Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Apples and Carrots

Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Apples and Carrots

This was the first time I roasted apples, and trust me, it won’t be the last.   I’ve been busy with the book and planning some helpful, free live webinars sharing some tips and tricks for the Paleo Diet.   The first one is this Friday, February 21st at 6:00 PM PST time and I’ll be joined by Liz from Paleo on a Budget.  We will be  sharing some awesome tips for how to stay on budget on the Paleo diet.  Sign up here.  It will be live so you can ask us questions.

Anyway, back to my adventures with roasting apples, carrots and sweet potatoes.  The Granny Smith Apples really pack a fun punch with this mix of flavors.  I tore this up and somehow managed to save a few bites for Mr. Bejelly.  He was pretty peeved that I ate most of it.  Oh well, it’s not like I can’t make more.    The Little even ate it cold, which is saying something.  I have no idea why my toddler is so picky about eating cold food.   Anyhow this dish is awesome with a juicy pork chop. I hope you enjoy it!

Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Apples and Carrots

Real food sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Apples and Carrots - A Girl Worth Saving

Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Apples and Carrots

Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes

• 1 large white sweet potato peeled and diced
  • 3 small carrots peeled and diced
  • 2 small Granny Smith Apples peeled and diced
  • 2 tbsp of coconut oil melted
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp crushed dried rosemary
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp powdered garlic

1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
  2. In a large bowl combine the diced fruit and veggies.
  3. In a small bowl add the melted coconut oil and spices and whisk.
  4. Pour this over the diced fruit and veggies and mix with your hands to coat.
  5. Pour this onto a 11 x 18 stainless steel baking sheet and bake for 1 hour.

Roasted Sweet Potatoes, Apples and Carrots

© 2011-2014, A Girl Worth Saving. Feel free to pin my posts but do not repost my full recipe on your blog, Tumblr, or any other website.

1. Suzanne February 18, 2014 at 6:37 am

This sounds delish! I love roasted veggies. Pairing the apple is a great addition. I can’t wait to try it. My family doesn’t care for rosemary. Would you suggest another herb or seasoning?

1. Kelly Bejelly February 18, 2014 at 9:40 am

Cinnamon would rock! Just skip the garlic also.

2. Nichol February 18, 2014 at 4:59 pm

Yum! This looks like a wonderful nutritious side!

3. Joel A. February 21, 2014 at 1:36 am

I haven’t tried roasted apples but this looks wonderful. This is really nutritious.

4. Wendy February 24, 2014 at 12:18 pm

This was excellent. Great combination of flavors!!!!!

5. Jennifer S January 8, 2015 at 1:46 pm

Hi! This looks wonderful and I’m going to try it tonight but I am curious…I have a bunch of red apples aready at the house…Could I just use those? Would it change it up that much?

1. Kelly Bejelly January 8, 2015 at 8:15 pm

I don’t think it would. They might have more sugar in them so they might caramelize quicker.

6. Chaya July 7, 2017 at 4:53 am

Hi Kelly, I would like to cover the veg. with aluminum foil when I bake it could you answer me write away cause I want it ready before sunset i live in Israel. thank You very much for your special recipe it looks like its going to come out scrumptious. wish you abundance of Health and good luck Chaya

1. Kelly Bejelly August 27, 2017 at 5:07 pm

I would leave it uncovered hun. It will cook but it won’t brown.

7. Jackie August 2, 2017 at 8:43 pm

This recipe is awesome. I changed a few things and added purple and white carrots as well as both colored sweet potatoes (orange & white) roasted them in an the oven and my whole families loved them. Thank you for sharing this recipe! 🙂