This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
I swear when strawberries are in season, the scent just whisks me away to childhood and I end up running through the store towards the fragrant reminder of summer.
The Little loves running wild with me through the isles of the supermarket.
My fellow shoppers don’t.
However, I had an excuse to cause a minor shopping cart fender bender when I had the chance to make a recipe from my friend Michelle’s self-titled book Cavegirl Cuisine: Eating Paleo . . . one bone at a time!
Michelle blogs over at popular paleo blog, Cavegirl Cuisine and her book is filled with an amazing variety of Paleo recipes. She has one of the biggest sections on seafood that I’ve seen in a print paleo book and I can’t wait to try her Caribbean Coconut Shrimp recipe.
If you’re looking for more delicious Paleo recipes buy her book today!
She’s been kind enough to share a recipe from her book and I picked her berry cream pop aka Strawberry Cream Popsicle.
The minute these went in the freezer The Little would not go 15 minutes without asking for them. It’s times like this I wish i had a Zoku Popsicle maker.
From Cavegirl Cuisine's Book - recipe titled Creamy Berry Pops
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, add honey, berries and vanilla.
- "Smoosh" the berries against the side of the pan while they are heating.
- Continue this action, until desired "chunkiness" is achieved.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the coconut milk.
- Pour into ice pop molds (or paper cups with ice pop sticks).
- Freeze overnight.
- Run warm water over the molds to release the ice pops.