Let’s hear it for fall. It’s a time where I get to revel in the appearance of the golden and blood red leaves of the trees in my neighborhood. It’s also my favorite season if only for the warm scent of cinnamon baking in my oven.
It’s amazing how the smell of these pumpkin spice cookies wrapped filled my home with holiday cheer. I snatched them out of the oven and destroyed several before I frosted them. These cookies, like any treat with a lot of spice, get better as they age.
I’ve also shared this recipe over at the Paleo Mama so go check it out.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powde
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon cardamon
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- In a mixing bowl add your pumpkin puree, coconut oil, egg, molasses, coconut sugar and vanilla then blend.
- Next add in your dry ingredients and mix until you have a soft dough.
- Pinch a walnut size piece and roll into a ball. Place on a piece of parchment paper on your baking sheet and press flat with your fingertips.
- Bake in your oven at 350 degrees for 25 - 28 minutes. Remove and let cool until warm and then frost.
- To make the frosting, whip all the ingredient in a small bowl until well combined.
© 2011-2013, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website