This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on November 6, 2015
Every morning when you wake up, I bet you need an energizing boost to start your day. Did you know that one glass of warm lemon water could perfectly kick-start your day? This simple and humble fruit has a plethora of benefits. Here are a few such benefits that will blow your mind away:
- Lemon Water Is Diuretic: Water helps flush out toxins from your body anyway. Lemon is an excellent diuretic and adds to the essential benefits of water. It cleanses your intestines and flushes out the toxins that accumulate in your digestive tract. It can also help revive your body from a short burst of strenuous exercise.
- Gives Blemish-Free Skin: Lemons contain vitamin C in copious amounts. This vitamin is an antioxidant that relieves many skin problems. It helps flush out toxins and prevents free radical damage that manifest as breakouts. It also protects the protein collagen from disintegrating. Thus, it delays the onset of wrinkles.
- Rich Source Of Potassium: The presence of potassium in lemons helps in keeping your heart healthy. It is also responsible for ensuring that your central nervous system functions properly.
- Helps Cut Down Caffeine: This benefit is a little surprising, but lemon water in the mornings can, in fact, help cut down your caffeine intake. It gives you the necessary boost in the morning, without you having to indulge in coffee. Also, it has a calming effect on your nerves, unlike coffee.
- Boosts Your Immunity: Vitamin C in lemons also help in strengthening your immunity. It protects your body from potential viral infections, cold and flu.
- Helps In Weight Loss: This is another benefit that you will have to experience to believe it. The vitamin C in lemons helps burn stored fats quicker. Also, the presence of the fiber pectin keeps you fuller for a longer time. Thus, it facilitates weight management.
- Reduces Inflammation: Lemons contain the antioxidant vitamin C that is also responsible for fighting inflammation caused by free radicals. Vitamin C dissolves the uric acid accumulation in your joints. It thus reduces swelling and soothes aching joints.
- Maintains Blood pH: The presence of potassium in lemons also helps in maintaining pH balance in your blood. The increased amount of potassium in the blood ensures that the sodium count in your blood is under control.
- Aids Digestion: Lemons relieve digestive distress by helping in flushing out toxins from your body. They also help soothe heartburn and bloating. Lemons contain the soluble fiber, pectin that cleanses your colon and reduces risks of digestive problems. It also reduces risks of colon cancer.
- Freshens Up Your Breath: Every morning, you can’t help but wake up with bad breath. One glass of warm lemon water saves you from the embarrassing situations caused by bad breath. Vitamin C can erode teeth enamel. So, every morning when you drink lemon water, it acts on your teeth and removes the bacterial growth along with the enamel.
- Helps Cleanse Your Liver: Lemon water helps your liver balance the calcium and oxygen levels that can otherwise result in heartburn. Also, vitamin C helps in the increased production of bile salts that aid digestion and reduce stress on your liver.
The benefits of lemon water are far too many. More importantly, it refreshes you every morning and gives you the energy to start your day with fresh vigor. Turn