This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
Last Updated on August 8, 2021
The grill smokers can be greatly used to help you with a paleo diet. There are a number of meaty recipes that can be made on smokers for your paleo diet however depending the type of meat smoker you have. The best meat smoker reviews and guide can help you a great deal as to which one to get suited to your customised paleo meal plan. Now let us see the recipes that are paleo diet friendly using a smoker.
Ready in 1 hour
Serves 6 people
- 1 tri tip (aprox 5 lb)
- 2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoon salt
- Ready the smoker. Preheat at 225℉ for about fifteen minutes prior cooking time.
- Now, take your tri pit and season it with both salt and pepper on each side of the steak.
- Take the steak and place on the grill. Cook it for upto an hour or till the temperature of the tri tip reaches 130 ℉.
- When it is cooked until the above mentioned temperature, remove it from the grill and wrap it in foil paper.
- Preheat the smoker again at 500℉ for around 15 minutes.
- Place the tri tip back on the grill after removing the foil paper and sear it on both sides for 4 minute each.
- Turn off the grill and let the trip rest for 10 minutes. After rest, cut in slices and serve!
Quarter chicken barbeque
Ready in 1 hour
Serves 4 people
- 2 teaspoon medium ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup hot BBQ mix powder
- 4 quarters of chicken
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ⅔ cup greek yogurt
- Prepare the mix for marinade. Take a bowl and put black pepper, salt, hot bbq mix, lemon juice and yogurt.
- Make small cuts with a knife on the chicken for the merination to be infused properly.
- Marinade the chicken quarters with the mixture and coat it thoroughly with hands. Let it marinate for at least 3o-40 minutes.
- Now, preheat the grill at 225 and close the lid for 15 minutes .
- Now turn the temperature up at 500 and place the chicken.
- When the temperature has reached grill the chicken quarters on the smoker.
- Grill each side for 6-7 minutes each side or until the chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Serve hot with a mint sauce!
Now that we have some delicious meaty dishes for our paleo diet, an easy side is a must to bring some freshness to our meal. What about a juicy watermelon? Here’s a yummy recipe that is paleo friendly as well as pellet smoker friendly!
Lime grilled watermelon
Ready in 15 minutes
Serves 2 people
- 2 inch sliced watermelon- 4 slices
- 6 tsp lime juice
- ½ cup fresh Cilantro
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Cut the slices of the watermelon such that each side is 2 inches. Get 4 pieces ready.
- Now, brush some olive oil, half of cilantro, half of lime juice and some salt on each side.
- Preheat the smoker or grill.
- Place the watermelons and grill on each side for 3-4 minutes until the grill line marks are visible on both sides.
- Finally, remove the watermelons and season with the remaining lime juice and cilantro. Maybe some more salt.