for a frother?! You bet! We’re so confident in the quality and longevity of our products, we have no problem offering you a lifetime guarantee. If you’re not 100% pleased with the quality of your froth or any other issues, we got you covered.
The Zulay Kitchen Milk Boss OG is arguably the best milk frother, perfect if you’re an oat milk or coffee lover. Its efficient and reliable motor grants it enough power to rotate 200 times per second. And the various speed controls support the milk frothing of several types of milk.
You can use this powerful milk steamer to create creamy foam for a cafe-style latte, macchiato, cappuccino, or hot chocolate, and you can blend protein shakes, milkshakes, scrambled eggs, omelets, and more.
As for its construction, the 18/10 stainless steel milk frother is impressively durable, as its stainless steel is food-safe and long-lasting.
Not to mention, the manual milk frother has a compact, ergonomic design and comes with a stand to facilitate storage. Of course, you’ll want to put it on full display because of its elegant design and heart illustrations.
Even better, you’ll find it easy to use the oat milk foam maker because of its quality ergonomic design and its simple on/off switch. The single button is large and highly responsive, so you won’t have to apply much pressure, just a simple thumb press. Of course, the oat milk frother is battery operated, but you’ll have to supply the 2 AA batteries yourself.
In addition, the oat milk frother won’t give you a hard time when you try to clean it. Just run it under hot water. As a handheld milk frother, it’s ideal for creating milk froth but doesn’t heat it. Still, that’s more than we can ask of an inexpensive oat milk frother.
- Has sufficient power and adjustable speed for versatile applications
- Durable with food-safe stainless steel
- Attractive, compact, and ergonomic design
- Comes with a stand for easy placement
- Easy to use, as you only have to press the power button
- Can easily be cleaned
- Battery-operated, but they aren’t supplied
- Has no heating capabilities
What makes Zulay Kitchen Milk Boss OG arguably the best frother is that it has almost everything we could want. It’s reasonably priced, versatile, durable, and easy to use and clean.
2. Instant Milk Frother – Best for Temperature Control
- 4-IN-1 PROGRAMS: For cold foam, light warm foam, thick warm foam, and warming without foaming.
- BE YOUR OWN BARISTA: Create various types of foam from both dairy and non-dairy alternatives for your cappuccinos, lattes, iced coffee, matcha and more.
- COLD TO WARM IN SECONDS: Quickly warm up your drinks, without creating foam, perfect for coffee, hot chocolate even teas!
- EASY-TO-USE CONTROLS: Simplicity at its best - 2-button control interface to select, start or cancel a program.
- QUICK AND QUIET: Create warm milk or foam in seconds, with whisper-quiet milk frothing and warming.
If you’re looking to make hot and cold beverages, the Instant Milk Frother might be a great choice for you. It allows you to mix it up, thanks to its 4-in-1 program. And you’ll be relieved to know that the settings are equally as effective with plant-based milk as they are with dairy milk, so it’s suitable for frothing oat milk.
Firstly, it can make cold foam with tiny bubbles, the perfect topping for an iced cappuccino or brew. Secondly, the light warm foam will come in handy when you’re in the mood for a latte or a café au lait.
Thirdly, you can crown your cappuccino with thick warm foam. And when you don’t want milk foam, the fourth set will give you steamed milk, hot chocolate, or whatever non-foam drink you want.
Moving on, the Instant Milk Frother is easy to clean with a non-stick interior and a removable, dishwasher-safe whisk and lid. It’s also easy to use with a 2-button interface.
In addition, you’ll love the controlled pouring the frother’s spout grants you. Not only does it make pouring more manageable, but it also enables you to create latte art to treat yourself or your guests. Not to mention, the model facilitates whisper-quiet frothing.
The one thing we aren’t so sure about is the fourth temperature setting because its heating may not be enough for a perfect hot drink. But you can give it 30 seconds in the microwave, and you’re good.
- Has a 4-in-1 adjustable temperature program for a colder or warmer foam and warming without foaming
- Works with dairy and plant-based milks
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe with a non-stick interior and a removable lid
- Easy to use with a 2-button interface
- The spout facilitates controlled pouring, so you can make latte art
- Operates quietly
- The fourth temperature setting isn’t the best for heating milk
The Instant Milk Frother is an excellent pick for those who want a foam maker and steamer with adjustable temperature settings. Not to mention, it’s easy to clean, use, and pour with.
3. SIMPLETaste Milk Frother – Budget Pick
- Make Creamy Froth Quickly: If you love your morning coffee filled with froth and foam, the portable Handheld Milk Frother can create a creamy cup within 15 to 30 seconds
- Easy to Use: One simple press for creamy froth; Just press the power button once to start frothing, with no need to hold the button down; Relax your hand, enjoy the foaming process, and whip the milk to your desired consistency
- High Quality: Our frothing whisk is made of 304 durable stainless steel so it is completely resistant to rust; The lightweight plastic handle is ergonomically designed for comfortable operation
- Multifunctional: Not only creates milk foam for coffees, cappuccinos, and macchiatos, but is also suitable for making hot and cold chocolate, milkshakes, matcha tea, mixed drinks, and even for whisking egg and sauces
- Convenient: The milk mixer is powered by 2 AA batteries so you will never need to worry about cords and plugging into sockets; It comes with a stand to easily be kept on the countertop and is compact to be neatly stored away
Are you looking for a top pick that isn’t expensive? Then, the SIMPLETaste Milk Frother is your best bet. Not only are you saving money by giving up overpriced coffee shop beverages, but you’re also saving by buying a reasonably priced electric milk frother.
You can make airy foam easily and quickly with this handheld frother, thanks to its one-touch interface, lightweight handle, and operation with batteries (not cords). Accordingly, creating foamy milk in 15 to 30 seconds will be easy. Also, the batteries are included in the package.
Additionally, the oat milk frother has a stand and is cordless so that you can store it anywhere. In other words, you can display it on the countertop or keep it in a drawer.
And one of the most prominent features is the durability of the stainless steel frother whisk, which makes for a quality, lasting finish.
We also love how versatile this plunger-style frother is. Its impressive power equips it for frothing oat milk, hot chocolate, lattes, mixed beverages, and even eggs and sauces.
The only downside to this electric milk frothing appliance is that it doesn’t heat milk or shut off automatically when the milk is frothy. But that’s the case for other manual milk frothers as well, and it’s a compromise we’re willing to make for such a price.
- Has a one-touch operation and a lightweight handle for easy use
- Comes with a stand for effortless storage
- Durable stainless steel whisk attachment
- Suitable for frothing milk, a latte, and even eggs and sauces
- No heating features
- No auto shut available
The SIMPLETaste Milk Frother is one of the best milk frothers on the market in the lower price options. It packs impressive features, including ease of use and storage, durability, and versatility.
4. Nespresso Aeroccino3 – Most User Friendly
- Rapid one touch preparation of hot or cold milk froth
- 1 button for all preparations, 1 second button pressure for Hot milk or hot milk froth, 2 second button pressure for cold milk froth
- Maximum hot & cold milk froth capacity: 4. 1 oz. Maximum hot milk capacity: 8. 1 oz
- Auto shut off when finished. Non-stick surface
- If quality of milk froth not up to standard recommend usage of refrigerated whole or low-fat milk about 4 TO6 Degree Celsius and also make sure to use the appropriate whisk. Verify that the jug is clean. This frother quickly heats up milk to between 160 and 170 degrees Fahrenheit
Looking for a jug-style oat milk frother? The Nespresso Aeroccino3 is an excellent option that allows you to froth milk easily. With one push button, you can get hot milk or cold milk. All you have to do is press the foam maker for one second to get a hot drink or a hot frothy drink and two seconds to give your cold milk a cold froth.
We also can’t forget the automatic shutoff feature, which makes for effortless and excellent frothing. This way, the automatic milk frother shuts off once it’s done heating and frothing milk, and you won’t run the risk of burning your oat milk.
That’ll leave it 160 to 170 degrees hot, so you’ll be able to drink it within minutes. This feature is excellent for minimizing power consumption as well.
Furthermore, the frother is wide enough for your hand to reach down and clean its interior, and you can remove the milk frothing whisk. Accordingly, you’ll only have to wipe it down and wash it. The non-stick surface is a lifesaver as well when it comes to spilling.
The frother can hold up to 4.1 oz for cold froths and 8.1 for heated milk. That’s about less than half a cup of froth and a cup of hot milk.
On the one hand, this is less than the large capacity of other milk frothers of the jugular type, so we don’t have a cafe milk frother on our hands. On the other hand, this capacity gives it a more compact size for easy storage. Last but not least, the Aeroccino3 frother is admittedly more expensive than many other options.
- User-friendly design with an automatic shut off feature
- Suitable for frothing milk and heating it to 160 or 170 degrees
- The automatic shut off feature reduces power consumption
- Can be easily cleaned with a wide interior and removable whisk
- The non-stick surface handles spills
- Has a compact design
- Has a relatively small capacity
- A bit expensive compared to other milk frother options
An effortless way of making frothed milk is using the Nespresso Aeroccino3. Thanks to its user-friendly operation and shutoff feature, it’s arguably the best automatic milk frother. And it makes froth and heats milk as well. Not to mention, the cleaning process is effortless.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Oat Milk Frother
Without further ado, here are some features to evaluate in an oat milk frother:
We know that you’re looking for an oat milk frother, but is that all you want? Many milk frothers only operate with a specific type. So, it helps to consider if you drink other types of non-dairy milk, such as soy milk and almond milk, and if you’d like them with milk foams. Also, will the frother be used with whole milk?
In terms of design, there are two main types of milk frothers.
These jug-like designs contain a beaker, lid, and whisk. They tend to be easier to use, as you can froth milk by pushing a button. But you can use them manually as well, although that requires more effort.Not to mention, many jug-style frothers work with either hot or cold drinks (if not both). On the downside, they take up more space on the kitchen counter and cost more than the other type.
Handheld milk frothers are lighters than jugular ones. They’re more compact, so you barely need any counter space for them and can easily pack them in a bag. Additionally, a handheld milk frother is more affordable than our previous type, but it’s battery-operated.
If you want a cafe milk frother, a frother for other commercial purposes, or one that services a big household, the capacity matters. We’re talking about how much milk the oat milk frother can froth at once? To put it into perspective, a milk frother may accommodate anything from 130ml to 710 ml. So, evaluate your usage to choose the milk frother.
You may find a milk frother that doubles as a milk steamer if you want one that can froth and heat milk. Such a frother features built-in temperature sensors, allowing you to heat up or cool oat milk. But you should know that heat temperature control settings are only available in some jug-style and electric milk frothers (not handheld ones).
You want to opt for robust oat milk frothers that’ll last for years, so let’s focus on construction quality. The main materials used are:
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is arguably the most durable material for a quality milk frother, and it looks very chic. However, it’s expensive and heavy.
- Glass: Glass frothers are prone to breaking and cracking. They’re beautiful and elegant, though.
- Plastic: Plastic may or may not be sturdy. It’s better to pick a frothing machine that uses high-quality, BPA-free plastic. Also, ensure that it doesn’t come in contact with the liquid inside.
One of the deciding factors is how easy the frother is to clean. That’s especially true for frothers with glass, as they’re fragile and require safe cleaning techniques. On the same note, elaborate frother designs are also tricky, so consider how easy it is to disassemble them and clean their tough corners.If easy cleaning is a priority, look for an oat milk frother that’s dishwasher safe, providing a hassle-free process. Otherwise, there are many models that you can clean by running under hot water.
Your budget plays a role in your choice. As a rule, frothers’ prices range from $15 to $200. Handheld and manual milk frothers are usually towards the lower end of that range, whereas electric frothers are primarily towards the higher end.
Ultimately, we hope you’ve found the best milk frother for you. Ours is the Zulay Kitchen Milk Boss OG. It has everything we want, including versatility, durability, compactness, and easy usage and cleaning, all for a reasonable price. But if you’re after a jug-style frother, the Instant Milk Frother might just be it. Its 4-in-1 program provides everything from steam milk to cool-frothed milk. So, enjoy being your own barista and making frothed milk and professional-grade beverages!